NFL Tickets for this Sunday

As I can’t now go, I have 2 tickets for the Jaguars v Atlanta Falcons NFL game at Wembley this Sunday if anyone fancies a double header after watching Latics beat Wealdstone?!

They are decent seats just a couple of rows back from the front of the top tier..and, they are end of row seats so you can easily head to the bar during the regular game breaks! 

The game kicks off at 2:30 so plenty of time to get home!

I payed just over £90 per ticket but happy to accept a fair offer from a fellow ‘Tic

Its a great experience if you haven’t been before!

DM me if interested, I have the tickets so can send the digital files and/or you can print out the PDF

15 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I saw the Jaguars v Baltimore Ravens at Wembley about 5 years ago. It was my first NFL game - and last. I won’t be going again, one of the most boring sporting events I’ve ever attended!

Are you just trying to drive the price down mate? 🤣

Don’t listen to him, it’s a great experience and a chance to check out Wembley before our next FA Cup semi final v ManUre which must be due again soon!

• Like 1

I'll counter by saying I've had "season tickets" (multi-game packages) for the NFL in London for about 10 years now and it is always a banging day out. You can drink in your seat, if nothing else. I am at both Spurs games this year (can't make Sunday this week either, sadly) and would highly recommend it, even if as a one-off "well I gave it a go" type event.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I saw the Jaguars v Baltimore Ravens at Wembley about 5 years ago. It was my first NFL game - and last. I won’t be going again, one of the most boring sporting events I’ve ever attended!

I'm a Ravens fan and even I was bored at that game. Sure we sent over a bunch of shocking ringers as we were so poor!!

Edited by watty123

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

That should help him shift them 😂

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Are you just trying to drive the price down mate? 🤣

Don’t listen to him, it’s a great experience and a chance to check out Wembley before our next FA Cup semi final v ManUre which must be due again soon!

Ha sorry, that exact thought occurred to me literally as I pressed the submit button!!

That’s the great thing about sports, lots of different opinions. Some of my mates can’t fathom why I find cricket, especially test matches, interesting 😂

4 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

As I can’t now go, I have 2 tickets for the Jaguars v Atlanta Falcons NFL game at Wembley this Sunday if anyone fancies a double header after watching Latics beat Wealdstone?!

They are decent seats just a couple of rows back from the front of the top tier..and, they are end of row seats so you can easily head to the bar during the regular game breaks! 

The game kicks off at 2:30 so plenty of time to get home!

I payed just over £90 per ticket but happy to accept a fair offer from a fellow ‘Tic

Its a great experience if you haven’t been before!

DM me if interested, I have the tickets so can send the digital files and/or you can print out the PDF

I did ask one of my sons who takes one of his sons to NFL games if he wanted your tickets but it turns out they are going the week after on the 8th Oct. I don't have any interest in NFL but it did occur to me that I could cadge a lift off them and spend a few hours in London visiting a museum or such. But looking at google maps, i'm not sure it's a viable option. Do you think it's possible or are there any attractions around Wembley I could visit ?

My limited understanding of NFL is that it's a long drawn out match. I assume they'll be using Wembly Statium parking, do you know how far the nearest tube station is ? Thanks.

20 minutes ago, redlion said:

I did ask one of my sons who takes one of his sons to NFL games if he wanted your tickets but it turns out they are going the week after on the 8th Oct. I don't have any interest in NFL but it did occur to me that I could cadge a lift off them and spend a few hours in London visiting a museum or such. But looking at google maps, i'm not sure it's a viable option. Do you think it's possible or are there any attractions around Wembley I could visit ?

My limited understanding of NFL is that it's a long drawn out match. I assume they'll be using Wembly Statium parking, do you know how far the nearest tube station is ? Thanks.

There's a few options round Wembley - tube and mainline. Will take you about half an hour to get to the centre. Dead easy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, redlion said:

You should absolutely do it Redlion! London is the greatest city in the world (Imho) and brilliant for walking around and just taking things in.

The game last around 3.5 to 4 hours (plus they’ll be in the stadium an hour before so you have loads of time.

