Club publishes accounts for 2020/21

On 3/31/2022 at 3:14 PM, deyres42 said:

The lease is a real ticking time bomb, council/local government should be stepping in at this stage to secure it.

I have an iron in the fire so to speak as what Pete G said above, not much time left either with people for places agenda gobbling up all spare land and brown field too.

But we are going into local elections so not much movement until after this happens....tba

On 3/31/2022 at 3:09 PM, PeteG said:

Isn't the clubs lease only till 2031? That isn't a long time really then any ACV will be irrelevant anyway as the club be homeless then.

Agreed and we only need to look at the downhill trajectory of Oldham Rugby when they were made homeless and where they are at now

44 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Will AL pay off the embargo before next season...If not why not?

It can't go on forever surely as I believe it can automatically be deducted from solidarity payments  by the EFL?

Didn't the former finance director say it ends in the summer?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Will AL pay off the embargo before next season...If not why not?

It can't go on forever surely as I believe it can automatically be deducted from solidarity payments  by the EFL?

My understanding, certainly not knowledge, is that the loan was less than a full season's solidarity payment so it should be gone by the summer.  However, whether that puts us in a position to offer any better than the 1 year/£800 contracts that we have been limited to certainly isn't clear so it may be irrelevant anyway

Archived