Fondop

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Possible I suppose if he's never going to play for us again.

That's one possible outcome, given his short-term contract and the length of his recovery time. He may end up being on the list of strikers who joined Latics and immediately ceased being an actual striker. The club does appear to have a knack for that. :D 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Wardie said:

In these days of insta-twatter-booka-gram, I'm afraid that is not possible.
It's much better to be upfront about these things and stop messing the fans around, we are not stupid.

not necessarily the club does (or should have) a social media policy 

I am acutely aware of what I can or can’t share on social media in the name of or without the approval of my employer and if I did something outside of that I could be disciplined (depending what it was of course) 

Don't know why people are comparing fondop to dearnley. Fondop is a totally different player who did more in 45 mins than dearnley did all season. Fully fit dearnley still wouldn't add to this team because skill isn't the problem. It's height and muscle that's the problem

4 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Don't know why people are comparing fondop to dearnley. Fondop is a totally different player who did more in 45 mins than dearnley did all season. Fully fit dearnley still wouldn't add to this team because skill isn't the problem. It's height and muscle that's the problem

In my previous post about Dearnly I was just highlighting the bad luck of the situation. I agree with you to a certain degree but you must be watching different players than me if you think skill or lack of it isn’t a problem…….

10 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

In my previous post about Dearnly I was just highlighting the bad luck of the situation. I agree with you to a certain degree but you must be watching different players than me if you think skill or lack of it isn’t a problem…….

Lack of skill is why we aren't already safe. Lack of strength and height is why we are still in deep do do. 

23 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

not necessarily the club does (or should have) a social media policy 

I am acutely aware of what I can or can’t share on social media in the name of or without the approval of my employer and if I did something outside of that I could be disciplined (depending what it was of course) 

What I was meaning is that the social media culture is too tempting for some and they cannot resist the lure of posting, despite protocols being in place. Twitter is an uncontrollable force when it comes to people making fools of themselves or getting into hot water.

My aim was at the club. I really do think the updates on injured and missing players is shocking and all this keep-it-under-your-hat cloak and dagger stuff is totally irrelevant these days, as we saw with Fondop's little posting slip-up. Why isn't Shez playing Vaughan, does he think the lad is too young and inexperienced and if so, why not tell the fans? It can be done in a manner that does not insult or degrade Vaughan's capabilities.

It's all subjective, of course.

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

What I was meaning is that the social media culture is too tempting for some and they cannot resist the lure of posting, despite protocols being in place. Twitter is an uncontrollable force when it comes to people making fools of themselves or getting into hot water.

My aim was at the club. I really do think the updates on injured and missing players is shocking and all this keep-it-under-your-hat cloak and dagger stuff is totally irrelevant these days, as we saw with Fondop's little posting slip-up. Why isn't Shez playing Vaughan, does he think the lad is too young and inexperienced and if so, why not tell the fans? It can be done in a manner that does not insult or degrade Vaughan's capabilities.

It's all subjective, of course.

Completely agree on that 

The club just give nothing these days - I have no doubt Fondop was in Sheridans office and left it in no doubt he was out of order 

The podcast reported that Fondop announced on social media he was out for the season. Is that exactly right? I just saw the picture and info that he’d had an op - but no return timescale. Shez said in his presser he didn’t know how long he was out for. Suzanne from Oldham Times was gonna follow up the question of cancelling his registration and bringing in a free agent signing.

Archived