Doing Our Bit - A Peaceful Rally On Saturday

Guest sheridans_world
You have PM - Century FM want to talk to you about tomorrow's march.

Sorted Cheers, Diego.

OAFC0000, will get intouch with the club, see what they can do, cant promise anything i'm afraid...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an idea for anyone who's got access to a printer today (not me sadly). Soccer AM are doing this thing at the moment whereby you can print out a life size "Tubes" (A member of the team that does the program) and get photo's with him in unusual places. If we got this a carried it at the front of the march, I'm sure we could get a photo displayed on the program for a bit more national coverage.

Got an idea for anyone who's got access to a printer today (not me sadly). Soccer AM are doing this thing at the moment whereby you can print out a life size "Tubes" (A member of the team that does the program) and get photo's with him in unusual places. If we got this a carried it at the front of the march, I'm sure we could get a photo displayed on the program for a bit more national coverage.

FANTASTIC IDEA!

OAFC0000, will get intouch with the club, see what they can do, cant promise anything i'm afraid...

How about suggesting to the Club that the stuff prohibited fom the ground be put in the Clayton Arms for collection after the game. It would just need someone with the key after the march and again after the game.

A mate of mine RUSHCROFT_LATIC did one for the trip to Huddersfield. Somebody stole him though(Tubes not RUSHCROFT_LATIC)! If you have Tubes please bring him to the march tomorrow. You're more than welcome to keep him but bring it along tomorrow as Cecere says and maybe get some backing from Soccer AM.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

A mate of mine RUSHCROFT_LATIC did one for the trip to Huddersfield. Somebody stole him though(Tubes not RUSHCROFT_LATIC)! If you have Tubes please bring him to the march tomorrow. You're more than welcome to keep him but bring it along tomorrow as Cecere says and maybe get some backing from Soccer AM.

Perhaps we could also get some Donny fans to march with us and bring the stolen drum. :wink:

Can I just ask that anyone thinking of not going on the march tomorrow, would reconsider their decision.

Had a very frustrating conversation with a guy at work today - ST holder, Latics through and through. He is choosing to go to the pub 'as normal' tomorrow rather than join the march.

His reason? 'Other people will turn up'.

He is right, of course, but I just pray that not too many people have that attitude. Come on people, let's make this count!

Edited by maddog

I'm intending to go, but will have the kids with me likely as not - they won't fancy parking at BP, wlaking to oldham and then walking back to BP.

Hoping I can turn up at Civic Centre, see what's going on and maybe then use the car to get to BP, hence:

is there going to be a speech at the civic centre?

It might be an idea to hold a speech at the end too? so those that cannot be there at the start can show support at the end, but it's probably too late to do this now?

Can I just ask that anyone thinking of not going on the march tomorrow, would reconsider their decision.

Had a very frustrating conversation with a guy at work today - ST holder, Latics through and through. He is choosing to go to the pub 'as normal' tomorrow rather than join the march.

His reason? 'Other people will turn up'.

He is right, of course, but I just pray that not too many people have that attitude. Come on people, let's make this count!

He ain't Latics through and through then.....and I would've said it to him. He can wave his ST in my face all he liked....when it comes to the crunch, it wouldn't hurt him enough to lose the club, when being called upon to be there and counted to save our club. You have my permission to copy and paste this and email it to him, if you like. It's reasonable to accept others can't make it for reasonable reasons, but he's just being spineless IMO.

He ain't Latics through and through then.....and I would've said it to him. He can wave his ST in my face all he liked....when it comes to the crunch, it wouldn't hurt him enough to lose the club, when being called upon to be there and counted to save our club. You have my permission to copy and paste this and email it to him, if you like. It's reasonable to accept others can't make it for reasonable reasons, but he's just being spineless IMO.

Absolutely agree! I told him that, and he started waffling on about exercising his democratic right to not march. Seriously....WTF?

Anyway, here's hoping he's in the minority!