The Boxing Thread.

Froch vs Groves II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? YOU DECIDE.

Heavyweight boxing, one punch can change everything.

That said, it didn't look like a big shot and Price's punch resistance is really going to hinder his progression.

Heavyweight boxing, one punch can change everything.

That said, it didn't look like a big shot and Price's punch resistance is really going to hinder his progression.

Indeed. You immediately draw parallels to someone like Khan - as Khan's chin was talked about in the amateurs just like Price's was - and wionder if his career will pan out similar.

BUT, whilst :censored: just got a lot tougher for Price as the rest of the division realised he has a big weakness, I still believe Price has some unbelievable power there that will blow away pretty much everyone in the division given the chance.

Is he clever enough to get close enough to his opponents to be able to use it without taking a big one himself ?

Edited by Yard Dog

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the fight but my brother said it was sickening seeing how badly Price's legs went. Apparently Frank Maloney is saying he ruptured his eardrum - as daft as it sounds, I hope that's what happened rather than plain inability to take a punch.

Caught him on the neck/ear.

Chin is a generic term for someone who can or can't take a punch (off a 20 stone man).

Jel;ly legs.

Wonder if Baxter is mates with Price. I know he is mates with Tony Bellew. Who in turn is good mates with Price.

I know, but is it fair to question someone's chin if they went down to a shot to the neck?

• 2 months later...

Got £40 on Audley Harrison tonight. £10 each on him to win by KO in either rounds, 2, 3, 4 or 5. Each at 40 or 50 to 1.

Sick value on him.

Khan fights too against Julio Diaz, and middleweight contender Martin Murray travels to Buenos Aires to fight THE middleweight champion of the world and p4p number 2 fighter in the world Sergio Martinez.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Yep, Murray was so close to achieving one of the greatest sporting feats by a British athlete in years, becoming the middleweight champion of the world, the first Englishman to win the crown since the 80s. He just ran out of steam and fell short, but a cracking effort, away in the champs backyard, in front of 50,000 Argies, not even Balboa felt that pressure in Moscow!

He deserved to win on points but Diaz really should have had him out of there. Khan was on Queer Street several times and if the other guy had more power and better stamina Khan wouldn't have lasted. Khan is done at top level, at 26 he's looking past it. He can't take a shot, leaves himself open with wild flurries, he'll be KO'd again soon.

Yep, there was no tangling of the feet, Murray hit Martinez, Martinez was retreating and might have lost balance, but it all came from the punch. Had that knock down been given Martinez would have still won by a point.

Thought so, the Murray non award looked like a home decision.

He gave the Premier Middleweight a scare, and if possible should be due another world title fight very soon.

Should have a decent British blast out at least with: Murray, Barker, Macklin and Lee all operating at similar levels.

Khan wanting to move up a weight is ridiculous. Everyone bigger than him he has fought he has been hurt.

Murray should fight Golovkin next after GGG sparks Macklin out. Murray would likely lose but he just pushed Martinez to the brink, he deserves another crack at a belt. He put up a better performance than Macklin or Barker did, and better than Andy Lee did against JCC, so he doesn't need to drop back down to domestic level yet.

Hoping FMJ gets tested tonight.

Does anyone else see Froch - Kessler 2 going same way as the first fight went ? I'm thinking Kessler will outwork him again..or possibly a draw.

Hope not as I am going.

Think Froch will have the edge on him this time. Froch looks top of his game and has made adjustments. Kessler is the same fighter he always has been (not a bad thing).

Should be a classic anyway.

Have a good 'un you two.

I'm not too bothered who wins...but have a feeling it will pan out similar to the first with Kessler being busier, more accurate, and winning on a decision.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bellew getting knocked the :censored: out though.

Have a good 'un you two.

I'm not too bothered who wins...but have a feeling it will pan out similar to the first with Kessler being busier, more accurate, and winning on a decision.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bellew getting knocked the :censored: out though.

I quite like Bellew. Always thought he was a dick but seen him talk a lot recently and he seems alright. Mates with Baxter too so he can't be all bad.

Would like to seem him and Cleverly again. Would like to see Cleverly against anyone who would test him really. Unlikely to see that while he is Warren's only remaining cash cow though.