Alan Shearer - complete turd

I thought you meant that he should have played at full back rather than centre forward.

Although he's a bit boring, I think you underestimate Shearer the Striker. It'll be a long time before we see his like again. He might have gotten a bit sluggish as the years went by, but he knew how to hit a ball and where the goal was. (Unlike little Mickey "owen" on both counts.)

Personally, I think he'd be a great newcastle manager.

I’m not disputing for a second that Shearer was a great player, fit almost to be mentioned in the same paragraph, although not the same breathe, as Michael Owen. I still maintain that he is a turd though. I would quite like to see him in the Newcastle job just because it will be sooo funny when his loyal fans finally decide to turn on him. He will have a better chance than most in the job, purely because he won’t be there in the shadows to stick knives in his back.

Typical english centre forward. Never liked his tactics. He was all elbows and headbutts. Got to admire his goal to game ratio though. He was a real handful to play against I would imagine.

Alan Shearer. Premiership Games: 344 Premiership Goals: 221 Number of games taken to reach 100 Premiership goals: 124. Most recent info I could find.

Typical english centre forward. Never liked his tactics. He was all elbows and headbutts. Got to admire his goal to game ratio though. He was a real handful to play against I would imagine.

Alan Shearer. Premiership Games: 344 Premiership Goals: 221 Number of games taken to reach 100 Premiership goals: 124. Most recent info I could find.

Love him or hate him you can't argue with them stats.

IMO the best striker England has ever produced and totally different class to Owen.

I find it amazing how people can question either Shearer or Owen.... Both proven goal machines..... Both records to die for....

Owen pips it for me because he is more useful at European / International level... As pointed out, Shearer is all elbows and headbutts....which is fine for the premiership but dosent wash in euro / international football....

I find it amazing how people can question either Shearer or Owen.... Both proven goal machines..... Both records to die for....

Owen pips it for me because he is more useful at European / International level... As pointed out, Shearer is all elbows and headbutts....which is fine for the premiership but dosent wash in euro / international football....

i always though gary linekar was a decent striker,and although he is welsh mark hughes.

yes you cant argue with there stats,but doesnt mean you have to like them as a person.lol

Where's Mickey's medals?

Has he ever kicked a ball the same way twice?

What you are you on about?

Anyone who doesn't rate Michael Owen has no idea what they are talking about. If it wasn't for his injuries he would be regarded as one of the best strikers England has ever produced (if not THE best). He would have already broken the record for record goals in competetive internationals by the time he was 25 and nobody would be questioning his ability. He has probably missed about 2 years worth of football if not more through his injury problems and lost some of his pace and yet he is 26 (?) and is already one of the countries highest ever scorers at international level. He has also done it consistently for whatever club he has been at including Madrid where he was forced to be a bit part player and still shined. What more do you want?

I didn't think all the much of him, just thought he was a good striker , but then I saw Blackburn v Newcastle a couple fo years back. It was one of his first games for them and he was awesome. Scored 2 and had it not been for Newcastles terrible midfield, he would have got a hatful. Always on the shoulder of the last defender timing his runs to perfection, without doubt the best performance I have seen from a forward (can't compare to games you see on TV because you miss so much of what players are doing off camera). We were sat in the Blackburn end and my mate was going on before the game about how much better Bellamy was than Owen. He was soon silenced. I would definitely hold Owen up there with some of the best in the world at the moment when he is fully fit.

when he is fully fit.

Which is when, exactly?

When are club and country going to admit that little Mickey just isn't physically cut out for top-level footie?

Pretty soon, methinks. You might think that's unfair and harsh and what-not. But that's life. My technique isn't cut out for England striking glory, and nor is my physique, and that ain't fair either.

Which is when, exactly?

When are club and country going to admit that little Mickey just isn't physically cut out for top-level footie?

Pretty soon, methinks. You might think that's unfair and harsh and what-not. But that's life. My technique isn't cut out for England striking glory, and nor is my physique, and that ain't fair either.

Something tells me you just don't like Owen, by the way you call him 'little mickey' all the time, which seems odd. He has had his injury problems but look at his goals still. Nearly every season he does well regardless of his injuries. Who will take his place as England's main goal threat as well? Rooney? Behave yourself! Owen has the ability to play for England and so whenever he is fit as he is still by far and away the best striker we have, he should and will play. Are you suggesting just because he is injury prone we should chuck him on the scrap heap when he can benefit us greatly when he is playing? Madness.

Which is when, exactly?

There some people that know alot about football and there are some people that dont....you dont :)

Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, England...

Career honours

Liverpool F.C.

Winner

1995€â€œ96 FA Youth Cup

2000€â€œ01 League Cup

2000€â€œ01 FA Cup

2000€â€œ01 UEFA Cup

2001€â€œ02 European Super Cup

2001€â€œ02 Charity Shield

2002€â€œ03 League Cup

Runners-Up

2001€â€œ02 FA Premier League

2002€â€œ03 Charity Shield

Real Madrid C.F.

Runners-Up

2004€â€œ05 La Liga

Went to 2 World Cups, 2 European Championships....

183 top flight goals in 314 apperances....plus 40 goals for England....

THE LAD IS CLEARLY NOT CUT OUT FOR TOP FLIGHT FOOTBALL

:laught16::laught16:

Edited by oafc0000