Scott Spencer

Just following on from the news on JK that Spencer is now on trial with Yeovil.

See here

I appreciate at the time how much money we were offered and he had a fair amount of interest shown in him but it seems a shame it has turned out the way it seems to have for him.

It was only in the programme the other week Alessandra was saying how in a six week spell he didn't score for a while, Spencer kept knocking them in and before he knew it Spencer was sorted with Everton. Another one just snapped up by Prem teams eager to stop others getting their hands on him?

A Proven player alongside Lewis and Co, Why not bring him back?

I was thinking that a little bit myself. Their site says he got 20 goals for us that youth season but Alessandra I think got 20 last season at youth level and Smalley I read got 23. Very similar records albeit LA and DS's being a season after. I'm sure their records were comparable the season Spencer left too. Right time, right place for him maybe, I don't know. Just seems he was snapped up very quickly.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

A Proven player alongside Lewis and Co, Why not bring him back?

Sure Philiskirk and Shez would have been keeping tabs on him, and if he was worth bringing back both know enough about him to know if he is better than what we have now... always got told he was nothing particulalry special in comparison to the other lads, and that as has been said here, he was just at the right place at the right time when Oldhmas youth team were being watched week in, week out... as has been said, with Smalley, Wolfy and Allesandra all knocking on the door, the last thing we need is another youngster of a similar standard....

Now Danny Philiskirk I would be interested in seeing back here next year onwards - if only on loan....

... and finally, think Spencer may be hampered by that dodgy barnet... theres only room for one such haircut to be associated with oldham, and Sheridans_world has that spot in the bag! :grin:

I now know who you are!!

I was with you in the cue for the 2nd leg blackpool away playoff ticket cue... My dad cued for 1 hour then i joined the cue wilst he went to work! Also i added u on myspace n saw your picture lol.

:grin:

How can you not know who S_W is!

Oh sorry - I forgot how incredibly inconspicuous he is... with his appearing on TV, latics world, radio, wearing flourescent jackets and shouting through megaphones, becoming the focal point of everything latics... etc...!

However, its the haircut that gives him away every time! :wink:

Oh sorry - I forgot how incredibly inconspicuous he is... with his appearing on TV, latics world, radio, wearing flourescent jackets and shouting through megaphones, becoming the focal point of everything latics... etc...!

haha i cudnt make the march so didnt see him.

Guest sheridans_world

Still no signature shrine to me though is there?

Thought it would be a bit vain to do one myself :wink:

Hes crap I used to play with him couple of years ago hes just one of the lucky ones right place right time goalscorer. Defo not any better than Deano n Wolfenden. I used to play in same school team as Deane Smalley and he was miles above the rest whereas Scott Spencer just looked like any other player when I played with him. And hes a full on noob to go into the hat bit of a Mr Billy Big Balls. Same with the kid in our youth team Ashley Kelly also a :censored:

Hes crap I used to play with him couple of years ago hes just one of the lucky ones right place right time goalscorer. Defo not any better than Deano n Wolfenden. I used to play in same school team as Deane Smalley and he was miles above the rest whereas Scott Spencer just looked like any other player when I played with him. And hes a full on noob to go into the hat bit of a Mr Billy Big Balls. Same with the kid in our youth team Ashley Kelly also a :censored:

nice

Nice and probably full of :censored: to boot....

Im sure we wont be hearing the last of Scot Spencer. Good luck to him.

Look out for 15 year youth team striker Djenny Bembo - Leta, this is one gem Latics should hold on to and not sell before he's played in the first team.

To be honest, it depends on whether we get planning permission - otherwise £250k + 20% sell on would do very nicely! Not as simple as that with our budget unfortunately... :(

That must be a different Scott Spencer I saw play for the youth team. Always looked likely to score played well in every game I saw in the right place at the right time to score, not a bad habit. What number where you Youngen?

Sour grapes, i used to get like that everytime i had to watch Branston, iam definately better