The next step

How about a subtle one in parallel to getting a high profile in the Chron?

I can't find this, but was sure I posted it, apologies if it dusplicates

On the Oldham MBC website, there is a request for the

"The Council is preparing an important new Plan that will help shape the future of the Borough. This is called the Local Development Framework, or ‘LDF’ for short. The LDF is a Plan that will guide future development and use of land in the Borough"

OMBC Front Page

Local Development Plan

The link to add comments

The email address to send the comments form

Email comments Form, please use comments for only to be effective.

Details are on the page too, obviously.

OMBC Front Page

Local Development Plan

The link to add comments

The email address to send the comments form

Email comments Form, please use comments for only to be effective.

Details are on the page too, obviously.

Is everyone asleep? Has everyone got campaign fatigue? We don't have a clear certain next step in place - what's it going to be?

I'm planning to abseil down the front of the Council building dressed as Pinky and Perky in protest. Anyone care to join me?

Guest sheridans_world
Is everyone asleep? Has everyone got campaign fatigue? We don't have a clear certain next step in place - what's it going to be?

I'm planning to abseil down the front of the Council building dressed as Pinky and Perky in protest. Anyone care to join me?

You're going dressed as both pinky and perky, cool! :shock:

I think at the moment, most people are still writing to Councillors and continuing to raise (or should that be lower) the profile of The Council.

On thursday night, an official Supporter's Action Group is being formed and it is hoped that this organisation will provide coordination of future activity and ideas as to how the campaign should continue.

In the meantime, ideas are being discussed and one of those is to stand against Cllr Harrison in Royton South next May. Talks are continuing behind the scenes.

As for now, please do keep chasing the Councillors. Several have still not replied to me and I'm continuing to ask them why. We have heard precious little so far from Councillors Wheeler and Iqbal. Don't know if anyone else has received a reply?

Is this happening at the trust AGM?

It is something suggested by The Trust and the meeting will start after the AGM. I say meeting but at the moment it really is just an idea in its formative stage.

Common sense says that it it needs to be something separate from OAFC and probably The Trust. It should also not be solely concerned with the Planning Application either but that will clearly be the initial concern.

I am sure there will be calls for Members and help coming soon!

Guest sheridans_world

The action group is meeting for the first time, it has been decided it will be seperate from OWTB/OAFC/TRUST/ISZ/JKLATICS. Effectivley a brand spanking new entity!

There are also a few other ideas being carried out and these include formal complaints with the Local Government Ombudsman about the conduct of Oldham Councillors at the meeting last Wednesday.

That will be an interesting one I am lead to believe.

Also there is the No. 10 petition that Jac has instigated and numerous other letters flying backwards and forwards between us; MPs and The Chief Executive of The Council.

Any other ideas are of course welcome.

I guess what the comments on here show is that we do need some direction and coordination in order to retain focus.

For me, the real big one is fighting the Royton South Seat. Even if the outline plans do get approved in December, there will still be a time when formal plans get submitted for the remainder of the redevelopment beyond the new South Stand. That will be after May 2008 and do we really want a "friend" like Councillor Harrison involved?

As for now, please do keep chasing the Councillors. Several have still not replied to me and I'm continuing to ask them why. We have heard precious little so far from Councillors Wheeler and Iqbal. Don't know if anyone else has received a reply?

Wheeler, Iqbal and Pendlebury are all yet to reply to me. I have just sent an email to Wheeler and Iqbal, chasing them up. Additional email about his comments in the Guardian was sent to Pendlebury yesterday.

It is something suggested by The Trust and the meeting will start after the AGM. I say meeting but at the moment it really is just an idea in its formative stage.

Good news - at last! Effective communication there from the Trust!

It can't be a Trust idea - I'd like it to be very much but I just don't any galvanising action coming from that quarter. Shame really.........no emailed call to action, no fighting fund set up, no march, no Trust banner on the OWTB march..........

Good news - at last! Effective communication there from the Trust!

It can't be a Trust idea - I'd like it to be very much but I just don't any galvanising action coming from that quarter. Shame really.........no emailed call to action, no fighting fund set up, no march, no Trust banner on the OWTB march..........

You know me mate and I wouldn't lie to you. I and a few others were contacted about this by a Trust Director and I can tell you it was his/ their idea.

Trust me. :)

The action group is meeting for the first time, it has been decided it will be seperate from OWTB/OAFC/TRUST/ISZ/JKLATICS. Effectivley a brand spanking new entity!

Interesting.....I posted the following on Sunday....

"Personally, I think maybe some rhetoric towards Oldham people and possibly Roughyeds fans should be made. Question their allegiences.....state to the dirty Reds and Manchester Council house fans that they too have their part to play in this....it isn't just about OAFC....it's about nicer places to live, sports facilities, office space for businesses and conferencing and bringing jobs into the area for them.....not just about helping OAFC to a brighter future. The net needs casting open. Maybe this is something Trust Oldham could do? An official body, outside of OAFC, pointing it out to others....who just think this is OAFC against the world. "

Rather than a Supporters Action Group, which suggests its mainly for Latics fans, create an Oldham Action Group which is open to all the people of Oldham who want to see a progression of the town in future. Again, it may be subjected to apathy but it's worth a try. I think if we could shift the perception more from the football, to the concerns of Oldham as a Town (which I think has happened a bit, but not enough to gain more taxpayers support who aren't interested in the Latics really) we'd gain even more weight in the campaign.

