OWTB Pub Crawl

Sheridan's World and myself have been chatting about the next possible OWTB get-together doodah.

One suggestion was to do a pub crawl from Royton to Thornham.

:drinking::dance::drinking45::drinking66::icon_peace:

Thinking of all the possible pubs on the route, and there are quite a few!......

Greyhound

Clayton Green

White Hart

Carters

Railway

Marston

Travellers

Junction

Puckersley

Turk's Head

Halfway House

Summit

Pleasant

And probably a million more I have missed out (but we will have to limit it anyway).

One thing is that there are obviously a lot, and so doing it post-match one day may be a bit much. So how about August Bank Holiday Sunday? We could start around lunch time - weather pending, it could be a nice day for the walking in between - think of the calories you'll burn off! :bblue2::grin:

Thoughts please? Think me and SW may be doing it anyway, but the more OWTB members, the merrier! Would be good if any of the mods / admin wanted to come along too!

:drinking::drinking45::drinking66:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice and tidy so it fits in so that you can stagger home. The Pair of ya! :shock:

Would you be heading home in a taxi after the Clayton Green, Claire :peepwall:

Sambuca! :drinking66:

I'll have you know it was SW who wanted to leave town that time! I can drink!*

* not sambuca though :wink:

Oi, you lot!

Back on topic! :angry:

Anyone interested?

It depends when it is (I know it says bank holiday sunday) and fund's.

I think you'd need to cut the amount of pubs down a bit.

The Puckersley is hardly a pub you can go for a booze with a fair few people. It's more of a food pub.

It depends when it is (I know it says bank holiday sunday) and fund's.

I think you'd need to cut the amount of pubs down a bit.

The Puckersley is hardly a pub you can go for a booze with a fair few people. It's more of a food pub.

They're just possibilities - it's just the pub crawl that is the idea - actual pubs / rules or themes etc are open to suggestion. I just wanna know whether to sort that stuff out or not - which I will only do if people are interested!

It's the day after the OWTB vs OASIS match (Bristol Rovers at home), so I thought some of the exiles may be about as well! So it's 26th August - and a Bank Holiday, meaning we can start earlier, and not have work the next day (apologies to those who do)!

They're just possibilities - it's just the pub crawl that is the idea - actual pubs / rules or themes etc are open to suggestion. I just wanna know whether to sort that stuff out or not - which I will only do if people are interested!

It's the day after the OWTB vs OASIS match (Bristol Rovers at home), so I thought some of the exiles may be about as well! So it's 26th August - and a Bank Holiday, meaning we can start earlier, and not have work the next day (apologies to those who do)!

Should have just done the High Crompton beer walk!

Thank you for that constructive comment. I'm working on my time machine as we speak.

LOL! sorry, that was really aimed at Chickers, who ended up not going to this years Beer Walk type effort.

I'd be up for that pub crawl but definitley reduce the amount of pubs! For us lightweights.

Edited by Butter

LOL! sorry, that was really aimed at Chickers, who ended up not going to this years Beer Walk type effort.

I'd be up for that pub crawl but definitley reduce the amount of pubs! For us lightweights.

He was the one who kept telling me I was gay for not going to the Shaw thing. I had to babysit my 3 nephews!

As I say, the number of pubs is negotiable!

He was the one who kept telling me I was gay for not going to the Shaw thing. I had to babysit my 3 nephews!

As I say, the number of pubs is negotiable!

Thats a poor excuse, the high crompton beer walk is usually good fun (weather permitting), there's usually a few kids in the pubs so you could take the nephews with you. And when you cant stand anymore, between the 3 of them they could carry you home and save you money on a taxi!!! :grin: