Back Four Saturday

Well, who's it gonna be??

Lomax - Blinder last week, can't drop the lad from left back

Hazell - Fantastic at right back vs Leeds and outstanding in the middle vs Everton

Stam - Getting stronger by the game

Eardley - Good defender and captain at the mo

Trotman - Best prospect for years

I'd drop Eardley and move Ruben to right back, tough decision for Shez!!!

Well, who's it gonna be??

Lomax - Blinder last week, can't drop the lad from left back

Hazell - Fantastic at right back vs Leeds and outstanding in the middle vs Everton

Stam - Getting stronger by the game

Eardley - Good defender and captain at the mo

Trotman - Best prospect for years

I'd drop Eardley and move Ruben to right back, tough decision for Shez!!!

not one of them deserves to be dropped at the moment , very tough

and i appreciate what you are saying, but when eardly came into the team he was our best prospect for years, he is now a full international and a very steady player.

just wondering what everyones reaction will be when trotman hits a bad patch, he has only played a handfull of games and is very young.

not one of them deserves to be dropped at the moment , very tough

and i appreciate what you are saying, but when eardly came into the team he was our best prospect for years, he is now a full international and a very steady player.

just wondering what everyones reaction will be when trotman hits a bad patch, he has only played a handfull of games and is very young.

Never rated Eardley, too inconsistent and his distribution is woeful!

Players like Trotman are heart and soul, they don't have bad patches!!!

Never rated Eardley, too inconsistent and his distribution is woeful!

Players like Trotman are heart and soul, they don't have bad patches!!!

that is the biggest pile of s**t i have heard today.

i like trotters a lot, dont get me wrong, but to say he wont have a bad patch is rubbish, his distribution is not up to standard either, (eardleys is better)

i agree eardley has not been as consistent as he could be but both him and trotman are learning the game at this level.and they are bound to run into some poor form at one time or another

you sound like the sort of fan that thinks if they run all day and put in effort they are good enough, thank god shez doesnt think like that because if he did we be in this division for another 10 years.

thats why people like warne were released, great effort but not good enough

that is the biggest pile of s**t i have heard today.

i like trotters a lot, dont get me wrong, but to say he wont have a bad patch is rubbish, his distribution is not up to standard either, (eardleys is better)

i agree eardley has not been as consistent as he could be but both him and trotman are learning the game at this level.and they are bound to run into some poor form at one time or another

you sound like the sort of fan that thinks if they run all day and put in effort they are good enough, thank god shez doesnt think like that because if he did we be in this division for another 10 years.

thats why people like warne were released, great effort but not good enough

:censored: me, i bow to your superior knowledge of the game, that's me in my place!!!!

Why don't we just play all five of them? Taylor, McDonald and Allott in midfield, Hughes and Davies upfront? Gets Lomax and Eardley going forward, both seem comfortable on the ball and it might do us good to try something different at home, something the away side might not have planned for?

Why don't we just play all five of them? Taylor, McDonald and Allott in midfield, Hughes and Davies upfront? Gets Lomax and Eardley going forward, both seem comfortable on the ball and it might do us good to try something different at home, something the away side might not have planned for?

where does smalley fit in, getting better every game and played well against everton.

i personallywould leave things exactly as they were saturday

where does smalley fit in, getting better every game and played well against everton.

i personallywould leave things exactly as they were saturday

Same here.

It'd knock you're confidence a fair bit to be in the winning side against Everton and then straight away be dropped against Brighton, if it were me I'd be well gutted!

It's a tough, tough choice. I'd be tempted not to change, I think. Having said that, Trotman's been our best player recently. If I was going to change the back four, Stam would miss out for me.

But I think, whilst it's unfortunate for Trotters, I'd stick with last week's back four. Trotters'll be ready to step in when ever we need him.

we beat 6th in the premiership on saturday, keeping a clean sheet as a remi...why change anything??

We won 7 aways in a row, but haven't won in league at home since September! What we have learnt is that a brilliant away performance doesn't automatically translate into the same at home. Probably to do with the negative, defensive tactics visiting teams adopt by having 10 men behind the ball. We must find a way of breaking down overcrowded midfield and massed defence. The last two teams to visit BP - Forest and Walsall - tried to nullify our wing play by having two men patrolling each wing and crowding us out upfield. We need a creative playmaker in the middle who can put through defence-splitting passes - like Wellens last season. We want defenders who are willing to attack, but not put in an early, ieefective cross like Eardley but like Lomax who is comfortable on the ball and play to the feet, as he did for the winner against Everton. So I'd leave Lomax on left, Stam and Trott in the centre and Hazell on the right.

So Lomax after 1 game, looks more comfortable on the ball than Eardley? :unsure: and ok Hazell scored a wonder goal at Leeds.. but are we also saying he gives us more attacking options than Eardley after a couple of performances at full back? :unsure:

And whilst we continue to change the team and concentrate on breaking their midfield/back four down - Brighton break and do what so many teams have done at bp this season and sneak a goal, leaving ice station zebra with a win.

I don't think teams have necessarily had to come here either this seasoin with 10 men behind the ball, as generally as a team (not just Eardley!!), our performances at home haven't been to clever.

Keep the same side that that made so many smile on saturday!! :chubb:

You cant change a team that defended so heroicly and kept a clean sheet at Everton in the manner they did.

Trotman on the bench, even though he's our biggest threat from aerial set peices and hasnt had a bad game himself. It's a good decision for Shez to have to make and make's a change from wondering if we can even scrape a back four together.

Bring Stam off midway through the 2nd half to give Trotters a chance to stake a claim back. I just dont see how you can change a side that won and kept a clean sheet at Everton myself - whomever it means leaving out. The confidence those 11 have from last week will be sky high. Why deflate one of them's a touch by saying "oh, so and so's back now....i'm sorry." - You may as well just grab them by the balls and say they're not good enough but thanks for your services at Everton.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Trotman on the bench, you can't drop anyone after last week. Even though some of his bookings were harsh and some were for professional fouls that saved us it will do him good to be benched. If he learns when to get booked and cut out the silly ones he will develop into an even better player.

Plus might spur Stam and Hazell on to better things thinking that he is on the bench, if they cock up they are off. Send him to warm up if they drop a minor clanger, should keep them on the straight and narrow. Nowt wrong with having good options at the back.

Any four from five or six really (if we include the option of Taylor at LB).

Great problem for Shez to have.

If all are fit, I would start with the four that started versus Everton. As mentioned, Trotman should understand.

Re Eardley, it's interesting how varied people's views are of him. I think he's better than even some of his supporters think he is. He's 19 right? I predict he'll be a Premiership regular by his 23rd birthday. Possibly sooner.

good thinking but l think hazell stam eardley and lomax this looks like a good defence to me. Nice to see Trotman doing well this season. Last season nobody would have givern him a chance but now look at him. We have a very young side which looks like one for the future but l think that we need a bit of experience to guide and demand our team victory.

Edited by spadam