D_S Picture Quiz 007

This is the last but not least in this series - I would like to think that this is the most difficult. :devilish:

You've got 17 days before the season starts. Of course some people have more time on their hands than others to do their research. :tongue:

http://mikap.iki.fi/travel/baltic-2001/pic...2/Picture04.jpg

is it aek athens?

This is the last but not least in this series - I would like to think that this is the most difficult. :devilish:

You've got 17 days before the season starts. Of course some people have more time on their hands than others to do their research. :tongue:

http://mikap.iki.fi/travel/baltic-2001/pic...2/Picture04.jpg

How hard can it be? It's in Finland, isn't it? :grin:

How hard can it be? It's in Finland, isn't it? :grin:

No - I was hoping the big lad from BOAST woud say that! :grin: Don't let the URL give you a false sense of optimism. :wink:

I've used this picture as I am unable to find my own picture in the loft!

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Stockholm Olympic Stadium, Sweden

or sometimes known as Stockholms Stadion (Olympia Stadion) and the club is Djurgården IF

Took me all of 30seconds working with the link you posted :lol:

Edited by davegtt

4 simple steps to getting it right in 30seconds.

1. Open Link

2. Delete picture04.jpg of the URL and press enter

3. Notice Picture04.html in the list of files on server, click on that

4. See said picture with the answer

:lol:

4 simple steps to getting it right in 30seconds.

1. Open Link

2. Delete picture04.jpg of the URL and press enter

3. Notice Picture04.html in the list of files on server, click on that

4. See said picture with the answer

:lol:

Cunning. :sign0173:

I tried something similar, but my impatience got the better of me. If the next picture quiz is of a ground near some mountains with red seating in the stands, it's Clyde. :grin:

Stockholm Olympic Stadium, Sweden

or sometimes known as Stockholms Stadion (Olympia Stadion) and the club is Djurgården IF

Took me all of 30seconds working with the link you posted :lol:

CORRECT! Well done. :applause1:

BLAST! I should have gone to the trouble of finding my own picture from my loft - it serves me right!!

As you said it’s Stockholm's Olympiastadion, until recently the home of Djurgardens Idrottsförening (abbrieviated IF which translates to Athletic Association). It's arguably one of the most beautiful stadia in the world - it looks like someone has taken a castle and stuck a stadium inside.

It was opened in 1912 as a venue for the 1912 Olympic Games. Since then it has hosted numerous sports events and the stadium in the world where the most athletics records have been set, totaling 83. It’s also been the venue for concerts from artists such as The Rolling Stones, Depeche Mode, Iron Maiden and Robbie Williams. In 1956 when Melbourne hosted the Olympic Games, the horse competitions were held here due to quarantine rules in Australia.

Mrs Sideburns and I went to Stockholm in 2002 to see Shamrock Rovers play Djurgardens in the UEFA Cup. We had a look round this stadium on the morning of the match, but the match was played in the more modern Rasunda Stadium.

After the match we were drinking in a bar with our Irish mates and a Djurgardens' fan, when the bar was attacked by a mob of Djurgardens’ fans.

http://www.srfcultras.net/dubliner/dubliner.html

It all sounds very dramatic, but in truth we were in the basement bar and were completely oblivious about what was going on at ground level. It was ironic because the Djurgardens' fan was going on and on about English hooligans (we were the only two English in that part of the bar) and I was explaining about how we're not all hooligans. Then we were told what had happened upstairs, and I was able to say to him "you can't blame the English for this one!". He was as crestfallen at being let down by his fans as many of us have been when some England fans have given us a bad name.

Cunning. :sign0173:

I tried something similar, but my impatience got the better of me. If the next picture quiz is of a ground near some mountains with red seating in the stands, it's Clyde. :grin:

I was hoist by my own petard :dunce::clown: , and davgtt has given you and the others the cheaters' charter for deciphering official photos. :youroff::cry::thumbsdown::shifty::rifle: So no more of those photos in future. NOTE TO SELF: I must not take such risks again! :lipsrsealed2:

I've also crossed Clyde off my list of quiz contenders! :grin:

I was hoist by my own petard :dunce::clown: , and davgtt has given you and the others the cheaters' charter for deciphering official photos. :youroff::cry::thumbsdown::shifty::rifle: So no more of those photos in future. NOTE TO SELF: I must not take such risks again! :lipsrsealed2:

I've also crossed Clyde off my list of quiz contenders! :grin:

Is it FC Wheelbarrow from Ireland??

Guest oa_exile
Is it Clyde? :grin:

Is it FC Wheelbarrow from Ireland??

Your both on the right lines...........it's very exciting , i want to give you another clue :lol:

:mmm: .......... now then............ :idea: ............. they normally play in Blue and White :grin:

It's my first try at this so go easy one me :blush: what is the Stadium? :grin:

Picture003.jpg

After extensive Googling I think I'm getting warm.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...ml?page_size=25

There is a connection with the Sheridan family, but I'm not happy with the reference to Yorkshire. :unsure: I'll keep working on this one as I like a challenge. :curtains:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The partially obscured name in the seats must be some sort of clue. It appears to end in OW so in guessing it's probably a Polish team as many Polish place names end in OW - am I on the right lines? :grin:

SNAP!! I was thinking it might be the Polish fifth division club Boprow, but they play in green.