Channel M Video On New Ground

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

resdients are just moaning arse nimbys...mountain out of a mole hill everytime...as for claiming to be fans...sod off....fans my arse...

Channel M are knobs...no mention that there claims about traffic were ruled out by EXPERTS....

Edited by oafc0000

[

Channel M are knobs...no mention that there claims about traffic were ruled out by EXPERTS..

Channel M are actually very good about Latics and to throw abuse is very unhelpful. Maybe they could, on this occasion, have made that point but it certainly doesn't make them knobs.

[

Channel M are knobs...no mention that there claims about traffic were ruled out by EXPERTS..

Channel M are actually very good about Latics and to throw abuse is very unhelpful. Maybe they could, on this occasion, have made that point but it certainly doesn't make them knobs.

Whatever...its poor reporting no matter which way you look at it.....

Edited by oafc0000

Channel M have done Latics loads of favours this Season. They had cameras at the Q&A; had a feature promoting Latique; one promoting the Cartering and loads of other stuff. The programme every week shows something from Latics and the one tonight showed Alan Hardy's interview regarding the Planning Approval with nothing from The Residents.

They also covered the March and showed a "totally biased" view in that it was all about Latics fans and not the Residents.

Criticism is unfair and suggests that some of our fans consider that views contrary to their own shouldn't be aired.

Channel M have done Latics loads of favours this Season. They had cameras at the Q&A; had a feature promoting Latique; one promoting the Cartering and loads of other stuff. The programme every week shows something from Latics and the one tonight showed Alan Hardy's interview regarding the Planning Approval with nothing from The Residents.

They also covered the March and showed a "totally biased" view in that it was all about Latics fans and not the Residents.

Criticism is unfair and suggests that some of our fans consider that views contrary to their own shouldn't be aired.

Like i said....piss poor reporting....if they do a unbalanced report thats just poor....no matter if it is for or against us.....every report they do should be balanced...and you should do one for one day and one against another...that isnt being balanced....thats called :censored: stairing....

Your last line is a snap judgement....based on no evidence by the way!

Channel M need to present both side in every report they do. They didnt do that here. The residents concerns have been overuled by the planning experts and now the council...this wasnt said...

Edited by oafc0000

Like i said....piss poor reporting....if they do a unbalanced report thats just poor....no matter if it is for or against us.....every report they do should be balanced...and you should do one for one day and one against another...that isnt being balanced....thats called :censored: stairing....

Your last line is a snap judgement....based on no evidence by the way!

Channel M need to present both side in every report they do. They didnt do that here. The residents concerns have been overuled by the planning experts and now the council...this wasnt said...

No they don't have to report both sides of the story particularly when doing features. Even Newsnight stops well short of that.

My point regarding the Broadcast that you are complaining about is that it hears from Residents and then interviews Hardy. It isn't any News Channels job to correct the views expressed by people be they Residents or Club Officials. You seem to think that the Residents interviewed should have produced a Season Ticket to prove they were fans and also that the interviewer should have pointed out the Council were happy with the Traffic Reports.

If I got the wrong impression that you are happy to listen to both sides of the argument then I apologise.

resdients are just moaning arse nimbys...mountain out of a mole hill everytime...as for claiming to be fans...sod off....fans my arse...

Channel M are knobs...no mention that there claims about traffic were ruled out by EXPERTS....

If I got the wrong impression that you are happy to listen to both sides of the argument then I apologise.

Good

No they don't have to report both sides of the story particularly when doing features. Even Newsnight stops well short of that.

They do if they want to be seen to being fair to both side...and thats my complaint...they havent been fair here...just alot of emotional bull

You seem to think that the Residents interviewed should have produced a Season Ticket to prove they were fans and also that the interviewer should have pointed out the Council were happy with the Traffic Reports.

You love to put word into peoples mouths dont you! Although I wonder if they could produce a season ticket...these massive fans....

Any fan who dosent want this to happen is either thick, dosent want a club to support or is putting there own needs ahead what is best for the club and the town. It was the comment of "even some of oldham athletic die hard supporters have some reservations about what is going to happen here" that really got to me. Im sorry but any "die hard" support clearly must see that this development is ESSENTIAL to secure our future. If this women is against it, i question if she is acutally a "die hard" and just putting here own selfish thoughts ahead of what is good for the club and the town. Traffic experts says there wont be a problem, and the view out of her window will be better than seeing a :censored:ty ground. God these people are getting on my nerves.

I do wonder inspiral what your thoughts would of been if a similar "feature" had appeared in the chron, MEN or the BBC.....

Edited by oafc0000

"i want the ground to go ahead but its just the sheer size of everything"....

God how backward is the average oldhamer....jesus....

People would rather have a :censored:ty dirt track car park and a crumbling stadium rather than nice apartments, shinny ground etc etc....

in ten years time people will wonder what all the fuss was about....cant let these backward people stop the town from moving forward...

Change ??? We dont do change in Oldham!!! *bang head against brick wall*

Edited by oafc0000

Hiya chaps

I produce the hour long football show & try to cover Latics most weeks as Inspiral said - whether it be a reserve match, player interview, Latique feature, protest march etc.

Channel M news is a very different beast located in a different building. They will have picked up on the story because of the residents issues. The reporter had very little 'sport' knowledge. It is annoying as they failed to cover the protest march when the initial bid was turned down.

However, a few episodes ago our football show gave about 4 minutes of coverage to the march and fell heavily on the side of the club.

Please don't let the Ch M news angle put you off watching our soccer show. Especially if you enjoy watching the likes of Mossley, Curzon Ashton & Woodley Sports!

Hiya chaps

I produce the hour long football show & try to cover Latics most weeks as Inspiral said - whether it be a reserve match, player interview, Latique feature, protest march etc.

Channel M news is a very different beast located in a different building. They will have picked up on the story because of the residents issues. The reporter had very little 'sport' knowledge. It is annoying as they failed to cover the protest march when the initial bid was turned down.

However, a few episodes ago our football show gave about 4 minutes of coverage to the march and fell heavily on the side of the club.

Please don't let the Ch M news angle put you off watching our soccer show. Especially if you enjoy watching the likes of Mossley, Curzon Ashton & Woodley Sports!

some people want change and some people dont,and you cant take that away from them as its there democratic right to air there personal opinion,after all that is what you are doing isnt it oafc0000.

you say god,would they rather live next to a :censored:ty dirt carpark or a state of the art development,and that you think there view of the sheer size of it all is pathetic.

well have you ever thought of it like this....at present they have a :censored:ty dirt carpark and horrible view,but they are used to that,they are also used to the fact that normally there is only 1 game a week,2 if its busy.

but when this is fully finished there is going to be constant noise traffic and activity around there houses 7 days a week,the fact that in summer if they want to sunbathe in there back garden they are going to be overlooked by someone either looking out of an 8 storey window or hotel room.

you dont live in oldham anymore or live near the ground,so it doesnt affect you,until you go to games and want to park or have to queue to get in.

the vast majority of people are pleased this is going ahead,but you cant moan and whinge about those that dont,just like you cant whinge at "die hard fans" who have a different opinion of the development than you.

some people want change and some people dont,and you cant take that away from them as its there democratic right to air there personal opinion,after all that is what you are doing isnt it oafc0000.

you say god,would they rather live next to a :censored:ty dirt carpark or a state of the art development,and that you think there view of the sheer size of it all is pathetic.

well have you ever thought of it like this....at present they have a :censored:ty dirt carpark and horrible view,but they are used to that,they are also used to the fact that normally there is only 1 game a week,2 if its busy.

but when this is fully finished there is going to be constant noise traffic and activity around there houses 7 days a week,the fact that in summer if they want to sunbathe in there back garden they are going to be overlooked by someone either looking out of an 8 storey window or hotel room.

you dont live in oldham anymore or live near the ground,so it doesnt affect you,until you go to games and want to park or have to queue to get in.

the vast majority of people are pleased this is going ahead,but you cant moan and whinge about those that dont,just like you cant whinge at "die hard fans" who have a different opinion of the development than you.

ed I find your comments disgusting

1 I never said the residents plight shouldn't of been highlighted. I'm just saying it should be done in a balanced way. with the situation explained properly.

2. I left oldham three weeks ago because I felt the town had nothing to offer my future family. poor schools, lack of employment no vision. I left behind my close family. who I care for deeply. l left a town I still care for deeply. I never wanted to go. to say its nothing to do with me and dosent effect me is a very uneducated and nasty view point. But that's typical of you. made myself and the rest of the exiles shouldn't of btohered writing all those emails last week if its nothing to do with us. your narrow minded mate.

pe

3. my feelings on what die hards should think is my opinion but I stand by it. your not a die hard if your against the development. if your a fan and against your an idiot.

4. you say I can't moan and whine but isn't that my democratic right ? your words

I think you should read my posts properly. I don't put words in peoples mouths.

