Back from Donny

Ignoring the first 40 mins...THAT WAS :censored: SUPERB!!!!!!

Brilliant, brilliant passing football. As someone who called 606 on the way home said, it was just like last season.

And without Hughesy! This team is going places...

WELLENS WHAT'S THE SCORE, WELLENS WELLENS WHAT'S THE SCORE?!?!?!?!?

Interesting post-note...when I was walking back to my car I overheard a Donny fan saying to another - 'They just stopped Wellens playing, and that meant they stopped us playing'. Sound familiar?

I'm on a big high, huge smile on my face. Let's do Crewe and get a big boy. COME ON YOU BLUUUUUUUUUUES!

Brilliant, brilliant passing football. As someone who called 606 on the way home said, it was just like last season.

Interesting post-note...when I was walking back to my car I overheard a Donny fan saying to another - 'They just stopped Wellens playing, and that meant they stopped us playing'. Sound familiar?

I'm on a big high, huge smile on my face. Let's do Crewe and get a big boy. COME ON YOU BLUUUUUUUUUUES!

ive managed to get out of working sat this week so i think ill be defo making my way down

I agree we were quality in the second half. A few nervy moments towards the end but that is to be expected when you can't get anything off the ref or linesmen and go down to 10 men. I thought for patches in the first we looked ok but just fluffed our lines a bit when we had created a chance to break or play the final ball.

Allot played really well imo and was key in us stopping Wellens from playing. Having said that though there were good performances all over the pitch, Eardley was immense. Can't see him staying with us much longer if he continues to perform like that.

We did well didn't we.

Ole!

Two great goals from us too. Second you could say fortunate but still needed anticipation and finish. Lovely goal from NK. How many crosses and shots did they sky?! Very strange.

League's best passing side my :shakeit:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

We did well didn't we.

Ole!

Two great goals from us too. Second you could say fortunate but still needed anticipation and finish. Lovely goal from NK. How many crosses and shots did they sky?! Very strange.

a quehose who went, how much do you think Hughes would have effected the scoreline,

Good stuff. Now, is it just me but since when did footballers wear leotards?

0,,10337~3480259,00.jpg

He's been wearing that a while. Ridiculous as he looks he stuck the ball in the net tonight. I like to think my "that's in" comment on the way helped :wink:

I reckon 200-300 went just a rough estimate.

Hughes might have but we won so it doesn't matter :grin:

We did well didn't we.

Ole!

Lol I was commenting on that at the game, saying let them shoot from 25 yards. Every single time they ballooned it high and well wide of the goal. I can remember at least 7. There were some poor crosses as you say as well, was nowt to do with the pitch though.

Excellent result and very good second half performance.

To be honest, when they scored I thought "here we go again" but we came back superbly.

To those who didn't go, you need to see Killer's goal. A forty yard screamer.

I was delighted for Macca who I thought played well and fully deserved his goal.

Now, lets hope we don't undo all the good work on Saturday!

Lol I was commenting on that at the game, saying let them shoot from 25 yards. Every single time they ballooned it high and well wide of the goal. I can remember at least 7. There were some poor crosses as you say as well, was nowt to do with the pitch though.

No, nothing wrong with pitch, good surface.

That right back and Guy were at it loads. How odd is the running of McCammon :blush:

Excellent result and very good second half performance.

To be honest, when they scored I thought "here we go again" but we came back superbly.

To those who didn't go, you need to see Killer's goal. A forty yard screamer.

I was delighted for Macca who I thought played well and fully deserved his goal.

Now, lets hope we don't undo all the good work on Saturday!

Was it a better goal than LH on Saturday ??

No, nothing wrong with pitch, good surface.

That right back and Guy were at it loads. How odd is the running of McCammon :blush:

Indeed McCammon was a strange footballer. Took his goal nicely but then didn't really seem to care that he'd netted!

No, it wasn't better than Hughes' goal on Satuday IMO but after the barron spell earlier in the season, we can't start being too picky :grin:

Great come back, two good goals, not a bad turnout either.

One thing i was dissappointed with was Dean Smalley, i thought he was really poor, looked really out of place, no movement, no forward thinking, passed the ball then stood a watched. In then end he became a little bit of a liability and his team mates were just playing around.

