Doing Our Bit - A Peaceful Rally On Saturday

Absolutely agree! I told him that, and he started waffling on about exercising his democratic right to not march.

Too many people are keen to exercise their democratic right NOT to vote in elections, and that's how we end up with numpties like we saw on Wednesday. Voting should be made compulsory like in some other countries. Oldham is famous for Suffragettes - they must be turning in their graves! :angry:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning to park at BP, walk up to t'main road and get a bus...

Mind you, the last time I travelled on a bus, some pikey threw up on me. :shock:

Maybe I'll walk.

I'm planning to drop off Mrs. S and grandchild ( and oafc_ok) at the Civic Centre and then park at BP - once bitten about parking at the CC!

Then I'll walk back through my old stomping ground of Westwood Park and Stansfield Street - happy days! Might see how Plumpton Clough is doing these days.

Think this is a genuine point. A number of OWTB are travelling a long way for the game and to get to the Civic Centre early. Would it help anyone to park up at BP, for a prompt end of match getaway and get a free lift up to the Civic Centre.

My dads thinking (IF HE POSSIBLY CAN and would know if possible by 9.30ish in the morning due to family ill health issues. Would post on here before setting off) to offer a shuttle service from outside the club shop up to the top of Middleton Road. He has a Mitsubishi Warrior pickup so can take banners etc up as well with no problem. Thinking this might help the long distance travellers. So if you live in Royton catch the bus.

IF any takers get back to me before 10 tonight and he will do his best to help but can't gaurantee simply because my grandads very ill and dad will have to judge it in the morning as he sees it.

He will even ship Garcons banner up the road whilst he catches the bus as can't see the Bus drivers welcoming Poles, oh sorry they are probabbly driving.

An excellent idea and a very generous offer.

Councillor Basforth would no doubt suggest that if your Dad was to drive two cars at once he would be able to transport more people. :D

I'm planning to drop off Mrs. S and grandchild ( and oafc_ok) at the Civic Centre and then park at BP - once bitten about parking at the CC!

Then I'll walk back through my old stomping ground of Westwood Park and Stansfield Street - happy days! Might see how Plumpton Clough is doing these days.

You know what is really sad... I actually cant quite, really, remember (or know!), the way from BP to the Civic centre??? Think its a route which I never ever went down in all my years in Oldham... I presume you just basically head to the top of Sheepfoot and turn right... and then branch left at that junction just past the hospital???

Gonna prob be there at stupid'o'clock as I wont sleep tonight and will prob be on the M5 at the crack of dawn..... If anyone sees a lost looking tall blonde person wandering round oldham - please point me in the right direction!!

Just a point... and i'm sorry if its been covered... are the oldham staff prepared for the increased cars that are gonna be parking at BP from about 11.30am???

You know what is really sad... I actually cant quite, really, remember (or know!), the way from BP to the Civic centre??? Think its a route which I never ever went down in all my years in Oldham... I presume you just basically head to the top of Sheepfoot and turn right... and then branch left at that junction just past the hospital???

Gonna prob be there at stupid'o'clock as I wont sleep tonight and will prob be on the M5 at the crack of dawn..... If anyone sees a lost looking tall blonde person wandering round oldham - please point me in the right direction!!

Just a point... and i'm sorry if its been covered... are the oldham staff prepared for the increased cars that are gonna be parking at BP from about 11.30am???

Top of Sheepfoot Lane turn right.

Cross over and keep walking along Rochdale Road towards the town centre, veering left past the Queen's pub.

You can't miss the Civic Centre, with its concrete monstrosity of a balcony.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Top of Sheepfoot Lane turn right.

Cross over and keep walking along Rochdale Road towards the town centre, veering left past the Queen's pub.

You can't miss the Civic Centre, with its concrete monstrosity of a balcony.

I should get to the ground at around 12ish, how long will it take to reach the house of idiots on foot please?

I'm intending to go, but will have the kids with me likely as not - they won't fancy parking at BP, wlaking to oldham and then walking back to BP.

Hoping I can turn up at Civic Centre, see what's going on and maybe then use the car to get to BP, hence:

is there going to be a speech at the civic centre?

It might be an idea to hold a speech at the end too? so those that cannot be there at the start can show support at the end, but it's probably too late to do this now?

There are going to be a few short speeches before the March starts. Alan Hardy; Barry Owen and myself will be saying a few words before Sheridans_World starts the rally with his Battlecry.

Latics&England can't be there as he's on his way back from Austria but I have plagiarised a great line from one of his posts yesterday to use in my bit and so he will be there in spirit!

We had thought of saying something on reaching Boundary Park however the Police want the March to disburse as soon as possible once we reach the ground.

I'm planning on parking at BP and then getting a bus up to the Civic. Like you, I've got my 3 lads with me and I know that they won't be able to manage the walk each way.

There are going to be a few short speeches before the March starts. Alan Hardy; Barry Owen and myself will be saying a few words before Sheridans_World starts the rally with his Battlecry.

Latics&England can't be there as he's on his way back from Austria but I have plagiarised a great line from one of his posts yesterday to use in my bit and so he will be there in spirit!

We had thought of saying something on reaching Boundary Park however the Police want the March to disburse as soon as possible once we reach the ground.

I'm planning on parking at BP and then getting a bus up to the Civic. Like you, I've got my 3 lads with me and I know that they won't be able to manage the walk each way.

Good stuff IC...will you be waiting until 1pm to make the speeches? As you know how crowds tend to go....say meet for 12.45pm and leave at 1pm means loads turn up right at 1pm.

Some inspiration for S_W and Inspiral...with apologies to the great Winston Churchill...

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job.

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill

British politician (1874 - 1965)

I've sent Latics & England a text to let him know. I know he's gutted he can't be there.

I won't have a banner or flag, drum or bell. The only thing I'll be able to carry is a four year old boy! It's a hell of a long way!

myself and m_oafc will be refreshing the vocal chords in the abbey pub across the road from the civic/meeting point at about 12 noon.

nice ale i remember from last visits...

I went in there for a pint on Wednesday evening before the shamble at the Civic Centre. The Boddingtons was off and the only other bitter was John Smiths. I'm willing to give them a second try tomorrow though!

The police have got a bloody cheek asking marchers to distribute money when they reach BP. I thought our police had integrity and honour, but it turns out that they're just like the Gendarmerie and the bloody Carabinieri.

Very proud today. I was about to ring my two younger cousins who I bring to games to inform them the usual meeting point had changes. Cousin interrupts with "you're doing that march aren't you, we are".

Didn't even need me to tell them. They'd decided with or without me they were going! See you all tomorrow.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad