Back from Donny

Ignoring the first 40 mins...THAT WAS :censored: SUPERB!!!!!!

Brilliant, brilliant passing football. As someone who called 606 on the way home said, it was just like last season.

And without Hughesy! This team is going places...

WELLENS WHAT'S THE SCORE, WELLENS WELLENS WHAT'S THE SCORE?!?!?!?!?

Interesting post-note...when I was walking back to my car I overheard a Donny fan saying to another - 'They just stopped Wellens playing, and that meant they stopped us playing'. Sound familiar?

I'm on a big high, huge smile on my face. Let's do Crewe and get a big boy. COME ON YOU BLUUUUUUUUUUES!

The person who called 606 was me and I had waited 25 minutes to get on. I wanted to raise the council issue but Stubbsy cut me off saying the line was poor. It was a magnificent display throughout the 80 minutes I saw. I was late. (Does that mean I'm in detention). Even their goal came as a result of a minor mistake by Stam. WE outplayed, outsang and out supported Doncaster. What a stadium though... Just shows what a forward thinking council can do.

Just a thought.... What the hell was up with Davies in the second half. He worked so hard to get himself booked in the first half then looked totally disinterested for most of the second. I'm sure that lad has trouble controllong himself. He needs to play for the team. When Trotters got sent off I thought Sheridan would have subbed Davies for Hazell but he left him on. All around me people were shouting at him to pull his finger out but he didn't. If he doesn't score in the first 25 minutes he seems to lose control. How many bookings has he got now this season. Don't get me wrong I rate the lad but he really frustrates me with his attitude.

Just a thought.... What the hell was up with Davies in the second half. He worked so hard to get himself booked in the first half then looked totally disinterested for most of the second. I'm sure that lad has trouble controllong himself. He needs to play for the team. When Trotters got sent off I thought Sheridan would have subbed Davies for Hazell but he left him on. All around me people were shouting at him to pull his finger out but he didn't. If he doesn't score in the first 25 minutes he seems to lose control. How many bookings has he got now this season. Don't get me wrong I rate the lad but he really frustrates me with his attitude.

4 according to the Soccerbase site mate...

But that said, when we signed him we knew we were getting a young and energetic and a bit mental player!!

He's been done (almost, allegedly etc etc) for slapping his Mrs about and that's a side of him we have to control and advise him on... of all people I think Hughes really is the man to show Davies the ways to control and use his anger and edge to his own advantage and not to destroy his and other peoples lives... If you believe in it, you may call it fate, or karma!

But that said, when we signed him we knew we were getting a young and energetic and a bit mental player!!

He's been done (almost, allegedly etc etc) for slapping his Mrs about and that's a side of him we have to control and advise him on... of all people I think Hughes really is the man to show Davis the ways to control and use his anger and edge to his own advantage and not to destroy his and other peoples lives... If you believe in it, you may call it fate, or karma!

Davies has the potential of playing at a much higher level but that wont happen if he dosent knuckle down and play 90 mins every week without spitting his dummy out. Simple as that really, the choice is his!

Edited by oafc0000

He's been done (almost, allegedly etc etc) for slapping his Mrs about and that's a side of him we have to control and advise him on... of all people I think Hughes really is the man to show Davies the ways to control and use his anger and edge to his own advantage and not to destroy his and other peoples lives... If you believe in it, you may call it fate, or karma!

If Davies sorted out his anger and his early distribution problem then he could be a great player

It's been said that Davies is carrying a knock. This may well explain his lack of closing down defenders last night, which is more noticable cos he usual;ly does. I sometimes wish Shez wouldn't slate him so much whilst on the pitch, only some players respond to that whilst other (and I think Davies is one) don't.

I think that's harsh on Davies and I couldn't believe some of the random shouts for him to 'pull his finger out'. When closing down the defenders he was always running between the two centre backs and in the second half when Smalley and Wolfenden sat deeper it was often between the 4. I think he ran out of steam at about the 75 minute mark and I was really surprised that Davies was left on when the Hazel substitution was made. Then again though he is always a threat and it kept Doncaster from throwing further men forward because they were always wary of leaving him one on one with a centre back.

There was a point in the second half When the ball was played back to the keeper, then to a CB, then back to the keeper, then back to the other cb, then back to the keeper and then back to the other cb again. Davies chased this down until the last pass when he just appeared shattered from sprinting between them with no help from people pushing on. Someone immediately shouted for him to put some effort in which I thought was unbelievable seeing as he was doing a thankless task on is own there. Some people want our strikers to be able to sprint non stop and all day long but that just isn't realistic. Davies got burnt out having done a difficult job on Tuesday night in a 4-3-3. I don't think he could be called lazy or disinterested for running out of steam. Maybe this is the reason Ricketts was such a hate figure.

I do agree about the bookings though. It's not if he doesn't score though imo, it's just the second any opponent gets to him a bit. He just can't let things lie and always has to have the last word.

Edited by LeylandLatic

I think that's harsh on Davies and I couldn't believe some of the random shouts for him to 'pull his finger out' When closing down the defenders he was always running between the two centre backs and in the second half when Smalley and Wolfenden sat deeper it was often between the 4. I think he ran out of steam at about the 75 minute mark and I was really surprised that Davies was left of when the Hazel substitution was made. Then again though he is always a threat and it kept Doncaster from throwing further men forward because they were always weary of leaving him one on one with a centre back.

There was a point in the second half When the ball was played back to the keeper, then to a CB, then back to the keeper, then back to the other cb, then back to the keeper and then back to the other cb again. Davies chased this down until the last pass when he just appeared shattered from sprinting between them with no help from people pushing on. Someone immediately shouted for him to put some effort it which I thought was unbelievable seeing as he was doing a thankless task on is own there. Some people want our strikers to be able to sprint non stop and all day long but that just isn't realistic. Davies got burnt out having done a difficult job on Tuesday night in a 4-3-3 I don't think he could be called lazy or disinterested for running out of steam. Maybe this is the reason Ricketts was such a hate figure.

I do agree about the bookings though. It's not if he doesn't score though imo, it's just the second any opponent gets to him a bit. He just can't let things lie and always has to have the last word.

Fans should ask themselves how many times you see Rooney, Henery, Owen or any other decent striker running around like a headless chicken trying to rush defenders / keepers.......

We want a team full off Warnes....utterly :censored:ing useless but hey...at least they ran alot....tut tut

Edited by oafc0000

How many crosses and shots did they sky?! Very strange.

League's best passing side my :shakeit:

Match stats from the doncasterrovers-mad site show that Donny had 10 shots off target. The match report says that Eardley hit the post, but that isn't included in the stats.

http://www.doncasterrovers-mad.co.uk/news/...H&id=364796

Match stats from the doncasterrovers-mad site show that Donny had 10 shots off target. The match report says that Eardley hit the post, but that isn't included in the stats.

http://www.doncasterrovers-mad.co.uk/news/...H&id=364796

I suspect they've thrown some of the wayward crosses they had into the goal attempts section there. Number 11 for them Lockwood, he had a shocking game too. Expecting another tough challenge next week though.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Read on one of their boards it was a laser pen being shone at Crossley which the ref then told the 4th official about. Herberts :sign0003:

I noticed a green light in the second half flash towards me and wondered what it was. It was up to the top left of the stand facing us so it must have been aimed at Crossley in the first half. Didn't see it then though tbh.

I noticed a green light in the second half flash towards me and wondered what it was. It was up to the top left of the stand facing us so it must have been aimed at Crossley in the first half. Didn't see it then though tbh.

Suggest you mail Hardy with as many details of the position as you can remember so he can pass them on. Whoever was doing that deserves a slap.