Fondop

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SweeperKeeper said:

Fondop: 2 goals in 70 minutes for us

Hope: 2 goals in 31 matches for us

Amazing what happens when you play a League 2 striker as a striker in League 2

Hopefully with more to come, which would be brilliant as well as emphasising what Latics have missed by not having one from the start.

3 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Fondop: 2 goals in 70 minutes for us

Hope: 2 goals in 31 matches for us

Amazing what happens when you play a League 2 striker as a striker in League 2

In fairness to Hope, I think he might score goals under Shez, if he can get on the pitch. 

Fondop’s header today was magnificent.

4 hours ago, Wardie said:

Hopefully with more to come, which would be brilliant as well as emphasising what Latics have missed by not having one from the start.

It’s absolutely criminal that a professional football club has had no recognised striker for 2/3 thirds of the season. For however bad things have been, it’s the above that is most ridiculous. 

On 2/12/2022 at 11:02 PM, Flemboy said:

Took his goals really well and came over   and really enjoyed his celebrations with us .All credit to Shez for getting someone who will pose a threat to many defenders

Just seen the clip on Twatter of his post match interview and he comes across as someone who could end up being well-loved by the Latics fans.
I think...desperately hope [no pun]...Sheridan has brought in a gem of a striker.

Quietly optimistic has become my new status.

14 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Lovely interview on the website. Seems like a really nice bloke who loves Shez and will run through brick walls for him…just what we need right now

yep agree. I think he will work hard and put himself about which is what we need. Don’t think he’s very good footballer but was pleased he can find the net. Got 10 for shez at chesterfield I think 

3 hours ago, Careca9 said:

yep agree. I think he will work hard and put himself about which is what we need. Don’t think he’s very good footballer but was pleased he can find the net. Got 10 for shez at chesterfield I think 

Was Linekar a good footballer? All he did was hang around the goal area and pop the ball into the net. :D 

Fondop is a striker. If he keeps finding the net, then he is good at his job.

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And two months for Luamba.  Let's not get cocky yet...

Don't think anyone is, we need to be hard to beat, and by the sounds of it Shez has the defence organised and up for the fight. If Hope can kick on from his goal yesterday along with DKD firing the odd 1-0 here and there should do it. Still a long way to go though. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well Bahamboula was suspended for one

The OT on Friday, after Sheridan commented on Luamba's injury and obvious absence.
“Dylan is suspended but everyone else is fit and available,” added Sheridan.
Maybe we should wait until the club informs us and not someone on Twatter claiming something that was apparently overheard.

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

obv injured as no way wouldn’t have made squad. Just good hope is back and obadeyi got mins sat so have half decent options. Don’t need anyone else injured though this week. 

No Tuesday game helps, it would be good to get 3 points next Saturday but a draw and no injuries will do. 

In his post-match interview on ifollow, Shez said Fondop is injured. But he seemed a bit grumpy about being asked about it and just wanted to talk about the players involved v Bradford. Could just be frustration but something might’ve happened which has added to his reluctance to talk about it.

2 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

In his post-match interview on ifollow, Shez said Fondop is injured. But he seemed a bit grumpy about being asked about it and just wanted to talk about the players involved v Bradford. Could just be frustration but something might’ve happened which has added to his reluctance to talk about it.

If you look at his last match both Fondop's thighs were strapped up.

Archived