Atmosphere last night

The atmosphere was really good last night i think. Alot of us in the Chaddy end sang through the entirer match and i know a group in the far end of the new start stand spent alot of time singing at the leeds fans who i dont think were anything speacial to say there were so many of them.

The Lashers were louder without a doubt.

We were louder against Swansea, but I suppose that was a much better game.

Blackpool were more impressive agreed.

Overall I thought there was a good atmosphere, and the home support was good. If we'd scored the roof would have been lifted. In NSM Upper it was good to see more general encouragement, applause etc. It's not always songs and chants that contribute to the atmosphere.

Listened to Radio Leeds on way back. Different planet - "Oldham a poor team", " An uniteresting game" "Only in the last 15 mins did either set of supporters make any noise" "At least half the crowd was from Leeds".

Didnt really think the atmosphere from either side was much meself ... first 10 mins we were loud but then it died down until a 5-10 period in the second half....i thought anyways.

Didn't help that the only people regularly singing were the usual crew to the right of the goal. The rest of the Chaddy End sat there like it was a morgue for much of the game.

As OAFC0000 says - same old same old.

Didn't help that the only people regularly singing were the usual crew to the right of the goal. The rest of the Chaddy End sat there like it was a morgue for much of the game.

As OAFC0000 says - same old same old.

Aye i know, much prefer watching away games ... cannot wait for the news year day game .. well show em an atmosphere.

The atmosphere in the Chaddy was much improved last night. Even before the kick-off there was a willingness to make noise and create a 'cup-tie' atmosphere.

Nobody has mentioned the drummer. I thought he did OK last night. He didn't detract from the singing and he started some of the chants. Sometimes those who considered that he'd stopped too soon carried on regardless. There were more singers spread across a wider area of the Chaddy and it was good to see fans in the NSM Lower and Upper sections joining in with the clapping/chanting of "Sheridan's Blue & White Army".

The big Flags added to the sense of occasion, but the way that they are passed overhead is woeful! Unless they are stretched tight, their messages can't be read, and they defeat their purpose.

I heard much less moaning about individual players and there was more of a sense of encouragement, which has been lacking so far this season.

The singing went quiet midway through the second half - the RRE was quiet too then - as the tension seemed to stifle voices.

I was fully expecting a standing ovation to be given to the team at the end of the match for a well-earned point. Then the goal went in and I was very disappointed that so many refused to applaud that performance, which I think was better than in some of the games we've won this season.

Not quite 'different class' from the crowd but a commendable performance, and one which has set the benchmark for the rest of the season. Well done all those who contributed and let's keep it up! :zigga::OWTB1::bluearmy::comeon::chubb:

The atmosphere in the Chaddy was much improved last night. Even before the kick-off there was a willingness to make noise and create a 'cup-tie' atmosphere.

Nobody has mentioned the drummer. I thought he did OK last night. He didn't detract from the singing and he started some of the chants. Sometimes those who considered that he'd stopped too soon carried on regardless. There were more singers spread across a wider area of the Chaddy and it was good to see fans in the NSM Lower and Upper sections joining in with the clapping/chanting of "Sheridan's Blue & White Army".

The big Flags added to the sense of occasion, but the way that they are passed overhead is woeful! Unless they are stretched tight, their messages can't be read, and they defeat their purpose.

I heard much less moaning about individual players and there was more of a sense of encouragement, which has been lacking so far this season.

The singing went quiet midway through the second half - the RRE was quiet too then - as the tension seemed to stifle voices.

I was fully expecting a standing ovation to be given to the team at the end of the match for a well-earned point. Then the goal went in and I was very disappointed that so many refused to applaud that performance, which I think was better than in some of the games we've won this season.

Not quite 'different class' from the crowd but a commendable performance, and one which has set the benchmark for the rest of the season. Well done all those who contributed and let's keep it up! :zigga::OWTB1::bluearmy::comeon::chubb:

You forgot to add what we talked about at half-time DS! I reckon the roof in the RRE must've kept the songs the 3,700 Leeds fans were singing in the RRE last night! Barely heard them :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

You forgot to add what we talked about at half-time DS! I reckon the roof in the RRE must've kept the songs the 3,700 Leeds fans were singing in the RRE last night! Barely heard them :grin:

I didn't mention it as I didn't want to gloat! :wink:

Not only was the BP 'curse' lifted off Leeds, but also the 'louder RRE' myth was also exposed. So please :pray: let's not keep going on about it.

Guest oa_exile
Oh no, no, no, no!!! Get lost Exile! :grin: Chaddy Enders have been getting the bile for years....we've only just began pressing home last nights expose!!! :wink:

lol :grin: , well i know that you are one of the better singers :dance: .......... :laught30:

BB80

:shakeit:

lol :grin: , well i know that you are one of the better singers :dance: .......... :laught30:

BB80

:shakeit:

Lol....yeah, yeah....funny! :grin:

Seriously though, tell ya what...few, if anyone sang more than I did last night! OAFCMetty will testify to that if he's about :wink: Sit near the drum and when he stopped, then the chanting quietened, I just thought sod it....kept singing right till I was singing on my own. You would've thought they'd carry on to drown my voice out! :grin: Bloody sore throat now.....and for :censored: all....oh well :disappointed:

Edited by oa_exile

Lol....yeah, yeah....funny! :grin:

Seriously though, tell ya what...few, if anyone sang more than I did last night! OAFCMetty will testify to that if he's about :wink: Sit near the drum and when he stopped, then the chanting quietened, I just thought sod it....kept singing right till I was singing on my own. You would've thought they'd carry on to drown my voice out! :grin: Bloody sore throat now.....and for :censored: all....oh well :disappointed:

It wasn't for :censored: all" though - disappointing that OUR team didn't win, but you have the satisfaction of knowing that you did YOUR best. You're not asking yourself could you have done anymore for the cause? If the players did THEIR best, we can't ask for any more.

Maybe next time the fans and players will get the result we all want and our respective performances deserve.

It wasn't for "f*** all" though - disappointing that OUR team didn't win, but you have the satisfaction of knowing that you did YOUR best. You're not asking yourself could you have done anymore for the cause? If the players did THEIR best, we can't ask for any more.

Maybe next time the fans and players will get the result we all want and our respective performances deserve.

Aye...wasn't for nothing I suppose. Just a bit disappointed at the moment. Anyhow...we move on...roll on Saturday!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'm posting this under the 'atmosphere' thread as it certainly made the Chaddy Enders laugh in unison. I don't think anyone has mentioned it so far.

The tape in Mark Crossley's shorts had come undone, so he came over to ask a bloke walking across the front of the Chaddy to re-tie the tape to avoid making an :ass3: of himself. Brilliant! :help::grin:

I'm posting this under the 'atmosphere' thread as it certainly made the Chaddy Enders laugh in unison. I don't think anyone has mentioned it so far.

The tape in Mark Crossley's shorts had come undone, so he came over to ask a bloke walking across the front of the Chaddy to re-tie the tape to avoid making an :ass3: of himself. Brilliant! :help::grin:

OOOHHH, is THAT what that guy was doing with his head near to Crossleys groin. Had me thinking for a minute!!!!

My brother phoned me at quater to 8 from inside the Chaddy on Tuesday night. He left a voicemail and it did sound extremely loud, though you could only really here a whimper from our side.

Chant of the night.

Leeds - "your support is :censored: kin :censored:

Paddock - "Your support is shaggin sheep"

They didnt like that one. :grin: