The Boxing Thread.

Froch vs Groves II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? YOU DECIDE.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen Groves a few times and thought he looks good, but I can't see him beating Froch. He is fighting him at the wrong time as Froch is a much better fighter now than at any time in his career. If Groves was around 5 years ago, he would probably have won this.

That was embarrasing watching Groves the other night though........."Are you crying, are you okay?"........distinct lack or respect and I hope he gets punished for it.

As a boxer Groves is fantastic. He also has very heavy hands. Only question is his chin. Which will be where Froch gets to him. Will be a lot closer than people think. Groves could outbox Froch for 15 rounds but Froch could probably end it quicker.

Personally think Froch is too good at cutting the ring off for Groves to out box him.

Froch walked through Bute and Jermaine Taylor in the end. And Groves can been hurt by as seen in his fights against Anderson and DeGale. I really wouldn't even give a Groves a punchers chance, if he exchanges with Carl he'll come off miles worse and will get walked down if he boxes off the back foot.

And if anyone has 15 rounds stamina in this fight, it's definitely Froch.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Seen Groves a few times and thought he looks good, but I can't see him beating Froch. He is fighting him at the wrong time as Froch is a much better fighter now than at any time in his career. If Groves was around 5 years ago, he would probably have won this.

That was embarrasing watching Groves the other night though........."Are you crying, are you okay?"........distinct lack or respect and I hope he gets punished for it.

He needed to do it though. He needs to try and rattle Froch. If Froch comes in rattled he gives himself a chance. If Froch is calm and thinking straight it is going to be a tough nights work.

I don't want Degale to fight the winner. A really boring and negative counter puncher. Give me a Froch - Kessler toe to toe anyday.

• 2 weeks later...

The Haye v Fury fight is OFF.

Haye pulls out and has been medically advised to retire

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9029613/boxing-david-haye-may-be-forced-into-retirement-after-requiring-shoulder-surgery

Saw this cue idiots claiming he is dodging the fight.

He stood to make the best part of £5m win lose or draw, I don't think he would have pulled out.

He was very likely to win too.

Infinite respect for Groves after tonight, by far the classier boxer.

Odd stoppage as it was after a short barrage of punches where Groves had been swinging back, no control but you could say Froch was uncontrolled all night!!! Ideally, the best option for Groves would've been to go down as he had easily enough points but realistically obviously that was never going to happen.

Incredible domestic bout though. What happens next for Groves and Froch? Rematch or Froch to go for Ward, Kessler looks like he doesn't want it anymore.

Groves turns his back but the ref was already moving for the stoppage prior to that and by not using the proper stoppage technique he allows Froch to land a couple on Groves' ribs when Groves can't properly defend himself.

If the ref is going to stop it that quickly Froch should have been stopped earlier on several occasions. Groves was dominating the fight up to the stoppage and those 2 judges who had Groves only 1 point in front should never judge a fight again.

The final result reeks of a already arranged rematch, not a good night for Boxing, which is a pity as it was a very good fight until the stoppage.

Infinite respect for Groves after tonight, by far the classier boxer.

Odd stoppage as it was after a short barrage of punches where Groves had been swinging back, no control but you could say Froch was uncontrolled all night!!! Ideally, the best option for Groves would've been to go down as he had easily enough points but realistically obviously that was never going to happen.

Incredible domestic bout though. What happens next for Groves and Froch? Rematch or Froch to go for Ward, Kessler looks like he doesn't want it anymore.

They will fight again. They have to really. And I can\t see Froch saying no (unless Ward says yes) as Froch doesn't back down to anyone.

Froch would have won the fight. He would have gone on to stop him in that round or the next, but it shouldn't have been stopped when it did. But it was funny to see Groves stopped when he didn't deserve it - gobby little prick.

In the next fight, Froch will learn from him mistakes and beat him much more comfortably. And beat him properly (as in, he will be the better fighter).

Caught up in the whole furore of the stoppage it was revealed that 2 of the judges scored the fight with Groves just 1 round up on their cards.

They should be relieved that the fight didn't go the distance with that unbelievable scoring. I only had Froch with 2 rounds maximum up to that point and perhaps even losing a point for repeat offending...

Caught up in the whole furore of the stoppage it was revealed that 2 of the judges scored the fight with Groves just 1 round up on their cards.

They should be relieved that the fight didn't go the distance with that unbelievable scoring. I only had Froch with 2 rounds maximum up to that point and perhaps even losing a point for repeat offending...

Yeah thats absolute crap. Groves knocked him down in the first so he is automatically 2 rounds up to start. By the start of the 9th round, there is no way it was within 3 rounds of Froch, and thats being generous. Having said that though, I still think Froch would have knocked him out in the 10th if he didnt finish it in the 9th.

Froch might want the rematch but macracken the trainer will try is hardest to make froch avoid that fight. Because groves will be harder to beat and if froch thinks he wants another stab at ward who beat him with a broken hand he'll seriously be in trouble.

Groves might fancy it less than Froch though despite the public show.

Froch will take him much more seriously next time, there'll be no early knockdown and he'll just steamroller him from halfway as he was on the way to doing on Saturday.

There's no other fight for Groves as I don't think he's ranked high enough for a title shot with anyone else, is he?

Ward might see the possibility of his biggest available payday in jeopardy though and push for another meeting with Froch.

Yeah thats absolute crap. Groves knocked him down in the first so he is automatically 2 rounds up to start. By the start of the 9th round, there is no way it was within 3 rounds of Froch, and thats being generous. Having said that though, I still think Froch would have knocked him out in the 10th if he didnt finish it in the 9th.

I'd go along with that. No way was Groves only one up. He was finding his target with his punches, whereas Froch took an awful long time to find any rhythm at all.

Having said that, I think Froch was beginning to hurt Groves a few rounds before it was stopped. He was finally beginning to land his punches and, had the ref not stopped it when he did (too early), I think it was only a matter of time before Froch knocked him out.

w51r.jpg

There's a big difference between being outclassed, out-boxed and out-thought for 95% of a fight by a rookie world-level boxer and a fighter not taking somebody seriously.

If that's in reply to my post I said he'd take him MORE seriously next time, not that he didn't take him seriously at all this time round.

Even Groves' biggest supporters must have been surprised at just how good he was.

If that's in reply to my post I said he'd take him MORE seriously next time, not that he didn't take him seriously at all this time round.

Even Groves' biggest supporters must have been surprised at just how good he was.

He's only ever been 'bad' once in his pro career though against Anderson, even then he stopped him with some vicious shots.

I rate Groves always had. The quiet Groves from before the De Gale fight suits him more than the niggling nasty Groves in the build up to the Froch fight but this is boxing and the soap opera to sell a fight usual takes the form of a good vs a bad.

Groves was always going to be faster and I believe he hits harder than most in the division. The only question was his chin and the fact that he has gone the distance only twice before.

Stopped far too early for me. I feel for Groves being robbed of the chance to be a world champion and taking Froch's belt (yeah just the one, he is only the IBF champion, the other belt is pointless), however I feel worse for us who would have seen one of the most entertaining finishes to a fight if they had let it go on.