I know a lot got cheap tickets last time round for the train.

Just checked this time and can't seem to get one as cheap as I'd like. Checked the singles option too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or was it an offer last time?

I have noted that United go to Arsenal that day too but I'm thinking that will be changed to a Sunday game if it hasn't already. Surely all the cheap ones cannot have been snapped up?!

Cheers for any replies and help.

I wouldn't have thought that Man u fans would have bought tickets yet. Must be bad being a premiership fan you can never paln that far ahead... they are usually released this far ahead so they may not have issued them yet. So keep looking!!

Leyton away my fav for traveling ... can see the lights as I write this.

Guest sheridans_world
I wouldn't have thought that Man u fans would have bought tickets yet. Must be bad being a premiership fan you can never paln that far ahead... they are usually released this far ahead so they may not have issued them yet. So keep looking!!

Leyton away my fav for traveling ... can see the lights as I write this.

Why would united fans need to buy tickets to london....?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amoweb

Still no cheap tickets for Orient!!!!!!

Would have thought they would be open for sale by now. I am beginning to wonder if they will ever appear, as that weekend is still in the school holiday period.

Still no cheap tickets for Orient!!!!!!

Would have thought they would be open for sale by now. I am beginning to wonder if they will ever appear, as that weekend is still in the school holiday period.

The cheap tickets tend to come out around 6-7 weeks prior to the date. If you look for the fares at the start of Oct, you can currently get them for about £25 return. Best bet is to be patient and have a try mid oct.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

• 1 month later...
If it takes that long then it really is worth looking a the Megabus, it might be quicker.

£6 each it was a few weeks back. £7 or there abouts on the tubes. Grand total of about £13 travel money

Only problem is getting to Manc Land for 6am, which costs more than the above normally. Though if you want to be a cheapskate. Daysaver from any Northern Town on the Nightbusses that run till 3am and then a "kip" in the station where the bus arrives or find an all night Cafe and drink the one brew for hours. :grin:

In London for half 10. 11ish and ordering your first pint in Victoria Station barely 5/10 minute's later.

Latest pricing and times:

Manc to Euston...

07.55-11.09

08.42-11.40 both direct.

Euston to Manc.....

19.04-23.50 change at Northampton,bus to Birmingham train to manc

18.33-22.47 as above

Currently £59.50 return

MEGABUS..

06.30 Chorlton street 11.00 Victoria

18.30 Victoria 22.55 Chorlton street

Currently £16 (£8 each way)...

Latest pricing and times:

Manc to Euston...

07.55-11.09

08.42-11.40 both direct.

Euston to Manc.....

19.04-23.50 change at Northampton,bus to Birmingham train to manc

18.33-22.47 as above

Currently £59.50 return

MEGABUS..

06.30 Chorlton street 11.00 Victoria

18.30 Victoria 22.55 Chorlton street

Currently £16 (£8 each way)...

just booked my seat on the megabus,like rocky said it's a bit of a mare getting into manchester for 6ish.ktf.

I'm trying to buy train tickets, but it's very annoying because I've looked on National Rail website and theres a train that leaves Manchester at 09:57, gets in Leeds at 10:52 and leaves for London at 11.05. But The Trainline where you buy the ticket is failing to recognise this service

I'm trying to buy train tickets, but it's very annoying because I've looked on National Rail website and theres a train that leaves Manchester at 09:57, gets in Leeds at 10:52 and leaves for London at 11.05. But The Trainline where you buy the ticket is failing to recognise this service

Well why not get the 7.43 Virgin Trains Direct to Euston service.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be down early eve friday to prepare for the allday session that will be sat!

Not out on the town on the fri but prob catch a couple of swifties to line the stomach!

I presume both before and after the game we will be in the same pub as last year and I have not heard any different off mark.

Prob do the same as last year and move on into town after a couple of hours in said pub.

Just hope that the atmos and banter in that pub is similar to last year as we had a great crack!

Keepin that champagne on ice!

so is the plan for the same pub as last season?

hope mark has the ok!

anyone staying friday and/or saturday night?

we had a brilliant crack with the locals last march....in fact i "remember" falling out of that pub about 11pm !!! :drinking45::drinking45::drinking45:

going down Fri PM if anyone wants a lift - staying in Bromley Fri night but can drop someone at a tube etc - might come back Saturday after the game or stay over somewhere Sat night if a session is going on!

What's the pub Mark?

going down Fri PM if anyone wants a lift - staying in Bromley Fri night but can drop someone at a tube etc - might come back Saturday after the game or stay over somewhere Sat night if a session is going on!

What's the pub Mark?

Twill be this one - it was rammed with Latics last season, the locals were a very friendly bunch as well. I'm thinking of getting down there early doors to catch the Red Soxx - Arrogant Continentals match, dependant on how much beer comes my way the night before. It will be a long day with the Calzaghe fight at 1 in the morning.