Thoughts?

Interesting.....I posted the following on Sunday....

"Personally, I think maybe some rhetoric towards Oldham people and possibly Roughyeds fans should be made. Question their allegiences.....state to the dirty Reds and Manchester Council house fans that they too have their part to play in this....it isn't just about OAFC....it's about nicer places to live, sports facilities, office space for businesses and conferencing and bringing jobs into the area for them.....not just about helping OAFC to a brighter future. The net needs casting open. Maybe this is something Trust Oldham could do? An official body, outside of OAFC, pointing it out to others....who just think this is OAFC against the world. "

Rather than a Supporters Action Group, which suggests its mainly for Latics fans, create an Oldham Action Group which is open to all the people of Oldham who want to see a progression of the town in future. Again, it may be subjected to apathy but it's worth a try. I think if we could shift the perception more from the football, to the concerns of Oldham as a Town (which I think has happened a bit, but not enough to gain more taxpayers support who aren't interested in the Latics really) we'd gain even more weight in the campaign.

Thoughts?

I think you have a point.

It possibly needs to develop that way although initially, my view (selfish as it is) would be to concentrate on the football aspect.

If you aren't there on Thursday, I will mention what you have said.

I think you have a point.

It possibly needs to develop that way although initially, my view (selfish as it is) would be to concentrate on the football aspect.

If you aren't there on Thursday, I will mention what you have said.

Can't make Thursday nights. Hope someone can take the idea on board though.

I think we need 1. car stickers, 2. posters, 3. A campaign leaflet, 4. Button badges?

The campaign leaflet could focus on the myths that are being put out:

e.g

Larkin and Bashforth's 2000 cars

Pendlebury's comments in the Grauniad about concerns about impats on schools - this was covered in the planning office stuff - they stated that TTA would have to pay a sum to cover the cost of this

The 8 storey myths - when it's 3 storeys closest to housing, no higher than tesco in failsworth, and further away from the nearest houses (at a guess?)

Bashforth's "I won't vote / rule" comments - but then he did

bashforth's request for another traffic survey - did he just want to re-survey because the results didn't say what he wanted?

the loss of space - perhaps a figure comparing the current space and it's state, then the proposed grass / landscaping / clough and the actual building land?

it might also be worth trying to find out roughly when people have bought their houses near BP, as there have been plans for years (must be about 15 years now), so some wuill have bought knowing that it was likely.

The leaflet could be done door-door by volunteers?

Stickers, poster, badges at events? BP on match days, spindles, town centre - o/m, royton, shaw, failsworth etc?

Maybe try pubs for posters too?

I think we need 1. car stickers, 2. posters, 3. A campaign leaflet, 4. Button badges?

e.g

Pendlebury's comments in the Grauniad about concerns about impats on schools - this was covered in the planning office stuff - they stated that TTA would have to pay a sum to cover the cost of this

The 8 storey myths - when it's 3 storeys closest to housing, no higher than tesco in failsworth, and further away from the nearest houses (at a guess?)

bashforth's request for another traffic survey - did he just want to re-survey because the results didn't say what he wanted?

the loss of space - perhaps a figure comparing the current space and it's state, then the proposed grass / landscaping / clough and the actual building land?

it might also be worth trying to find out roughly when people have bought their houses near BP, as there have been plans for years (must be about 15 years now), so some wuill have bought knowing that it was likely.

Stickers, poster, badges at events? BP on match days, spindles, town centre - o/m, royton, shaw, failsworth etc?

Some great ideas there Real.

They Will definitely be discussed on Thursday.

I'm currently trying to get a Vicky Pollard type Steven Bashforth out of my mind. :o

I won't be there on Thursday either.

On a previous thread I suggested a "Give Oldham Council the red card" protest or turning our backs to the pitch to symbolise them turning their backs on us (before the team comes out, of course).

Just a thought, worth suggesting, if others think it's a good idea.

e.g

I was thinking about this sort of thing in an advert in the rarely-wrong. It would be a way to put the questions and points that aren't being adequately answered right in front of the relevant parties and the town. Anyone know how much it would cost?

I might have missed something here, but people keep mentioning thursday. I havent seen any details about a meeting, just heard in passing. could someone update me please?

Phil - it isn't going to be a big meeting and it really concerns the setting up of a formal Action Group to co-ordinate activity.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, myself and a few others (such as Diego; Sheridans_World etc) were contacted by a Director of Trust Oldham to ask if we would be interested in discussing the idea further. It made sense to have a get together after the Trust AGM on Thursday.

If it gets off the ground, then I'm sure there will be loads of requests for help - and for people to get involved with running the Action Group - in due course.