Last one to post wins

singe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so another day draws to its quiet close. Lights are going off all over Oldham. The whippets are kenneled for the night, the wife puts her curlers in, and I drink my Ovaltine dreaming of future success for Latics.

Good night and God bless to all.

:daisy:

Guest gillianfn

Morning all. You can relax - I'm back - we will start winning again now. :) I've already been told it's my fault for the poor run.

France was fabulous - my girl is loving it now.

Well Jet has gone out for her sleepover, Exile has gone off to take a cold shower, Rummy is celebrating his success with the chatroom, and it's time I prepared a sermon for the morrow.

So night, night and God bless to you all.

:sunny:

Yes I know I'm a twt, but just have a ikkle look at this please:-

Linky thing

Well done to your lad G.

Anyway whilst there is a religious air of sorts on here. Does anybody else know of anybody who says "high, low, jack, game" when they see somebody crossing themselves. Like when a players coming on the pitch and they touch the ground and make the sign of the cross. Me late Father in Law always used to say it, whenever he saw anybody do it, "ay up high, low, jack, game" and I've never heard anybody else say it.

Can't say i've ever heard that Mr S.

Went to Morrisons yesterday,had a special offer on Stagg chilli 2 for 2 quid.

Nob 'ed here went for the dynamite one,had it on a jacket spud a little while ago and i am now living in fear of my life should i go for a crap.I'm sure flames will shoot out my ass,man was that hot :o

Just thought i'd share that with you for no reason whatsoever :P

Guest oa_exile
Nob 'ed here went for the dynamite one,had it on a jacket spud a little while ago and i am now living in fear of my life should i go for a crap.I'm sure flames will shoot out my ass,man was that hot

..............................................:sweatdrop: :unsure::toilet::wacko::ass1::sign0068::surrender:

I can picture it now .....................:thinking2:

Better get that loo roll in the freezer while you have the chance IM

I still have two tins of the stuff left.I'm thinkin' of savin' them and giving them to the local church for harvest festival for the old dears. :devil: :unsure:

That should keep them regular,won't be needing prunes then. :lol:

Can't say i've ever heard that Mr S.

Went to Morrisons yesterday,had a special offer on Stagg chilli 2 for 2 quid.

Not a great lover of chilli meself, in point of fact no a lover at all, but her indoors likes that particular brand although has never been brave enough to try the dynamite one.

Oh and no offence to anybody re the crossing thingy, never ben able to figure it!

Guest gillianfn
Not a great lover of chilli meself, in point of fact no a lover at all, but her indoors likes that particular brand although has never been brave enough to try the dynamite one.

Oh and no offence to anybody re the crossing thingy, never ben able to figure it!

I don't get the cross thing either Andrew, probably just a load of old cobblers.

Tinned food eh lads? Read the tin, if you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't be putting it in your gobs. :lol:

Edited by gillianfn

Guest gillianfn
Is that why slang names for willies are easy to pronounce? :rolleyes:

Yes, it could be - but I'm guessing you wouldn't be putting one in yours? :chew:

Changing the subject totally. Jusr heard the sad news about John Inman, however they played a clip from AYBS, he's trying to explain over the phone to a customer how to measure himself for new trousers, you can't hear the customer. It goes something like, "now grip it between your thumb and forefinger" esasperated sigh "no the tape measure sir". Well it made me laugh anyway.

Changing the subject totally. Jusr heard the sad news about John Inman, however they played a clip from AYBS, he's trying to explain over the phone to a customer how to measure himself for new trousers, you can't hear the customer. It goes something like, "now grip it between your thumb and forefinger" esasperated sigh "no the tape measure sir". Well it made me laugh anyway.

Drives me mad that nudge nudge,wink wink comedy Stipey it's just soooooooooooooo unimaginative and a cheap laugh.Still whatever floats yer boat like ;)

While we are on comedy can i just say(in my opinion in case he happens to be reading this post,wouldn't want him sueing Rummy and co)Ben Elton is a cuddly teddy bear,just thought i'd share that thought.Bet it comes out as Ben Elton is a coconut or summat with the sweary filter.

Mind,stranger things have happened what wi' this six degrees of separation or whatever it is.

I post this,it gets read by someone who happens to be on holiday in Rhyl where they bump into Catherine Zeta Jones and the Douglas.They hotfoot it back to Beverley Hills where they go to a dinner party thrown by Elizabeth Taylor and recount the story who in turn the following day mentions it to Tom Cruise at lunch and that loudmouth tells the Beckhams.They are meeting Elton John for cocktails and he's writing the score for Ben Eltons new opus and before you know it i'm in court. :o

Edit:A bloody teddy bear,harumph!

Edited by inspectormorose

But IM you cannae beat a cheap laff, and they don't come much cheaper than AYBS :)

Ben Elton is, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm how can I get around the MB police, the full "see you next tuesday" and no mistook.

Mind I saw him years ago when he was funny, he was a "surprise" guest with the "Dangerous Brothers", did a half hour set where I swear he didn't break for breath, but very funny (this was before books, musicals etc etc).

Edited by StipeTripe

Bit of bumpage while I try out some of these new-fangled smilies.....

:shakeit::who::pokeuu::youroff::aplayer1::comeon::OWTB1::dance::goggle::headbang::whoosh::wedgie::ohno::clown::redcard:

I do like the dancey one :dance: - reminiscent of me at salsacise on Tuesday :D

I'm likin' the wedgy,made me laugh that did.Nephew who used to lodge works as a stonemason and was the youngest in the yard for a while and therefore ripe for sport.Fav trick was giving him the wedgy when they were out and about clubbing but these are strong blokes workin' wi stone all day,he used to come home commando because a wedgy had turned into a ripped right off :blink::sign0068::grin: