Crossley or Pogs?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who to keep goal next Game?

• Crossley
    • Pogs
    • Chaddy The Owl
    • Gordon Lawton

Which one do you think will come first? LOL

I know its still early days but from watching the preseason games it was clear to see for anybody watching that we would concede goals from crosses because Crossley wont come off his line.

(Andy Gorham 2nd Time round?? )

We are to slow in defence and this coupled with Crossley’s addiction to the white line its too easy for players to get round the back and be clear on goal.

We are relying too much on the long ball all the time making players like Eardley hoof the ball every time he gets it. (Scott Mcniven Long diagonal ball, Ronnie Moore type Tactics)

The style of play isn’t helping Players like C Taylor either as everything’s going to Davies via long ball and the wing is practically unused. 9.9 times out of ten the ball ends up coming straight back at us.

The tactics are completely Naive and we are just not leading from the back. Crossley should retire and go direct Traffic after all he's only good at pointing! And in this team that’s Grandad Greegans Job!

Sort it John.

:angry:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CROSSLEY

I watched the friendly against Stoke the other night and pogs didn’t seem injured at all.

I know we lost 3-1 but again the defence let him down and pogs pulled off some world class saves and came out for crosses!

I am just so despondent with the fact that on paper we have a strong side, we are just not playing the style of football to go along with their strengths, its school boy tactics at the moment, " I know Davies is fast, lets boot it in space and then he can run after it sir"

Its just not cricket and I expect better from Sheridan.

Shocking defeat today, but, without reading a match report, I can't comment on gameplan, performances, etc. I was not happy with the signing of Crossley and would not be upset if he was dispensed with.

Davies seems to be a good signing, it just seems that we have a lot of injuries again and the team is now unsettled. Hughes should not have been used from the off today, he can't be anywhere near fit enough. Why wasn't Wolfenden used in Ricketts' absence?

Not overly concerned as there is a long, long way to go, but I don't expect promotion. I don't think that will come until we have a settled squad for more than one season and Shez has more experience under his belt.

Edit -

*Who the hell voted for Chaddy and Lawton to keep goal??? Doesn't say much for Pogliacomi, does it?*

Edited by murrayzmint

lets all vote in a poll where the instigator cant even spell the managers name correctly!!

what are you 12?

Lol

Sorry your momentarily bout of excitement at the fact I may be twelve years of age must come to end. lol

I am in deed twenty-four years old, and made a spelling mistake as I had a trembling hand while overcome with rage and determination as I attempted in vain to take the title of key board warrior extraordinaire and master spell checker off yourself.

All hail King chickers Master of the English DICtionary!

LMAO

Lol

Sorry your momentarily bout of excitement at the fact I may be twelve years of age must come to end. lol

I am in deed twenty-four years old, and made a spelling mistake as I had a trembling hand while overcome with rage and determination as I attempted in vain to take the title of key board warrior extraordinaire and master spell checker off yourself.

LMAO

FFS, 1 heavy defeat to a team that will be hard to beat at their own ground this season, and your calling for Shez's head! Get off his back and support the team, its a minor setback (forget the Burnley result) and we have lost 3 league games in a row, 2 of those by the narrowest of margins before today. From the snippets I heard we were outclassed & outplayed by Hartlepool.

lets all vote in a poll where the instigator cant even spell the managers name correctly!!

what are you 12?

I have to say that after such a drivel of a post, especially as you have no evidence of the goals being crossleys fault, couples with quotes like

"Its just not cricket and I expect better from Sheridan."

There is no wonder why Chickers came to such a conclusion! Comment yes by all means, but ffs, make it constructive!! :disappointed:

Edited by futchers briefs

Lol

LMAO

erm well done i think

I have to say that after such a drivel of a post, especially as you have no evidence of the goals being crossleys fault, couples with quotes like

"Its just not cricket and I expect better from Sheridan."

There is no wonder why Chickers came to such a conclusion! Comment yes by all means, but ffs, make it constructive!! :disappointed:

None of them were his fault from my view.

Still don't like the way he stops on his line though.

Chaddy.... sholud be given a chance in the paint pot cup!!!

P1010433.jpg

Not sure what the answer is to this one though .... maybe Crossley in his coaching capacity can iron out the faults we all know about with Pogs and getting playing will confidence.

P.S King chickers Master of the English DICtionary! ... are you a big DICtionary or is it a small DICtionary! tut tut Kyle lol

None of them were his fault from my view.

Still don't like the way he stops on his line though.

How to win Friends & influence people chapter 3.

Bloody hell I think some people need to look up the word forum.

I wasn’t calling for Sheridan’s head the title of this post is sarcastic at best.

The question mark at the end of the title classifies this post as……….

You guessed it a question.

For people to reply to me saying I want Sheridan’s head is ludicrous.

If I was of that persuasion and wanted him out I would have posted a statement not a question.

As for Crossley watch the goal highlights and check out his positioning.

Another point, you don’t need to see today’s Game plan as it was the same one we have implemented in all the games so far.

Crossley and Thompson are poor without doubt and at fault.

