BPAS PODCAST: 4th Apr '22 Episode 78: Save Your Club!

54 minutes ago, underdog said:

It's land for me.

Land big enough in Oldham to have a stadium size complex.

Land will be taken up pretty soon all over the Borough to fill the people for places agenda.

I don't know if there are any big enough spaces left in Oldham now.

Are there any?

This.  It's not as if we haven't looked for alternative sites before

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

This.  It's not as if we haven't looked for alternative sites before

Is not some of the problem with that the cost of the land when in competition with the big developers .are we going to have to look at a brownfield/ industrial location that involves some demolition and regeneration ?

3 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Is not some of the problem with that the cost of the land when in competition with the big developers .are we going to have to look at a brownfield/ industrial location that involves some demolition and regeneration ?

Potentially.  And that would, I think - certainly not my area of expertise - be very expensive due to the inevitable clean up costs that would come with old industrial land.  In 20+ years of looking the only vaguely suitable site that got anywhere was Failsworth. Doesn't suggest there are many options

I know it would depend on any new owners wealth BUT just how much money do some of you think is going to be available?

Council going to get involved again after their last joint venture with OAFC?

Just the dislike for the current stadium ownership?

Shiny new build stadium dazzling you over the reality perhaps?

Cannot see any future beyond staying at BP and that doesn't really list at the top of my priorities for the future.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived