I think this is a crucial period for the club.

We must achieve some kind of positive result at the end of next season. 

Whether it's a change of management or squad we must achieve  play offs at least.

This is a time for Frank and his team to put their heads together  and come up with something good.

We had 8000 attendance at first game last year and it will be interesting to see next turn out. If we lose this fan base I can't see us getting it back.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 9:23 PM, yarddog2004 said:

Whether it's a change of management or squad we must achieve  play offs at least.

This is a time for Frank and his team to put their heads together  and come up with something good.

We had 8000 attendance at first game last year and it will be interesting to see next turn out. If we lose this fan base I can't see us getting it back.

How many Yarddogs are there. There’s 2004 and 73 on here and 68 on another forum. Or are they all the same person?

54 minutes ago, The Greek said:

How many Yarddogs are there. There’s 2004 and 73 on here and 68 on another forum. Or are they all the same person?

Thankfully for everyone I've only one account 😂

On 5/2/2024 at 9:23 PM, yarddog2004 said:

Fans will turn up when we start winning football matches which will happen eventually, with regards to slow season ticket sales the flip side to that is if Micky can get it right and put out a successful team then matchday revenue would go through the roof, so long as we are not reliant on ST monies now I don't see it as a problem.

One or two decent signings will push sales up, i have a feeling Darren isn't saying too much at the minute because every word will be forensicly analysed and he has little to gain. I thought it telling that Frank made an appeal for support, he deserves to be backed for what he's done and put in regardless of some of the poor decisions that have been made, my only hope is that we are learning from them and have enough about us to get involved at the top next season.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The fanbase will always be back as soon as wer start winning regularly.

Exactly the same arguement was put down when the Lemsagams were here that lost fans would never come back yet crowds went up the minute they left. So while some fans may decide not to renew season tickets a strong start will see them back through the door pretty quickly I reckon.

• Like 1

Winning entertaining sides always see an increase in crowds, everyone knows that.  What we need is that mentality we had after Moore's exit and fire sale. Leaving the fans and Dowie over achieving with lesser players. Those players left absolutely nothing on the pitch and fans never stopped supplying support from the terraces.

Out of those who have choose to not renew, some will never come back after finding other things to do that become their normal. Some will have a change of heart and return and we will pick up some new fans who arrive with mates. 

A winning side even at this level will increase the crowd. The big question is,  will Frank fund it to that point without the oldham folk backing him?

17 minutes ago, Lags said:

The big question is,  will Frank fund it to that point without the oldham folk backing him?

If fans aren’t turning up in sufficient numbers then there isn’t much point, however I don’t think we’re at that stage just yet.

If Frank backs MM, (and I think he will) to get the players in who he wants then with no FFP rules in the National League we have a chance to build a side capable of taking us up two divisions in quick succession. 

We can’t afford any more mistakes with recruitment and next season is probably going to be a massive indicator as to the direction we’re heading over the next few years.

Another season like the last two and things might change somewhat.

It’s all on MM and I just hope he’s the right choice!

23 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

If fans aren’t turning up in sufficient numbers then there isn’t much point, however I don’t think we’re at that stage just yet.

If Frank backs MM, (and I think he will) to get the players in who he wants then with no FFP rules in the National League we have a chance to build a side capable of taking us up two divisions in quick succession. 

We can’t afford any more mistakes with recruitment and next season is probably going to be a massive indicator as to the direction we’re heading over the next few years.

Another season like the last two and things might change somewhat.

It’s all on MM and I just hope he’s the right choice!

Or mistakes from the manager!

Mellon has a big job to prove himself capable of getting shot of the chaff, and transforming what are in my view a number of decent players who should be easily good enough to challenge in this league, from an average side to one capable of challenging at the top of the league from day one.

Recruitment is on him and him alone.

We can see what we need so I bloody hope he can, as he clearly didn't see it in January last season.