That’s the last time I am replying to any comments regarding the wording or structure of this post, if you cant understand the points being made in my post that’s not my fault.

I am not asking people to take my word as gospel its just my opinion and if that’s too comprehensive for you and you feel the need to comment on my age or acumen then fine but if the latter is the case your opinion wont really be relevant to me as I am here to discuss football.

People dismiss what they don’t understand.

Chickers, No hard feelings.

The rest if you don’t understand what I have posted read it again before making rash judgements or letting your keyboard skills advertise the poverty of your brain.

Sheridan’s Blue & White ARMY!!!!

P.S

Keep the Faith lol.

i've always really liked Pogliacomi ... i say give him chance.

though, i didnt go today, i havent been impressed by corssley yet, i dont feel safe when the opposition are on the attack, and even though i didnt feel this with pogs, i personaly feel he will be the better choice for us

I know Pogs has had his fair share of mistakes in the past but I think he will do better for us than crossley.

If you were an attacker going for the ball in the air in the six-yard box or just outside, chances are any decent keeper would take you and the ball out.

Crossley doesn’t bring that sort of presence in our area and any player attacking us will soon build in confidence knowing that they are not going to be challenged when they go up for a cross.

Also its awful playing as a central defender knowing your keeper is not going to rush out and come to your aid when you make a mistake, which inevitably will happen.

Again my opinion.

Pogs was th keeper most of last season and we finished 6th!! mid way through last season we would have been able to defend one - nils away from home, but lets not forget this is a new team.

IMO none of the goals where his fault today..

Although i really like Gregan i will say that he and his back 4 were garbage today, were to slow and flat at the back - that was the problem today.

Not to disheartened by todays performance, somebody is going to get a good pasting once we get ourselves sorted.

Talking of pastings I was furious with the little group of kids in the top right corner of the away stand, what was the need to start chanting "were so :censored: it's unbeliveable" and all the rest of the crap they were chanting. Muppets the lot of them, none of them could have been over 16 and most where bladdered.

I spoke to Les before he started his warm up, and didnt sound very upbeat he sounded really down in the dumps. He did say that he feels 100% and his knee is fine.

KTF in Shez and Crossley

I would feel down if I was putting in the performances in reserves and crossley was still keeping me out of the team with the dismal displays we’ve seen off him so far.

I know it’s not great swapping goalkeepers but this surely needs to happen and is just the result of players fighting for positions and player form.

Sheridan said he actively encourages competition for places and rightly so, now it’s just a case of him following that up with action and dropping Crossley

(No pun intended).

I'm not subscribing to no witch-hunt or anything like that, but, I do think Pogs should be recalled. The three games I've seen from Crossley haven't made me think he's owt special. May I also add in Pogs I feel we have the best keeper in the league, and yes I am a Pogs fan.

first and foremost we need to look at the defence!!

Bertrand is no defender and was at fault forthe first -

thompson is not up to the job - he was at fault for the second,

personally have no probs in Lomax and trotman starting tues night

As for crossley - he was not stuck to his line as people say and came off his line more than people are claiming and if pogs was in goal which i would also support it would not have been any better .

b4 having a go at crossley look at the defence

I'm not subscribing to no witch-hunt or anything like that, but, I do think Pogs should be recalled. The three games I've seen from Crossley haven't made me think he's owt special. May I also add in Pogs I feel we have the best keeper in the league, and yes I am a Pogs fan.

best keeper in the league? dont think so pal. pogs makes too many mistakes to be the best keeper in the league, however on his day he is amazin but he doesnt no how to command his area, id say the best penalty saver in the league tho.

the defence are shockin and it needs to change, we all no how gregan can play and it does my headin when he plays the way he has done recently and because hes makin stupid decisions its makin the other defenders look bad and play bad.

sheridan is a fantastic manager and if people call for his head theyre stupid, its times like this i feel bad for bein an oldham fan its stupid, sheridan should and hopefully will be with us for many years.

lets face facts were a small club with no ambition and the fans are too ambitious.

if u look at our squad its too small and not good enough although on our day we could be quality once again injuries and stupid mistakes will ruin our season.

last season it took a few games to get goin and it will be the same again this season, the only thing is we won the 1st game and our stupid ambitious fans started sayin we will go up.

i think the 1st home game was 7,000 then we go to carlisle and lose go back for another home game and its dropped to 5600 or maybe abit more, and then people wonder why nobody wants to invest good money in us.

ffs get behind the team and gaffer they need us when theyre losin more than when were winnin.

Didn't hear the 1st few mins of the LW commentary but someome in the chatroom during the game wrote that one of the commentators said Pogs's op was not 100% succesful and he will never be fully fit.

No wonder he was down, how can he keep goal week in week out if he is worryied about landing on his knee and doing more damage.

If this is true hie career is over!

blu

Crossley doesn't fill me with confidence, but then neither do the slow noobs at the back and a left winger playing at left back.

Someone made a point on the coach today.. since 1997 Crossley has played I think he said 36 times.. so going off that Pogs will get his chance soon enough.