Edited by oafc0000

Hiya chaps

That was a very polite response considering some of the comments posted. I admire your honesty and 'dedication' to your company. I know some quite important people in Channel M (and their daughters - one who works there too). Good job. Now, more Oldham please ;)

ed I find your comments disgusting

2. I left oldham three weeks ago because I felt the town had nothing to offer my future family. poor schools, lack of employment no vision. I left behind my close family. who I care for deeply. l left a town I still care for deeply. I never wanted to go. to say its nothing to do with me and dosent effect me is a very uneducated and nasty view point. But that's typical of you. made myself and the rest of the exiles shouldn't of btohered writing all those emails last week if its nothing to do with us. your narrow minded mate.

pe

Sure Oldham doesn't have the most visionary council, and, in parts, the borough could be described as deprived/run-down etc, but tell me the name of a northern town/city that isn't.

There's some 'bad' schools in Oldham, but there are plenty of good schools located in the borough, from Grammar schools to 'church' schools, to well-performing comprehensives. There's also Oldham Sixth Form College which punches well above is weight when you compare it to other sixth form colleges located in areas similar to the Oldham area. There's Oldham College which offers a massive range of courses, and of course the Oldham campus of Huddersfield University which although quite small, will inevitable grow and become more prestigious once it moves to a bigger campus. There are plenty of people come from all the neighbouring boroughs to be schooled/educated in the Oldham area.

As for employment opportunities, Oldham doesn't fare greatly compared to other towns in the country, and the average wage is very low - but if you have a bit of something about you just get on a bus to Manchester, Stockport, or the new business park in Rochdale, or even drive to Leeds and Lancashire - there are so many opportunities within easy commuting distance. Outside of London and the South East, you'll be hard pressed to find a better base than Oldham for exploring employment opportunities with easy commuting distance.

oafc0000, I think you, like many others, are falling into the trap of taking cheap shots at Oldham. Either that or you've not explained your reasons for leaving properly.

Please tell me the name of this great place you have moved to.

Edited by Yard Dog

Sure Oldham doesn't have the most visionary council, and, in parts, the borough could be described as deprived/run-down etc, but tell me the name of a northern town/city that isn't.

There's some 'bad' schools in Oldham, but there are plenty of good schools located in the borough, from Grammar schools to 'church' schools, to well-performing comprehensives. There's also Oldham Sixth Form College which punches well above is weight when you compare it to other sixth form colleges located in areas similar to the Oldham area. There's Oldham College which offers a massive range of courses, and of course the Oldham campus of Huddersfield University which although quite small, will inevitable grow and become more prestigious once it moves to a bigger campus. There are plenty of people come from all the neighbouring boroughs to be schooled/educated in the Oldham area.

As for employment opportunities, Oldham doesn't fare greatly compared to other towns in the country, and the average wage is very low - but if you have a bit of something about you just get on a bus to Manchester, Stockport, or the new business park in Rochdale, or even drive to Leeds and Lancashire - there are so many opportunities within easy commuting distance. Outside of London and the South East, you'll be hard pressed to find a better base than Oldham for exploring employment opportunities with easy commuting distance.

oafc0000, I think you, like many others, are falling into the trap of taking cheap shots at Oldham. Either that or you've not explained your reasons for leaving properly.

Please tell me the name of this great place you have moved to.

Except you are better placed if you live in Manchester, Stockport Leeds Etc and the council tax is cheaper elsewhere.

Except you are better placed if you live in Manchester, Stockport Leeds Etc and the council tax is cheaper elsewhere.

Here we go, another Oldham knocker. Took you ages to think of that didn't it. ZZZzzzzz.

These people who continually knock this town get right up my noses.

Here we go, another Oldham knocker. Took you ages to think of that didn't it. ZZZzzzzz.

These people who continually knock this town get right up my noses.

now whos putting words in whos mouth.

i have never said i was against the development,far from it.the stadium should of been updated years ago for the good of the club and its fans.

see you go galloping off at such a tangent you end up falling over that bottom lip of yours evry time somebody questions the validity of your thoughts.....and god help those that dont fall into line and back your view.

you cant go round saying any oldham fan who doesnt want this is stupid,just like you cant call the people who live in the surrounding area stupid for not wanting it.

i was trying to put across a point of view that you remain blinkered too.

now just suppose next week your new council decides to sell of the land behind your home,and they sell it to a developer who is going to create something that will mean noise for 20 hours a day,an increase in traffic and something thats not asthetically pleasing to the eye,meaning everytime you go into your back garden you just cant relax or enjoy your surroundings anymore.....would you be in favour or against it.

