GET DAVIES OUT OF THE TEAM

no goals what a load of tosh and that lee hughes? 2 gols 1 assist not good enough and that taylor 1 gol endless runs i want more more more sack them all and shez he hasnt got a clue fancy shoring up the middle with captain marvel when were winning and that trotman fella what does he ever do apart from everything blah blah blah

:grin:

no goals what a load of tosh and that lee hughes? 2 gols 1 assist not good enough and that taylor 1 gol endless runs i want more more more sack them all and shez he hasnt got a clue fancy shoring up the middle with captain marvel when were winning and that trotman fella what does he ever do apart from everything blah blah blah

Drinking early today mate

Crossley - fat

Eardley - too busy playing tennis for the USA under-21 shuffleboard team and eating cats

Trotman - thug

Stam - injured

Bertrand - Chelsea rent boy

Taylor - :censored: nowadays

Kilkenny - lazy

McDonald - had his chance and failed

Smalley - will never make it

Davies - all runs no end product

Hughes - scum

Sheridan - useless. SHEZ OUT.

:wink:

Crossley is fat though :grin:

that form table doesnt tell the full story. we have got 8 points from 6 games, yet from the last three, we have got 7. so the improvement is there much more recently. you might as well write off the other three games, cos thats when we were :censored: . obviously were a little less :censored: now.

that form table doesnt tell the full story. we have got 8 points from 6 games, yet from the last three, we have got 7. so the improvement is there much more recently. you might as well write off the other three games, cos thats when we were :censored: . obviously were a little less :censored: now.

I'd love that interview to happen on Latics world...

Stu "So john, an upturn in fortunes recently - anything specific you feel is the reason for this??"

Shez "well, to be honest, not really - before we were :censored: and we are a little less :censored: now..."

Stu "Thanks for clearing that up john..."

Think it is a little more positive than that assesment however - and the difference post-ricketts is absolutely marked.... lets just hope we can sort out the home form now...

Think it is a little more positive than that assesment however - and the difference post-ricketts is absolutely marked.... lets just hope we can sort out the home form now...

Good call that,not seen anyone else comment.

Makes you wonder if Ricketts was such a liability to the whole team , or that everyone has buckled down as Shez re asserted his authority and started listening?

Thoughts?

A few interesting league facts before Sat game ....

Shots on target:

Davies top with 29

shots off target:

Davies fourth with 19 (top 29)

shots without scoring

Taylor second with 21 (top 25)

Fouls commited:

Davies second with 41 (top 46)

Davies certainly making himself busy......... although interestingly Porter was always high up in these stats shows what kind of work ethic Shez wants / needs from his strikers to make his team formations work.

Ricketts 5th highest offside!!!

Makes you wonder if Ricketts was such a liability to the whole team , or that everyone has buckled down as Shez re asserted his authority and started listening?

Thoughts?

I don't think it could be argued that we are benefiting from Ricketts not being on the pitch because we were no better without him when he missed the Huddersfield game and to be fair he did the best he could with some awful service. However, I think the main problem was he was a really bad influence in the dressing room, he certainly wasn't sent on loan for poor performance.

As you say though Ricketts being shipped out may have given the rest of them a kick up the arse as it showed Shez wasn't going to mess around with them this season.

Thoughts?

Lets just say it is now taken as pretty much granted that ricketts was a disruption to the whole team, and his flashy "im better than this team" antics were having serious impact on team morale - and particularly the young players.... shez had had enough so out he went...

So in answer to your question - bit of both, Ricketts was a liability to the team morale, and shez has reasserted who is boss... and the team have bucked down and started worning as a unit once more....

Onwards and upwards!

We'll most likely never know how a Hughes/Ricketts front pairing would have done - I think it might have been awesome. n the bright side though we signed 3 strikers and 2 of them look like very clever bits of business, so that isn't so bad.

Yeah I think a Ricketts/Hughes partnership could have been unstoppable in this League because you can tell that both of them are thinking a step ahead of the rest of the team barring maybe Kilkenny. I think a Davies/Hughes front pair can be as good as any in the division though. Davies is guaranteed to get chances with his pace and Hughes just looks a class act. They seem to be getting some sort of understanding as well from what I have seen. Davies isn't an easy player to read but I think Hughes can get the best out of him as he always tells you where he wants the ball.

Indeed it doesn't. It could also say it's a good job we played one of the worst teams in the football league on Sat that almost lost to a team 3 divisions below a few days earlier. Otherwise, we might only have 5pts in that table and be right near the bottom of it. Also...who were them 7pts achieved from...yep, you got it....the 3 teams at the bottom.

I'm not getting too carried away from our form. When we start winning at home, then I might. 2 big league games coming up after the Cup fun to come. Time to keep feet on the ground and push on....or we'll get sucked back in.

Thoughts?

Or maybe we've just played some really :censored: teams recently. Since Tranmere hit injuries to key players they've been :censored:. Vale and AFCB go without saying. Lol....nope, wait on....must blame Ricketts....lol!

you can tell that both of them are thinking a step ahead of the rest of the team barring maybe Kilkenny.

Now here's one for you all....esp those putting it on Ricketts. KK....I think it's been highly noticable how the teams been far better when it's stopped relying on KK for it all to go thru. Infact, KK has been one of the poorest players in the side, while we've recently been collecting points! Overrated IMO. Still a decent player at times, but only in flashes. It's Bertrand and Eardley's revival in the FB positions (and support on the wings) which have helped us forward and improved the service.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Now here's one for you all....esp those putting it on Ricketts. KK....I think it's been highly noticable how the teams been far better when it's stopped relying on KK for it all to go thru. Infact, KK has been one of the poorest players in the side, while we've recently been collecting points! Overrated IMO. Still a decent player at times, but only in flashes. It's Bertrand and Eardley's revival in the FB positions (and support on the wings) which have helped us forward and improved the service.

I agree , Bertrand has been improving all the time and i've said numerous times how valuable he is to us (even when everyone was claiming we should 'send him back to Chelsea'). Eardley has been improving all season as well and we evidently missed him when Hazell played RB whilst Eards was on international duty. I still think though that Kilkenny has the creativity and football brain to be massive for us. He is still young though and gives the ball away trying to do much but hopefully with the amount of football he is getting he will mature and become a major player for us consistently. I think it is noticeable that our improvement has coincided with having a number of players on the same wavelength as well with the improvements being made by the full backs and Taylor and Smalley ie. looking to play it to feet rather than going long, this goes with the introduction of Stam as well.

I have to agree about the full backs who are bypassing the midfield going forward. This gives the forwards opportunities which have not been presented by our midfielders. Hence the improvement. I refuse however, to get carried away by the recent form. We should be beating teams like Port Vale at home. I welcome Hughes's goals as they may well be the spur he needed to kickstart his season. His form in the future months may well be the difference between mid table and play offs.... Much like Porters... I have also enjoyed the ball being kept on the floor much more. Stops me getting a crick in the neck. :mainstand:

Edited by happyterryb