But saying that everyone is allowed a bad game and i am sure somebody will disagree with me.

When taylor got forward he was imense and worried the Donni back 4. But FFS he his not a left back.

[

When taylor got forward he was imense and worried the Donni back 4. But FFS he his not a left back.

Can remember last season/season before i think anyway it was against The Orient at home

CT was used as a left back then he was out of place even then !!!!!!! :angry:

Far better running at a defence and firing in a cross

Great come back, two good goals, not a bad turnout either.

One thing i was dissappointed with was Dean Smalley, i thought he was really poor, looked really out of place, no movement, no forward thinking, passed the ball then stood a watched. In then end he became a little bit of a liability and his team mates were just playing around.

But saying that everyone is allowed a bad game and i am sure somebody will disagree with me.

When taylor got forward he was immense and worried the Donni back 4. But FFS he his not a left back.

I'll gladly disagree there. Yes, he gave the ball away a few times but he also put in a lot of effort trying to win high balls forward from Crossley and he did have a few neat touches as well. He was heavily involved with one of our best spells of passing in the second half so I think it's unfair to single him out for criticism. One thing I would say is that he is a young player who has only broke into the team this year and I think that shows with his maturity on the ball. Sometimes he tries too many fancy flicks or goes for things that aren't really on when there are better more simpler options available. He definitely has ability just needs to mature mentally to improve his game to cut out the occasions when he gives the ball away cheaply.

oh dear Smalley was ok and played his part and as for Taylor not being a a left back in the two games he's played there this season he impressed me more than his usual position. Anyone care to disagree?

I agree to an extent that he hasn't done badly there but I don't still think he is better further forward. Defensively he is quite shakey so I don't think he is the first option at left back behind Bertrand, but he does get forward well when playing there. I think he benefits from not being doubled up on when he is left back. As a winger teams identify him as a player who can hurt them and when he get the ball the opposition winger quickly gets back to double up which has made it much more difficult for him. As a left back he isn't as easy to do this from as he is normally making the overlapping run and there isn't the time for the opposition winger to track back. I think though now that him and Bertrand have got a good understanding going they will have to worry about Bertrand as well and it will be a difficult duo to stop.

oh dear Smalley was ok and played his part and as for Taylor not being a a left back in the two games he's played there this season he impressed me more than his usual position. Anyone care to disagree?

I would. We looked dangerous towards the end of the first half and in the second half when Taylor attacked the full backs. Whilst the second half was brilliant, there was not enough width for the majority of the first and that's why our chances were limited to Macca's effort and Kilkenny's superb strike.

If I was Shez I would have given Black a go at LB, and let Tayls run at the defence from the start.

Eardley was superb, as were Crossley and Allott (aside from when he gave the ball away on the half way line which almost resulted in an equaliser). Apart from getting turned inside out cross for the Donny goal, Stam impressed as well tonight.

Edited by jsslatic

I'll gladly disagree there. Yes, he gave the ball away a few times but he also put in a lot of effort trying to win high balls forward from Crossley and he did have a few neat touches as well. He was heavily involved with one of our best spells of passing in the second half so I think it's unfair to single him out for criticism. One thing I would say is that he is a young player who has only broke into the team this year and I think that shows with his maturity on the ball. Sometimes he tries too many fancy flicks or goes for things that aren't really on when there are better more simpler options available. He definitely has ability just needs to mature mentally to improve his game to cut out the occasions when he gives the ball away cheaply.

Firstly I am not starting a witch hunt against the lad.

I am meerly pointing out that I thought he didn't do to well tonight. I find it quite interesting that different people who watched the same game can have totally different perceptions of how somebody played in the game. I thought he wasn't good tonight but others think he did OK, i also heard people commenting on how out of place he looked at times.

Yes the lad is still young and does look to have some protential in him, he needs to be shown the way forward by the coaching staff which i am sure he will be.

I also found it very funny in that for the best part of 5 Miles the motorway signs were telling people that the A628 (Woodhead Pass) was closed, and when we got to the A616/A628 roundabout people where still trying to get onto it, and were totally clueless as where to go when the realised they couldn't go that way. We ended up coming back through Holmfirth but others had no idea of how to get back.