Away form....

This for me is the next big thing we need to sort out if we are to continue our resurgence!

3 pts and 4 goals is our return from our 5 games so far under Rhino ball tactics which is shite.

On Tuesday we go to mighty Kidderminster who's home results this season have been

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-1

1-1

Won't have a better opportunity of getting an away win this season than against this lot...results suggest we can attack without too much fear

COYB

Edited by Londonboy
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

This for me is the next big thing we need to sort out if we are to continue our resurgence!

3 pts and 4 goals is our return from our 5 games so far under Rhino ball tactics which is shite.

On Tuesday we go to mighty Kidderminster who's home results this season have been

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-1

1-1

Won't have a better opportunity of getting an away win this season than against this lot...results suggest we can attack without too much fear

COYB

We’ll be fine now. 

Not saying we’ll win every game, but I’m very confident of top 7 come May. 

• Like 3

I followed every minute of the Kidderminster away game on BBC radio, and thought we were a bit lucky to come away with three points, but on the other hand we hung on in there and took our chances.

Away form is a big deal on the whole. Just look at the Latics 1974-75 season, when they didn't win a single away game but somehow managed to avoid relegation. Still don't know how we managed that. Has there been any other season in our history when we haven't won even once away from home?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

I followed every minute of the Kidderminster away game on BBC radio, and thought we were a bit lucky to come away with three points, but on the other hand we hung on in there and took our chances.

Away form is a big deal on the whole. Just look at the Latics 1974-75 season, when they didn't win a single away game but somehow managed to avoid relegation. Still don't know how we managed that. Has there been any other season in our history when we haven't won even once away from home?

I went to the game and I dont think we were lucky, I think we did a job on a team who’s main tactic was to lump the ball towards the box, whether it be by throw in or corner. We had to be organised particularly at set pieces and as you’d expect from the home team they had spells of pressure but I think we defended well. Good substitutions too because Norwood and Nuttall were getting nowhere. Reid gets his goal and Willoughby is definitely coming along nicely and played well. Hope their lad was ok at the end of the game. 

• Like 4

I only saw the game badly streamed last night, and although it was a welcome 3pts and another win, we were not much better than in the Unsworth days, until the substitutions in my view.

Play like that on Saturday at

Wealdstone and we will likely get nothing from the game.

Midfield is now a big worry and Lundstrom may get thrown in by default as we can't play Shelton with Sheron as was shown last night.

It's another game we should win if we show up and get on the front foot.

Then we have 2 what should be straight forward home games which should put us firmly in a play off spot , before derby away days at Dogdale and Flyde.

It's November and December when our away pedigree will be tested at Woking Barnet Solihull and Hartlepool. 

If we can be in the top 7 come the end of December, I'd back us to kick on and give winning the play offs a good go.

We need to be better than last night though.

Norwood and Reid to start Saturday up top for me, Sheron plus anyone bar Shelton in the middle 👍

• Like 2