Barnsley Press Conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGRh4pHluPg

Make of it what you will.

LJ hopes to get a message out to all the Oldham fans, would go round each of our houses individually if he could and explain his reasons but basically he has taken us as far as he can with the resources available.

Mentions more than once about the change in the emergency loan system - I get the impression he thinks this will severely hamper the smaller teams in the league who depend on them the most, namely us.

He's taken us as far as he can on our resources....well he didn't try very hard and has taken the cowards route.

All season he's been harping on about top 2 and laterly play offs and now he's decided it can't be done!

Try telling that to Yeovil and Orient, his inexperience has been well and truly exposed of late and he's run out of ideas and took an easier route.

There's something sadly wrong when a team can play so well against the cream and yet struggle so badly against the bottom clubs.

One team one dream ......my arse.

Edited by oafc1955

"Take that club and progress it like we did"... Makes himself sound like he's worked miracles.

Dream job for someone Oldham. Expectations are so low that you can big-up two bottom half finishes.

Watched about 3 minutes. He sounds smarmy and twatty (as he always would've without rose tinted glasses). :censored: him.

Taken us as far as he can? We're 2 points off the :censored:ing playoffs how does he know where we would finish?!

Stay at Oldham, finish top 6 and be regarded as one of our best managers in recent years. Take us up and be a club legend (hate that word but hey ho).

Instead he has chosen to be at a club where he will not be appreciated one bit even with a promotion to the Championship.

Good riddance the little runt.

I watched all of 2 mins. The whole circus made me want to throw up. Not because we have lost our best manager in years, but the fact that he is a self opinionated snake, that I wouldn't trust with managing the running of my bath, let alone a football team!.

Edited by manshaw

What are you all blathering on about? In the time he was here, the club progressed but he felt he'd done all he could, wanted more money to spend and for himself (understandably) and so left. The £200k we got will have covered his and Tommy's wages for all the time they were here & now we move on. Incidentally, I've yet to see anyone venting their spleen at Tommy Wright in the same way they are at Johnson. Why is that?

Edited by Twisbrogan

What are you all blathering on about? In the time he was here, the club progressed but he felt he'd done all he could, wanted more money to spend and for himself (understandably) and so left. The £200k we got will have covered his and Tommy's wages for all the time they were here & now we move on. Incidentally, I've yet so see anyone venting their spleen at Tommy Wright in the same way they are at Johnson. Why is that?

Was Tommy all over Twitter and general media claiming his love and loyalty to our club? Must have missed that.

Was Tommy all over Twitter and general media claiming his love and loyalty to our club? Must have missed that.

Didn't you say you weren't going on Saturday because Dean Holden was in charge?

Maybe he is fond of the club, maybe he isn't. He apparently put a lot if hours in to try and build something & seemed to be actively trying to get the fans on board with that. How dare he.

Edited by Twisbrogan

Some of you have been watching this club a long time and you still react like a bitch when a player/manager leaves for somewhere else. You dont have to be happy but you would have though you would learn how the game works.

Players are released and managers are sacked every other week and many of you call for both to happen daily but when a player/manager moves on to try and better himself (up for debate if the move does that) you act like they :censored: on your chips.

You all talk about loyalty in football, how many of you threaten to tear up your tickets when we lose a game because you think we have a divine right to win and things should go exactly as you want becuase you pay your money. at least 2 have done exactly that in the alst few weeks, one in this thread.

You dont have to be happy at him moveing but you cant call for a players/ managers head one minute and then call hima turncoat the next.

A minority of fans boo every returning player to this club nowaday no matter what, it pathetic. we used to clap every returning player and be respectful. hell we used to clap the opposing keeper every game they played in front of the chaddy. Nowadays we bareley ge behind our own players.

so next time you threaten to tear up you season ticket please do us all a favour and do.

Rant over! good start to the day :comeon:

You're on the internet trying to make a point about love and loyalty for the club, posting as 'oafc_lover' decalring that you won't go whilst the new temporary coach is in charge. Bit early to get my head around that one.

I'm not trying to make any point. I couldn't care less if you read my posts or not truth be told (in the nicest possible way). But it's an open message board and we're all entitled to post as we please.

As I've said in a different threat, it's not so much the actual appointment of Holden and Locky, it's the way he said "foreseeable future" as though it will be a prolonged period of time.

This would be like giving up on our biggest chance of a playoff finish in years and as I'm not lucky enough to have a season ticket this year, im not prepared to pay £22 when my club aren't prepared to even try to be successful.

I'm not trying to make any point. I couldn't care less if you read my posts or not truth be told (in the nicest possible way). But it's an open message board and we're all entitled to post as we please.

As I've said in a different threat, it's not so much the actual appointment of Holden and Locky, it's the way he said "foreseeable future" as though it will be a prolonged period of time.

This would be like giving up on our biggest chance of a playoff finish in years and as I'm not lucky enough to have a season ticket this year, im not prepared to pay £22 when my club aren't prepared to even try to be successful.

I agree, he could have at least said it like a Pirate 'foreseeeARRRRRble futurARRRR'.

Enjoy your meltdown!

Re Tommy Wright - he was our coach under Shez and left at the end of the season when Dangerous Dave Penney took over, presumably because he did not fit within DP's plans and it was not his choice. So, as a coach, the club has got rid of him and now he's left of his own accord. In this fickle world of football, he's done nothing wrong.

Re Tommy Wright - he was our coach under Shez and left at the end of the season when Dangerous Dave Penney took over, presumably because he did not fit within DP's plans and it was not his choice. So, as a coach, the club has got rid of him and now he's left of his own accord. In this fickle world of football, he's done nothing wrong.

In this fickle world of football, no-one has done anything wrong. Just all football business.