Poster campaign

Updated version (thanks to Ackey's 'feedback' :wink: ):

I think it's very good work, and I like it. But (you could hear the 'but' coming, couldn't you?) I don't think clenched fists will win us friends where we need them. We know why the fists were being clenched, but we can't stand there and explain that to the people who will look at the poster and just see some young (and not so young) men shouting at them and waving a fist in their direction. It confirms all the worst things they had been told about those dreadful football hooligans.

I agree it should be more about Oldham Borough that about Latics.

:cardinal:

Edited by The Chaplain

I think it's very good work, and I like it. But (you could hear the 'but' coming, couldn't you?) I don't think clenched fists will win us friends where we need them. We know why the fists were being clenched, but we can't stand there and explain that to the people who will look at the poster and just see some young (and not so young) men shouting at them and waving a fist in their direction. It confirms all the worst things they had been told about those dreadful football hooligans.

I agree it should be more about Oldham Borough that about Latics.

Alternative poster then:

protestposteriisd1.jpg

Alternative poster then:

I like that....is it worth superimposing the words JOBS, BUSINESS OFFICES, LUXURIOUS APARTMENTS, BETTER FACILITIES FOR OLDHAM or other words over the stadium, which shows what Oldham Arena is aiming to provide? To get this message out to the ill-formed of Carlton Way and co.

I like that....is it worth superimposing the words JOBS, BUSINESS OFFICES, LUXURIOUS APARTMENTS, BETTER FACILITIES FOR OLDHAM or other words over the stadium, which shows what Oldham Arena is aiming to provide? To get this message out to the ill-formed of Carlton Way and co.

Yes I like this even more! I think it's excellent.

And I do like BB80's idea about superimposing words - but do it subtly, with faint lettering (15% tint or thereabouts) as the main message - I'M BACKING THE ODHAM ARENA (which is brilliant BTW) - should not be undermined.

Excellent work. how soon can we get them printed and out?

Okay; the people get what the people want:

Just spent a bit making the below look nice and tidy using paint (should've used some better programme) and my bloody laptop battery died....argghhh!!!

So....anyway, hope you didn't mind me attempting to put my view of the poster onto what you've started....

Forget the white background behind the text (not spending the time again to redo it again, hopefully you'll get what I mean tho...) the green/turquoise text is meant to be on top of the stadium and see-thru, if you get my meaning. You could probably reproduce it better than I have there.

protestposteriisd1ex6.jpg

Edited by boundaryblue80

Fine tuning now: but the fewer the words, the better because they have more impact.

how about losing the word "development" at the top? Just "I'm supporting the Oldham Arena" - that says it.

Change "employment opportunities" to "JOBS"

Shorten "CONERENCING" to "CONFERENCE"

Shorten "Business Office Spaces" to 'OFFICE SPACES'

Shorten "Luxurious apartments" to "LUXURY FLATS"

Do you get the idea? Give it higher impact value.

I really should've used PhotoImpression...damn far easier than MSPaint....anyway, this was the poster I was trying to get across last night. Although I have taken out the word development, I do prefer Employment Opportunities to just the word "Job" etc. I just think it's more professional and as the stadiums clearly viewable behind the writing, I think it works. Only my opinion though....but this is the look I was attempting....no probs if you go with something else....

oldhamarenaposterri6.jpg

Can I be a pain - think it's really good, Stevie....... but I'm just wondering how much this should be aimed at the Council, and whether it should be more aimed at everyone - like 'So should YOU' or something.

Sure people will disagree!

Only thing I'd say to that is that it's almost like telling people off. I think it saying the Council should is like a personal statement from the owner of a poster, stating the Council should.

PS Stevie, didn't realise you'd put up your updated version....just went about adding mine on and realised you'd put yours up. Anyway, as I ballsed up last nights effort....using PhotoImpression has enabled me to get the look I was going for, far easier. Up to you.

Can I be a pain - think it's really good, Stevie....... but I'm just wondering how much this should be aimed at the Council, and whether it should be more aimed at everyone - like 'So should YOU' or something.

Sure people will disagree!

I'm inclined to disagree. Isn't the point to put pressure on the council to change their previous decision?