Fire sale starts at Luton

This sounds absolutely desperate. 5 players sold in a day and offers being considered for 3 more. I don't see how they can stay up at this rate. At least it happened to us pre season and if memory serves we didn't have the transfer window so could strengthen as the season progressed. They could be without a team by the end of jan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...own/7181317.stm

Edited by astottie

I hate to be cruel... but why in the hell are we not looking at these players!?

The behaviour of some clubs while taking are players for little or no money was disgusting and left a bad taste in my mouth. Unless we are going to give them the going rate we shouldnt be looking at these players.

The behaviour of Motherwell taking Porter for no money from us really was under the belt move... Small clubs kicking each other in the balls instead of looking after each other...

Edited by oafc0000

The behaviour of some clubs while taking are players for little or no money was disgusting and left a bad taste in my mouth. Unless we are going to give them the going rate we shouldnt be looking at these players.

The behaviour of Motherwell taking Porter for no money from us really was under the belt move... Small clubs kicking each other in the balls instead of looking after each other...

It's a dog eat dog world. Goodall is worth a punt.

Business is Business. And as much as you don't like it - football is a business these days!

No real problem with Motherwell, it was Porter that did the dirty. A move which I still can't understand bearing in mind the other options available.

It's a dog eat dog world. Goodall is worth a punt.

Bell was the one that impressed me when we played them, able to play on either wing. I don't know their players that well but the fee for Edwards from Wolves seems reasonable as they only got him in the summer I think.

Dog eat dog ..... Thats Business. ....

Personally not happy to play a part in the destruction of a fellow football club....im disappointed some of you lot are....

Easy to forget what the Luton fans are going through right now....

Okay then, let's not. We either miss out on players which would strengthen our team and in the process other teams around us are strengthened. Or Luton go under even quicker as a winding up order is brought into process by someone thinking no money is coming forward.

Whichever way you look at it, Luton are in trouble. Buying no one will not help them. Buying someone/removing a wage might (a little). It's about buying time now at luton - rather than straight forward finances I'm afraid.

Personally not happy to play a part in the destruction of a fellow football club....im disappointed some of you lot are....

If we don't our rivals will, those players are going. We can't always be the nice guys, we've been in this division for 9 seasons now? whilst the likes of Blackpool, Colchester and Scunthorpe are in The Championship.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

As unsavoury as it might seem the same was done to us, I know two wrongs don't make a right but somebody will come and get them, it might as well be us

I think they have a couple of players that should be raising our interest.

Clubs did the same to us when we were in trouble and the same happened to Leeds.

It also happens when teams are relegated, should other clubs not buy players then?

Just because it happened to us and other clubs dosent make it right.....

There is a different taking a good player from a side that has been relegated...agreeing a deal with the club....

Its comletly different to take a good player from a club at a massivly cut press because they are dieing on there arses. Its putting the knife in to be frank! You must be able to see the difference!

the players are not being paid and if they dont sell they go under sooner rather than later. i hated it when it happened to latics but it is a business, this may help the stall the inevitable.

besides they have sold 2 of their players for far more than any we sold during that period

...well I suppose your all right....if where alright thats ok then....

this thread is only going to get me angry....going to walk away from it...

I have a lot of respect for your point of view. I consider myself a moral person, but the fact of life in business is drawing a line in the sand. We're not killing babies in Africa for Milk Money, we're acting in the best interest of our business. That may not be great news for the Luton fans, but as other have said these players will leave or the wage bill at Luton will be too big anyway!

It's not nice, it's real life!

the players are not being paid and if they dont sell they go under sooner rather than later. i hated it when it happened to latics but it is a business, this may help the stall the inevitable.

besides they have sold 2 of their players for far more than any we sold during that period

They paid the players yesterday/today didn't they, so that they wouldn't become free agents and they could, err, sell them. Like they are doing now.

There is a different taking a good player from a side that has been relegated...agreeing a deal with the club....

Its comletly different to take a good player from a club at a massivly cut press because they are dieing on there arses. Its putting the knife in to be frank! You must be able to see the difference!

Just as it was with us, people are missing the point that the bankrupt club NEEDS to get rid of the players from it’s wage bill – players who insist on staying are really doing the worst possible thing to the club that they could. If the unplanned nature of it means they go for less, that’s life – you might only take a player for a smaller fee on short notice than you would have been willing to pay if he had been a part of your planned buys in the window. The player has an awful lot of power in this situation don’t forget, weren’t Everton willing to pay way more for Fitz than we ended up letting him go for?

I agree and I also thought it was out of order when it happened to us. I think we can all understand what the Luton fans are going through. However if it isn't us who is buying their players then it will be somebody else, unfortunatly as much as people don't like it, it is going to happen anyway. So why should it not be us being ruthless for once.

This has been coming for a long while IMO, all these clubs that go into administrator and are then saved at the last minute, sooner or later one isn't going to be saved at the last minute and it is going to go to the wall (be a dark day for football when it happens). But once one goes i can see one or two more going the same way.

Unfortunately it's sell or die like it was when we were in the same position. Luton will understand that clubs will now pillage their assets, and will be hoping that a saviour (or three!) arrives before the money stops coming in.

We can only hope they survive for the good of football. The annoying thing is, people like Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briartore are playing at owning football clubs with the bigger clubs like QPR when their billions would be far more use and appreciated if they were pumped into a few lower league clubs, after all, it's pocket money to them but a lifeline to small clubs and their players and families.