World Cup

are we watching? how do you feel about it?

lve watched every minute except the qatar match plus l warched about 2mins highlights of the opening ceremony in al-Jaz.

l wouldnt have picked Kane Vs lran after Conte's comments, altho l do think this new injury is unrelated. not gona stop him tho is it bc when he had concussion and a suspected skull fracture they just let him play anyway, but told him to take the corners so he cudnt head it and die 😂

'doesnt feel like a World Cup' is obvious bc its cold and its raining, usually l'm listening to 'its just summer' over World in Motion n that. just realised lve not even played that once so lm not even gona kid myself lm loving it.

l am liking it tho.

bet365 are doin this predict the exact scores thing for bet credits and lm getting one per day plus a result or two, but that gets ya nowt. expecting a win soon tho and it can be done in ten seconds so l thought ld plug it, hopefully cost them some cash long term!

nobody comes in ere do they

Struggling to get excited by it all, I'm sure I will sit down and watch a full game pretty soon. Be good if the players from both sides could get there heads together pre game and all wear a rainbow headband or wrist band, they ain't going to yellow card them all are they. 

My take, Sterling, Saka, Trippier, Mount were awful. Bellingham was bulled up after the 1st game, I saw nothing to make me think he can affect games. Foden should be one of 1st names on the team sheet. Might be me but I thought Shaw from the get go didn't look interested, it might be his normal demeanour though. Tuesday if I have something else to do it won't bother me. 

It obviously shouldn't be in Qatar.

I didn't think the tournament would work in winter, but it's dragged me in.

It's cold, dark and miserable outside, but at the moment there's four football matches a day to follow.  I'm coming round to the idea that winter World Cups aren't the worst idea in the world..

On 11/25/2022 at 11:01 PM, JoeP said:

It obviously shouldn't be in Qatar.

I didn't think the tournament would work in winter, but it's dragged me in.

It's cold, dark and miserable outside, but at the moment there's four football matches a day to follow.  I'm coming round to the idea that winter World Cups aren't the worst idea in the world..

The flip side to this is that, attendances for the games that are being played here are going to be affected by certain games at the WC. I've not fully got on board with it yet, it might change if England do well although the KO Times are pretty decent. 

11 hours ago, disjointed said:

If it had been England who were eliminated by such a contentious decision, there would have been uproar. Let bygones be bygones, Germany were shafted and the sooner VAR is dumped the better. 

It’s like tennis though isn’t it? If the tiniest fraction of the ball crosses the line then it’s in. A top down view shows about half a millimetre still within the line. 

But var is dog shit and also being used really badly. It’s like they’ve taken the worst aspects of video refereeing across all sports and combined them into one shit show. No one has a clue what’s happened until about 3 days later when FIFA tweet about it. We’ve not seen the end of the controversy. 

On 12/2/2022 at 8:43 PM, disjointed said:

If it had been England who were eliminated by such a contentious decision, there would have been uproar. Let bygones be bygones, Germany were shafted and the sooner VAR is dumped the better. 

Sorry to tell you this, but it's not going anywhere. I'm all for it - the standard of reffing in this tournament has been great all round.

we can beat france if we back ourselves.

our attack is 9.9/10 our midfield is 9/10 and our defence is 6/10.

DO NOT re enforce the negative. we must play to our strengths.

at most put some brakes on the full backs and CDM(s).

please do not go with 343 or 352 pls pls pls pls pls pls

On 12/10/2022 at 5:36 PM, disjointed said:

Well played Morocco. Ronaldo has been a fantastic footballer over the years, but the sight of him walking off on his own leaving his team mates on the pitch, smacks of selfishness. Good riddance to the spoilt brat. 

Zero goals in 8 world cup knock out matches, from 27 shots or something like that. Although it goes against what I'd normally want to happen, I'd be ok with Argentina winning it to cement Messi above Ronaldo in the pecking order.

On 12/12/2022 at 9:24 AM, nzlatic said:

Zero goals in 8 world cup knock out matches, from 27 shots or something like that. Although it goes against what I'd normally want to happen, I'd be ok with Argentina winning it to cement Messi above Ronaldo in the pecking order.

is it even a debate anywhere outside the UK? christiano isnt even the best ever ronaldo, he is not the best ever player from his country and he isnt remembered as the best ever player at allllll the clubs he has mercenaried himself around then engineered a move away from. granted, he forced himself thru sheer force will to be just about the best on the planet for around two years, but he's got no attributes to 'fall back on' as he gets older and less mobile so he doesnt get in the team infact he hasn't even got one the big sulky twat.

whereas Messi is just class 35 years old gettin the ball in his own half and runnin with it into the six yard box seemingly at ease just slower than he used to 😳he is arguably the best ever.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

watched every minute of every match except the qatar matches and the third placed play off. for some reason l thought they got rid of that after 1990!!

so did we play in one in 2018?? 

Yes, lost to Belgium, again

14 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

is it even a debate anywhere outside the UK? christiano isnt even the best ever ronaldo, he is not the best ever player from his country and he isnt remembered as the best ever player at allllll the clubs he has mercenaried himself around then engineered a move away from. granted, he forced himself thru sheer force will to be just about the best on the planet for around two years, but he's got no attributes to 'fall back on' as he gets older and less mobile so he doesnt get in the team infact he hasn't even got one the big sulky twat.

whereas Messi is just class 35 years old gettin the ball in his own half and runnin with it into the six yard box seemingly at ease just slower than he used to 😳he is arguably the best ever.

Ronaldo is a machine statistically. Just a power player.  Messi is an artist. No contest. I should have made that clearer as reading back what I said it reads like I had this down as the decider!  It's not even close in my view.

Archived