Crowd goading

We were told by the Club that every single player supported fully the decision to sign Gregan following his loan spell.

Probably totally true, who really knows ?

At the end of the day this is now in the past.

As I've said I'm not one for all this "I heard" stuff but personally knowing this chap has strong links with the club I think there may be something in it?

Forward.

Goading other players is fine in my book. Its part of football and the atmosphere... Some people point out instances were players have tried harder because of it but there are other instances were players have been wound up and put off by it as well.....its all part and parcel of football.

As for booing ex players....there are very few ex-players who deserve this....

Edited by oafc0000

Goading other players is fine in my book. Its part of football and the atmosphere... Some people point out instances were players have tried harder because of it but there are other instances were players have been wound up and put off by it as well.....its all part and parcel of football.

As for booing ex players....there are very few ex-players who deserve this....

Lived in Blackburn for a while in the 80s and went with my mates to some Rovers games.

Think the Rovers fans gave David Speedie stick themselves just to get him going.

Lived in Blackburn for a while in the 80s and went with my mates to some Rovers games.

Think the Rovers fans gave David Speedie stick themselves just to get him going.

I've posted before, but I once randomly met Andy Barlow's nephew, he told me that him and his dad loved going to see him whenever they could (they lived in Reading) and give him dog's abuse for 90 minutes.

not just that reason, no.

he wanted to play in scotland, he wants to play for scotland, he was offered a good signing on fee.

but it was a more than a minor factor

Don't know where you get your info but you're very anti-Haining and seem to have poor facts for this. Haining was offered a lesser contract than he was on before! The tactic used on Branston the season before....and Edwards and Rocastle this time....offer them less, so they won't accept and they'll leave. Haining was desperate to stay at the club and didn't want to play in Scotland at all. That's why less than a year earlier he bought a new house down here. Also with a new baby on the way he couldn't afford to accept the :censored: we offered him. And you wouldn't either so give the lad a :censored:ing break!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Doubt that ll happen on current latics performance unless in the fa cup but if we started giving him grief that get would proabbly score a hatric past us

i have heard similar in the past regarding players.

if the club doesnt want them for whatever reason they do offer them less,leaving them no option but to leave.

the only exception to that was david eyres.

i also heard haining wanted to play for scotland,and at some point wanted to play in the spl for a top team,but to leave just because a better player came in and threatened his captancy is pathetic.

it should of spurred the lad on to want to prove he was the right candidate.

but at the end of the day i still wouldnt boo him just because he left.

neither would i boo irwin for going to united or barrett for going to villa,or fitz hall or anybody else for that matter.

yes goading and winding up players is part and parcel of the game,but you have to draw a line sometimes.

i said this on sat'day...... always remember a whole end of latics fans givin jon newby(cause he wouldnt sign for us?) a load of grief at bury one time...

well you can imagine what happened next....good job we had some weird argentinian in the team to make amends !!

The Argentinian was "The Inspector", Christian Colluso. He also hit the bar in this game then popped up to score in the last minute, much to the delight of the travelling latics fans. Must be about 5/6 years ago now.

Don't know where you get your info but you're very anti-Haining and seem to have poor facts for this. Haining was offered a lesser contract than he was on before! The tactic used on Branston the season before....and Edwards and Rocastle this time....offer them less, so they won't accept and they'll leave. Haining was desperate to stay at the club and didn't want to play in Scotland at all. That's why less than a year earlier he bought a new house down here. Also with a new baby on the way he couldn't afford to accept the :censored: we offered him. And you wouldn't either so give the lad a :censored:ing break!

the lower amount had bonuses related to appearances due to his injuries and worked out more if he was fit and playing, haining believed that this was unacceptable especially he could see a certain new player on much more and believed that this was why his basic rate was so low. you can not tell me anything i do not know about this incident. i am not anti-haining but i am bitter. you may note that one of my earliest posts states that if greegs wasnt here then haining probably would still be and came out in my lazy greegs outbursts and you do know where i get my info cos i have stated it. catch up :censored:.

Poor facts?

Rocastle had a year left on a two year contract when we allowed him to leave. How could we offer him less money?

Didn't hear any booing of Haining. Most wish him well/. Can imagine playing in Scotland working well for him and would not be surprised if he got a better move and a place in international squad

Poor facts?

Rocastle had a year left on a two year contract when we allowed him to leave. How could we offer him less money?

Didn't hear any booing of Haining. Most wish him well/. Can imagine playing in Scotland working well for him and would not be surprised if he got a better move and a place in international squad

True, fair comment on Rocastle....was thinking as they both went to Vale that the same was done on Rocky as it was to Eddy. You go the point I was making in relation to Haining though :wink:

the lower amount had bonuses related to appearances due to his injuries and worked out more if he was fit and playing, haining believed that this was unacceptable especially he could see a certain new player on much more and believed that this was why his basic rate was so low. you can not tell me anything i do not know about this incident. i am not anti-haining but i am bitter. you may note that one of my earliest posts states that if greegs wasnt here then haining probably would still be and came out in my lazy greegs outbursts and you do know where i get my info cos i have stated it. catch up :censored:.

"Catch up :censored:"??? My....well thankyou....how pleasant! And for the record, I haven't taken note where you get your info nor give a flying :censored:....and I'd rather trust my own info thanks! And not listen to a turd like you! (see I can do insults too!)

And funnily enough....erm....so we agree.....Haining was given a lower amount. Thankyou, I was right.....Then you wish to add in the appearance related bonuses etc etc etc. With new mortgage and baby on the way and his injury record, he couldn't afford to accept it incase he became injured. As I've said already....and you wouldn't either! He took a more SECURE deal for him and his family. Too hard to grasp?

As for " greegs wasnt here then haining probably would still be "....that is complete utter conjecture thus rendering it completely irrelevant!

Next....

Edited by boundaryblue80

"Catch up :censored:"??? My....well thankyou....how pleasant! And for the record, I haven't taken note where you get your info nor give a flying :censored:....and I'd rather trust my own info thanks! And not listen to a turd like you! (see I can do insults too!)

And funnily enough....erm....so we agree.....Haining was given a lower amount. Thankyou, I was right.....Then you wish to add in the appearance related bonuses etc etc etc. With new mortgage and baby on the way and his injury record, he couldn't afford to accept it incase he became injured. As I've said already....and you wouldn't either! He took a more SECURE deal for him and his family. Too hard to grasp?

As for " greegs wasnt here then haining probably would still be "....that is complete utter conjecture thus rendering it completely irrelevant!

Next....

next? lol. last time ill reply to you as you seem unable to accept that other people know people and stuff which you dont, unlucky mate maybe when you get older you may get wiser and your friends may be in higher places. remember we are on a wage cap? well, the reason hainins wages were lower was the money was taken elsewhere by a newcomer who was old and not worth the amount given. now i know how a lower set school teacher feels! talk about short sighted councillors, yes maybe i tried to save time by not typing about wage caps and shifted base rates and bonuses and players personal feelings but most people grasped it why the smeg am i still typing

next? lol. last time ill reply to you as you seem unable to accept that other people know people and stuff which you dont, unlucky mate maybe when you get older you may get wiser and your friends may be in higher places. remember we are on a wage cap? well, the reason hainins wages were lower was the money was taken elsewhere by a newcomer who was old and not worth the amount given. now i know how a lower set school teacher feels! talk about short sighted councillors, yes maybe i tried to save time by not typing about wage caps and shifted base rates and bonuses and players personal feelings but most people grasped it why the smeg am i still typing

Seeing as what I know is from the horses mouth....I think we'll leave this one there!

As I said....

Next!