Doing Our Bit - A Peaceful Rally On Saturday

How about a peaceful march to the council chambers, the positives would be, a 1000+ supporters marching in harmony to support thier club, the press would be involved hopefully tv as well, the county would see how we are being treated, the club would see our support and hopfully persuade the 3 amigos to appeal.

if this was done on a saturday, before or after a game there is no reason why a 1000+ supporters could not attend, it doesnt matter if the councilors are not home when we get there, they can see and read about oldham athletic united together.

just a thought, who's with me?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Meet at the Civil Centre at 1 pm and march to the game !!!

The only way ..

Sounds like a plan?! We need at least 500 people to have any effect

I'll see if the club will endorse it...

They say actions speak a thousand words, if there is enough of a positive feeling I think we should hold a Rally at the Civic Centre around 1 pm to show our disgust , then march down to the ground and show our support to TTA.

Do people think thsi is a worth while idea ?

I will 100% be there.....only problem if is only 10 people turn up....

Guest sheridans_world
That could work, bvut it'll take a huge amount of word by mouth and lobbying to get enough people there.

Oh, and marching from the Civic Centre would be nothing more than symbolic - there's no-one there on a Saturday...

Symbolic it is, may get in the paper....

Guest sheridans_world
I think this is a great idea.

I do however thik you need to give suitable notice before arranging a march or rally so that the Police can get involved. Failure to do this will make it illegal.

Not sure of the facts but someone needs to investigate this before going too far with the plans.

I have the police ringing me back in 10 mins regarding this.

Guest sheridans_world
lol, you going to become the orgainser then :P

Looks like it, doing what i can, sounds like all we need to do is inform them and they will send a couple of community chappies along.