Rugby

My dear old dad was a fanatical rugby fan , fortunately he didnt live to see the decline from the super league days , I did get him to latics just in time for the 1974 promotion season!His claim to fame was being in the record crowd for boundary park in 1930 against Sheffield wednesday some 47,000 , but i'm pleased about the ground share and takeover . Lets hope both teams have a successful season next year, God knows the people of Oldham deserve something to shout about 

My dad grew up near Watersheddings and had a job as a lad at the brewery where most of the players worked. He'd be thrilled at this news if he was still alive and at them having a home again at BP. I'll raise a glass for him tonight.

Would be great for the town if the two clubs can get on an upward trajectory at the same time.

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Another new era begins.

Hopefully we both go on to bigger and better things.  👍

I wonder if they'll promote a joint season ticket next year ?

Would be nice but I can't see it. They won't be under the same ownership.

29 minutes ago, bazerx said:

Would be nice but I can't see it. They won't be under the same ownership.

Surely they could work a discount or some other incentive for lapsed or potentially new Roughyead fans who support Latics to try and get their attendances nearer the 1000 mark, if only for the first season.

On 3/24/2023 at 4:10 PM, Bobledgersheart said:

Surely they could work a discount or some other incentive for lapsed or potentially new Roughyead fans who support Latics to try and get their attendances nearer the 1000 mark, if only for the first season.

Be great if they could.

Archived