Chances of promotion next season

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Why are Chesterfield so feared? They're level on points with Woking 

They already had a decent squad and added 2 of the league's best players in Colclough and Dallas so we'll have to recruit well to match them.

52 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Anyone that thinks we will be favourites need to give there head a wobble who ever doesent go up from chesterfield and notts will fill that slot .if hartlepool come down they will be up there remember they have been here before recently so know the script solihull will be strong again and you cant rule out big spending fylde .having said that anything outside of a top seven finnish would be a major disapointment think we are where we were summer 1989 under royle the makings of a good squad just need those little bits of quality to complete the jigsaw

Nobody has said we’ll be favourites, or even they fancy us to win it. 

But before a ball is kicked we’ll be one of the three biggest sides and budgets in the league and therefore it’s realistic to think we ‘could be’ up there.

Far more realistic- is what you say, top 7. 

4 hours ago, philwhite said:

I think once we get rid of Wrexham and Notts County this division will be a lot easier next season. Personally from what I’ve seen this season most of the the other teams are no better than us and we’ve been poor in a lot of matches. With a bit of improvement next season I’d like to think we will get in the playoffs. 
What I would like to see though is us play more attacking football. 

Agreed. The football has been dire and done the opposite of attracting new fans.

Frank's backing is one of the best and we need better fayre especially on our long travels.

The worst outcome for you would be for one of Wrexham and Notts not to make it. Then it would be bloody difficult.

It's very hard to look too far into the future. But I would expect Boreham, Woking, Dagenham, Bromley and Solihull to have a real crack at it next year. Maybe Dagenham. Southend are in flux, but if they retain the nucleus of the current side should be up there. I don't think it will be as strong a Division, but that doesn't mean it won't be a slog. 

Archived