Here’s what I’d do;

Take the tube from Wembley Park (10 min walk down Wembley Way) down to Baker Street and then change onto the Bakerloo line and get off at Piccadilly Circus. Stroll down Haymarket to Trafalgar Square and visit the National Portrait Gallery. After that, head down Northumberland Avenue and over the walking bridge across the Thames with the Houses of Parliament to your right and the London Eye opposite you. Then turn left along the riverside walk and you can walk all the way along the South Bank taking in the sights and sounds of the river as well as Shakespeares Globe Theatre, HMS Belfast, and Clink Street (Englands first prison) and ending at More London and Tower Bridge. On the way you pass the Tate Modern where you can marvel at why an IKEA mirror is now displayed as a piece of art and other cool stuff! (You can also venture out to the middle of the Thames on the infamous Millennium Bridge now they have fixed the “wobble”)

There are endless bars and restaurants along the way, some expensive some “normal” but if you have time and really want to see London, Europes tallest building the Shard is at London Bridge and you can pre book a visit to the viewing gallery on the 68th floor or, spend the same money but on a drink at Aqua bar on the 31st floor which still has amazing views (no booking needed so first come first served 

Once you’ve had enough you can jump on the Jubilee line at the newly redeveloped London Bridge Station which will take you all the way back up to Wembley Park in approx 30 mins or so

Enjoy 😀🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧👍

Edited by Ritchierich

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yeah I was invited by Ravens fans. They expected to walk it but lost something like 41-0 from memory, poor blokes were gutted!

We did get one touchdown but it was scored when most had already left - It was 40 something to 7 though. Almost ruined my weekend.

I have a theory that Oldham and Ravens never win on the same weekend. Ravens won the opening two, expected to win on Sunday but as  Latics won that weekend they went and lost!! 

8 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Totally onboard with the walk round London advice - but skip the top of the Shard and do any number of the free ones (some booked, some just roll up)...

Best Rooftop Gardens in London | Rooftop Spots for Summer Days (timeout.com)

agreed, mostly put it ‘cos it’s at the end of my suggested walk + the view is iconic! (Aqua bar is free entry which is why it’s. A lever alternative to the viewing gallery, lower but still great view and you spend £25 on drinks rather than lift!)

TBH I would just get a pint at one of the pubs along the way and look out over the Thames 🤣

Edited by Ritchierich

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

You should absolutely do it Redlion! London is the greatest city in the world (Imho) and brilliant for walking around and just taking things in.

The game last around 3.5 to 4 hours (plus they’ll be in the stadium an hour before so you have loads of time.

Here’s what I’d do;

Take the tube from Wembley Park (10 min walk down Wembley Way) down to Baker Street and then change onto the Bakerloo line and get off at Piccadilly Circus. Stroll down Haymarket to Trafalgar Square and visit the National Portrait Gallery. After that, head down Northumberland Avenue and over the walking bridge across the Thames with the Houses of Parliament to your right and the London Eye opposite you. Then turn left along the riverside walk and you can walk all the way along the South Bank taking in the sights and sounds of the river as well as Shakespeares Globe Theatre, HMS Belfast, and Clink Street (Englands first prison) and ending at More London and Tower Bridge. On the way you pass the Tate Modern where you can marvel at why an IKEA mirror is now displayed as a piece of art and other cool stuff! (You can also venture out to the middle of the Thames on the infamous Millennium Bridge now they have fixed the “wobble”)

There are endless bars and restaurants along the way, some expensive some “normal” but if you have time and really want to see London, Europes tallest building the Shard is at London Bridge and you can pre book a visit to the viewing gallery on the 68th floor or, spend the same money but on a drink at Aqua bar on the 31st floor which still has amazing views (no booking needed so first come first served 

Once you’ve had enough you can jump on the Jubilee line at the newly redeveloped London Bridge Station which will take you all the way back up to Wembley Park in approx 30 mins or so

Enjoy 😀🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧👍

WOW ! Thanks for that, a days itinerary laid out for me. I'm an oap and I was ten when I last went to London as a tourist with my Mum and one of my Sisters. The only other times i've been are to watch Latics at the old Wembley. Hopefully if i'm well enough i'll go on the 8th Oct.

Thanks again for your comprehensive reply.

• Like 1