to call my reply disgusting is a bit of a cheek coming from somebody like you,especially as you have the gaul to have a go at an organisation that gives us more media coverage than we deserve by calling them kn-obs.

at the end of the day you have left oldham behind now because in your opinion it is a decaying rotting town that no longer offers you what you desire. wonder how long it will be before you dump us altogether for a supposedly better club.

now whos putting words in whos mouth.

i have never said i was against the development,far from it.the stadium should of been updated years ago for the good of the club and its fans.

see you go galloping off at such a tangent you end up falling over that bottom lip of yours evry time somebody questions the validity of your thoughts.....and god help those that dont fall into line and back your view.

you cant go round saying any oldham fan who doesnt want this is stupid,just like you cant call the people who live in the surrounding area stupid for not wanting it.

i was trying to put across a point of view that you remain blinkered too.

now just suppose next week your new council decides to sell of the land behind your home,and they sell it to a developer who is going to create something that will mean noise for 20 hours a day,an increase in traffic and something thats not asthetically pleasing to the eye,meaning everytime you go into your back garden you just cant relax or enjoy your surroundings anymore.....would you be in favour or against it.

to call my reply disgusting is a bit of a cheek coming from somebody like you,especially as you have the gaul to have a go at an organisation that gives us more media coverage than we deserve by calling them kn-obs.

at the end of the day you have left oldham behind now because in your opinion it is a decaying rotting town that no longer offers you what you desire. wonder how long it will be before you dump us altogether for a supposedly better club.

dear me ed....

leave oafc for a better club?

you and me have never seen eye to eye but for you to say that to me is even more disgusting than your first petty comment about me leaving the town.

I worked hard the last couple of weeks to safe guard the future of this club. everytime this club has been in the :censored: I have worked my socks off to save it. including carrying begging buckets etc. how much did you do? cause I don't remember your ugly mug doing that!

To question my loyaty sums you up....

By the way...have you started returning to bp to watch latics or are you still staying away....last time we spoke you couldn't make the games.....mr die hard ....mr loyal....

by the way if you didn't know the very good sports departmnet is separate from the piss poor news department is was having a pop at...

Edited by oafc0000

dear me ed....

leave oafc for a better club?

you and me have never seen eye to eye but for you to say that to me is even more disgusting than your first petty comment about me leaving the town.

I worked hard the last couple of weeks to safe guard the future of this club. everytime this club has been in the :censored: I have worked my socks off to save it. including carrying begging buckets etc. how much did you do? cause I don't remember your ugly mug doing that!

To question my loyaty sums you up....

By the way...have you started returning to bp to watch latics or are you still staying away....last time we spoke you couldn't make the games.....mr die hard ....mr loyal....

so my reply to as to why people may not want this has now transcended into another of your name calling catfights has it.

yes your quite right,me and you havent seen eye to eye over the years,but that hasnt stopped me posting my thoughts and opinions just like you.

we have all done our fair share over the years to help keep latics afloat in one way or another.

that has been evident recently with the email campaign against the councillors of the planning comittee.

for your information i havent had employment since october but that hasnt stopped me going to bp.and wont stop me in the future either.

just because i dont have a season ticket doesnt mean im not a fan(here we go again)

get over it and just admit that people have differing views to your own,and that you dont have to go around having a go at anybody if they dont agree.....ask a member of your family for some anger management classes for christmas.

so my reply to as to why people may not want this has now transcended into another of your name calling catfights has it.

yes your quite right,me and you havent seen eye to eye over the years,but that hasnt stopped me posting my thoughts and opinions just like you.

we have all done our fair share over the years to help keep latics afloat in one way or another.

that has been evident recently with the email campaign against the councillors of the planning comittee.

for your information i havent had employment since october but that hasnt stopped me going to bp.and wont stop me in the future either.

just because i dont have a season ticket doesnt mean im not a fan(here we go again)

get over it and just admit that people have differing views to your own,and that you dont have to go around having a go at anybody if they dont agree.....ask a member of your family for some anger management classes for christmas.

by the way if you didn't know the very good sports departmnet is separate from the piss poor news department is was having a pop at...

This post has been edited by oafc0000: Today, 19:49 PM

my my,look at that,you edited your post 6 mins after posting it,and yes i do know that the two are seperate have done for a couple of weeks,unfortunately you didnt when you posted it,now point trying to back track now and paint me in the bad light.

get a life.