Doing Our Bit - A Peaceful Rally On Saturday

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Just to be certain, can someone tell me exactly where Civic Centre is - I will definitely be there if I can find it.

Top of Sheepfoot lane, turn right, walk towards oldham, go down the left hand side of the Queens, follow the road and you will see a big rabble eventually! Its about a 3/4 or so past the Queens i think....

I reckon I can come, will be bringing 2 people with me if I can. Problem is, father will think I'm joking so if anybody uses the messageboard on the official site and fancies convincing him, I'd be much obliged :D his username is mikejh45 or summat along those lines

Nope, tell him to get on here!

Unfortunately I do not land back in Manchester until 1pm after the England game tomorrow night and so I will not be able to make the march. I should be at BP for about two.

I support this idea 100%.

I would suggest (and I know this might not be popular amonst some) that you invite the Rugby trust along. This involves them too and it would look good to have some people there in Roughyeds shirts. Most probably wouldn't support us but some certainly will. They have enough gripes with the council after what happened with Sheddings.

I'm not suggesting that we chant that exactly, but something along those lines to show it's a demonsration rather than just a load of people walking to the match. Suggestions?

Also, how manageable is the Keep the Faith banner to be carried upright (as opposed to how it's normally carried horizontally across the top of the crowd.)? It would be good to have that there, possibly across the front of the march.

It'll be there probably along the line of marchers rather than across as it's as wide as the M62.

I would suggest (and I know this might not be popular amonst some) that you invite the Rugby trust along. This involves them too and it would look good to have some people there in Roughyeds shirts. Most probably wouldn't support us but some certainly will. They have enough gripes with the council after what happened with Sheddings.

That's a good shout. Not really sure what the feelings are between us any more. More so them to us but I guess it is worth a try.

That's a good shout. Not really sure what the feelings are between us any more. More so them to us but I guess it is worth a try.

Chris, I assume you and Dale will be there, I'm bringing the missus and the nipper.

You gonna let Danny and the rest of the crew know?

I think it's a cracking idea and just hope we can get a good turnout with such a short time to organise. I struggle to make Saturday matches but am going to try to come up for the march.

You can count on me and Mrs. Sideburns to be there too - she's away at the moment. It's a good job she wasn't there last night when the vote was taken - she would have exploded!

So that's at least three B.A.L.L.S.

WHAT DO WE WANT?

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

:comeon: