Fondop

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s our only true No.9 gone already along with the promising Luamba who maybe out for the season, it never rains n all that……

I just hope Obadeyi can stay fit because he offers something different and is tricky and quick.

I don’t know whether it’s down to this being a sub standard league but he looks a much better player now than I remember him in his previous stint!

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Injuries are always a concern, but more so now as we have 9 games in 31 days coming up starting with Colchester on Saturday. Four of these are against relegation rivals. We really need to get through that lot without any more long-term injuries if possible.

I think we might be seeing Vaughan, Couto et al get some game time in March 🤔

On 2/20/2022 at 9:17 PM, Sloshed Joe said:

In his post-match interview on ifollow, Shez said Fondop is injured. But he seemed a bit grumpy about being asked about it and just wanted to talk about the players involved v Bradford. Could just be frustration but something might’ve happened which has added to his reluctance to talk about it.

This on Twatter...

What is going on with Fondop? Shez said he was fit on Friday before the Bradford game but was obviously not in the squad. Then in his interview after the game he was asked about Fondop and quite sharply said he didn't want to talk about him. Nothing said since

If Fondop is injured why are we not being told or updated?

This is exactly the type of situation with the club that is so effing annoying and then the rumour-mill starts rolling, which is no good to anyone. The team gets a striker who could start banging them in, then all of a sudden he's not in the squad and there is zilch information forthcoming.

Just tell the fans what the situation is, FFS!

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

This on Twatter...

What is going on with Fondop? Shez said he was fit on Friday before the Bradford game but was obviously not in the squad. Then in his interview after the game he was asked about Fondop and quite sharply said he didn't want to talk about him. Nothing said since

This is exactly the type of situation with the club that is so effing annoying and then the rumour-mill starts rolling, which is no good to anyone. The team gets a striker who could start banging them in, then all of a sudden he's not in the squad and there is zilch information forthcoming.

Perhaps he wanted to keep the opposition guessing, tactics and that.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

This on Twatter...

It’s common for a manager to bend the truth in a press conference. Bradford will have been fully expecting Fondop to start right up until the team news were released. Part and parcel of the game these days. 
For what it’s worth, he is definitely injured and nothing else untoward. He was limping significantly after Newport game at FT, and holding his groin, and I saw him on Sheepfoot lane on Saturday too, still limping. 

1 hour ago, hillside blue said:

I can understand that and it's not something that hasn't been done before.

1 hour ago, daniel said:

It’s common for a manager to bend the truth in a press conference. Bradford will have been fully expecting Fondop to start right up until the team news were released. Part and parcel of the game these days. 
For what it’s worth, he is definitely injured and nothing else untoward. He was limping significantly after Newport game at FT, and holding his groin, and I saw him on Sheepfoot lane on Saturday too, still limping. 

I do believe he is injured and nothing more than that but why has there been no official news and surely that kind of ruse only works the once?

There's no need for any cloak and dagger stuff.

It really gets on my tits. :D 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

I can understand that and it's not something that hasn't been done before.

I do believe he is injured and nothing more than that but why has there been no official news and surely that kind of ruse only works the once?

There's no need for any cloak and dagger stuff.

It really gets on my tits. :D 

Ah… but now Colchester believe that Fondop is injured … so imagine their panic when he starts up front on Saturday 😉

<taps side of head and gives knowing wink> 

11 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Come on, Shez has managed us long enough that you should know what he's like.  He gives very little away to the press at the best of times, and likes to keep back info for surprise value.

He's here to win us games, not to keep us and the papers happy with gossip. 

I know what Shez is like and if Fondop turns up on the team sheet tomorrow, then I will be more than happy. Those clowns at the helm have sown so much mistrust and non-transparency into the club, it comes natural to be suspicious of everything. 

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

I know what Shez is like and if Fondop turns up on the team sheet tomorrow, then I will be more than happy. Those clowns at the helm have sown so much mistrust and non-transparency into the club, it comes natural to be suspicious of everything. 

I don't trust toast

Fondop has had an operation on an abductor injury and is out for 10 weeks. 

With Luamba also out for many weeks, it looks like we are stuck with what we have. Fingers crossed we don't get more injuries in the busy March schedule.

The team will need all our support on the run-in. No point moaning about individuals. Let's get right behind them - 12th man and all that.

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

Fondop has had an operation on an abductor injury and is out for 10 weeks. 

With Luamba also out for many weeks, it looks like we are stuck with what we have. Fingers crossed we don't get more injuries in the busy March schedule.

The team will need all our support on the run-in. No point moaning about individuals. Let's get right behind them - 12th man and all that.

He only scored two goals … that’s less than Hope for chrissake…

😉

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Other clubs can. I think we technically can but we'd have to deregister someone first.

Are we going to deregister Fondop to sign his replacement?!

On 2/24/2022 at 7:26 PM, hillside blue said:

Obvious from Shezs pre Carlisle interview he is not at all happy with Fondops tweet about his op. Best to keep a bit of mystery about who is and who isn't available I think.

On 3/4/2022 at 12:18 PM, Mercater said:

Obvious from Shezs pre Carlisle interview he is not at all happy with Fondops tweet about his op. Best to keep a bit of mystery about who is and who isn't available I think.

In these days of insta-twatter-booka-gram, I'm afraid that is not possible.
It's much better to be upfront about these things and stop messing the fans around, we are not stupid.

Archived