Crowd goading

Why do we do it? why did Wellens get it? anyone else notice Wellens upped his work rate and desire once the chant went up asking him what the score was? straight away he implored the travelling Donney's to make noise and he himself went on a mission. Can we next time leave it till at least injury time added on ta.

Why do we do it? why did Wellens get it? anyone else notice Wellens upped his work rate and desire once the chant went up asking him what the score was? straight away he implored the travelling Donney's to make noise and he himself went on a mission. Can we next time leave it till at least injury time added on ta.

i said this on sat'day...... always remember a whole end of latics fans givin jon newby(cause he wouldnt sign for us?) a load of grief at bury one time...

well you can imagine what happened next....good job we had some weird argentinian in the team to make amends !!

look at clint hill the first time he played against the bin dippers at BP... was gettin tons of stick until he put in a bullet header (akin to a jobson special!) and shut them right up.....

all part n parcel of the game... like time wasting... what goes around, comes around!!!

One of my most dissapointing days ever at BP was when the legend that is Denis Irwin returned for the first time with them down the road. He was constantly boo'd and people were shouting Judas at him through the game. Alright we all hate that lot, but Irwin was and is a true Latics legend who was a massive part of the cup run team of the late eighties. To treat him like that I thought was a disgrace :angry:

One of my most dissapointing days ever at BP was when the legend that is Denis Irwin returned for the first time with them down the road. He was constantly boo'd and people were shouting Judas at him through the game. Alright we all hate that lot, but Irwin was and is a true Latics legend who was a massive part of the cup run team of the late eighties. To treat him like that I thought was a disgrace :angry:

never understood it really,anybody that has played well for our club and left us for greater things,or because they wanted a change will never get booed or goaded by me.

the dennis irwin thing is crazy.

its like if will haining returns against at some point will he get the abuse and jeering,he was here for 8 years and was a decent player.

it only spurs the player on to think,right ill show you lot what your missing and backfires on us.

a great example of this was a few years back the first time i met george hamilton(oafclover)at stockport away.game was quite good,cracking banter,county get a corner and aaron wilbraham is at the far post...george stands up and starts yelling at him"wilbraham,your a f,ing :censored:,..f,off"!!!

the ball comes in,wilbraham heads hope celebrates then turns round and gives us the finger,and me and mike sat there in stoney silence until half time,with me thinking why oh why didnt ya keep ya mouth shut.

the only time i sort of understand goading players is like robbie savage,leaving brum to be nearer wales,then signing for blackburn!!!

a great example of this was a few years back the first time i met george hamilton(oafclover)at stockport away.game was quite good,cracking banter,county get a corner and aaron wilbraham is at the far post...george stands up and starts yelling at him"wilbraham,your a f,ing :censored:,..f,off"!!!

the ball comes in,wilbraham heads hope celebrates then turns round and gives us the finger,and me and mike sat there in stoney silence until half time,with me thinking why oh why didnt ya keep ya mouth shut.

You want to hear the abuse he gives JJ!! :P

Please bear this in mind when Ricketts comes back to haunt us with Walsall. The fact that he won't celebrate will not soften the blow, if he's scored after being goaded. Just ignore him until after the final whistle.

Haining was at the Donny game doing the half time draw. He got booed by a number in the Chaddy.

Idiots.

deserves it, moved to a smaller club after leaving us hanging over a contract talking to anyone and everyone whilst we were tryin to get promoted. never did anything always injured some captain he was. only thing he ever got right was knowing greegs is past it. (yes i am bitter)

on another note do we know what happened with shez and wellens yet? this is the second occassion in a month when shez has asked a reporter to 'just leave it'

Irwin was, is, and always will be - Judas.

Please explain how you know what he knew and how he knew it.

used to move in the same circles as his wife. he didnt get on with greegs in the slightest and was threatened by his arrival but instead of facing the older past it rival down he packed his bags and ran (i can feel the bitterness ebbing through my body thru my hands and fingers into the keys) i didnt boo tho.

used to move in the same circles as his wife. he didnt get on with greegs in the slightest and was threatened by his arrival but instead of facing the older past it rival down he packed his bags and ran (i can feel the bitterness ebbing through my body thru my hands and fingers into the keys) i didnt boo tho.

Do you mean threatened (as in taking his place) by his arrival or threatened (as in physically) by his rival?

He played with Greegs often enough last season - in fact they were alledged to be a partnership nearly as famous as the Chuckle Brothers, or am I getting confused with someone at Sheffield Wednesday?

hainin felt he was bein usurped as captain by an older past it rival

I would never have posted this as an "I've heard this" post but as its already been started.

From an ex firts team regular who now lives in Rochdale.

"Latics had some personality clashes who's catalyst was the permanent signing of Greegs."

"Porter/Wellens were not happy at the dosh he got and their offer (no details)."

Any coincidense that our bad form started when Greegs was signed full time?

Also recenty reported Rickets/Davies do (did) not get on one little bit.

All rumours.

I would never have posted this as an "I've heard this" post but as its already been started.

From an ex firts team regular who now lives in Rochdale.

"Latics had some personality clashes who's catalyst was the permanent signing of Greegs."

"Porter/Wellens were not happy at the dosh he got and their offer (no details)."

Any coincidense that our bad form started when Greegs was signed full time?

Also recenty reported Rickets/Davies do (did) not get on one little bit.

All rumours.

We were told by the Club that every single player supported fully the decision to sign Gregan following his loan spell.