• Hughes
    • Davies

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

????????

Special praise to Smalley, Lomax, Hazell and Stam for me.

Crossley also had a sound game apart from one dodgy right foot clearance (why did he not just kick for touch rather than distance knowing he was on his weaker foot) and one time he punched rather than caught a cross.

McDonald and Allott also did very well

JP kalala for me. He was everywhere. Ruben was superb as well. Could have gone to anyone of them tbh though, great TEAM display.

Stam for me - although second half I thought kalala was outstanding. His first half performace wasn't quite as good and stam carried it through 90 mins.

i would have to say lee hughes

There's a lot to be said for that. We are all looking at the defence aspect of Kalala, Hazell, Stam etc, but the workrate of Hughes (and Davies) eased the pressure hugely. He was very clever in winning us corners and throw ins and keeping the play in their half

People and Sunday Mirror both gave MoM to Gary Mac. Talksport's Beaky Beacroft said that JP was the best player on the park. A couple of other papers I read gave it to Lomax.

IMO, had to be Lee Hughes. I'd really really dislike him if he played for another team - he battled for absoultely everything. Summed it up towards the end, where he won two corners from absolutely nothing by badgering their defenders. Won a fair bit in the air, although it is difficult to pick any of them, with so many good performers.

Everton's MoM was AJ, he stood out a mile from the rest of their team.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Like it's been said on here, every single one of them played absolutely brilliantly, but I think Hazell would be my MOTM.

Special mention to Lomax though cos it must take quite a player to come back from playing League Two football, be a benchwarmer for a couple of matches and then straight away go on to play a blinder against a Premier League squad

every single one stood tall and battled away - they all deserve it. Agree about Hughes - battled and fought as hard as anyone and helped us retain possession and gain throw-ins time and time again - also by staying upfield he gave us an outlet to relieve the pressure rather than get all men behind the ball and invite pressure on us- same with Davies too ! Havin said that, Gary Mac MOM for me for obvious reason !!!