Well said Alan

Puts the blame squarely at Bashforth and Harrison.

Is there some form of "professional competence" councillors have to achieve. Other than elections there must be another way they are accountable for there actions.

100% agree with his comments

What I'm still trying to get my head round is this: a person who turns up wearing a rugby shirt a big say on massively important desicion like this.

He may be mega qualified for the task BUT its just totally and utterley unproffessional.

I've been looking at the Council website to try and understand the Constitution and also the Complaints Procedure

The code of conduct says

Members should not place themselves in situations where their honesty and integrity

may be questioned, should not behave improperly and should on all occasions avoid the

appearance of such behaviour.

I've been looking at the Council website to try and understand the Constitution and also the Complaints Procedure

The code of conduct says

Members should not place themselves in situations where their honesty and integrity

may be questioned, should not behave improperly and should on all occasions avoid the

appearance of such behaviour.

I think a few failed on that one last night then. A rugby shirt!

I have just sent the following to Sky Sports. I suggest others email them too. If they receive enough correspondence, they will pick the story up:

Today is a very black day for Oldham Athletic.

A club who have, in the fairly recent passed graced the Premier League is now facing a highly uncertain future following the decision of Oldham Council last night to reject a planning application required for the redevelopment of Boundary Park.

They have given Oldham's owners, and saviours, nowhere to go as they cannot continue to run at losses of upto £50k per week without any prospect of improving facilities at the ground and these honourable men who saved the club when nobody else would touch us are now considering their futures.

I hope the councillors who refused to accept the presentations of experts, overruling them on hearsay, appreciate just how much a town like Oldham would miss its football club. When meeting people on holiday and telling them where I'm from, they either comment upon the football club or the race riots and I know which one the town should be trying to promote as the 'image of Oldham'.

I think a few failed on that one last night then. A rugby shirt!

You go for a beer with your mates wearing a rugby shirt, you going bowling with your missus and kids wearing a rugby shirt and some people even make lurv wearing a rugby shirt, but you do NOT make highly important desicions regarding the future of people in the borough in a rugby shirt.

I have just sent the following to Sky Sports. I suggest others email them too. If they receive enough correspondence, they will pick the story up:

Today is a very black day for Oldham Athletic.

A club who have, in the fairly recent passed graced the Premier League is now facing a highly uncertain future following the decision of Oldham Council last night to reject a planning application required for the redevelopment of Boundary Park.

They have given Oldham's owners, and saviours, nowhere to go as they cannot continue to run at losses of upto £50k per week without any prospect of improving facilities at the ground and these honourable men who saved the club when nobody else would touch us are now considering their futures.

I hope the councillors who refused to accept the presentations of experts, overruling them on hearsay, appreciate just how much a town like Oldham would miss its football club. When meeting people on holiday and telling them where I'm from, they either comment upon the football club or the race riots and I know which one the town should be trying to promote as the 'image of Oldham'.

It's on the League one banner on SSN. I haven't heard them talk about it though, apparently a team called England a important few days coming up.....part timers.

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere but I have received the following email from Alan Hardy:

As I am sure you realise I have been bombarded with emails of support today after last night's shambolic affair in the Oldham Council Chamber.

It will take me forever to reply individually to every email so please accept my apologies for this somewhat impersonal response.

We are meeting today to reflect on last night's decision and we hope to be able to make a statement either later today or tomorrow about the future of the club.

I have done an exclusive interview for Latics World that can be viewed free on the official site giving my reaction to last night.

Thanks to you all for your tremendous support.

Keep the Faith

Regards

Alan

Like others have said, I wholeheartedly applaud Alan Hardy for coming and even though he is still obviously quite emotional gave a good account on how everyone at the club is feeling. Hurt and betrayed by people who have now really nailed their colours to the mast.

Well done Alan.