Cleveland Taylor - worth a look?

Available for £75k from Scunthorpe.

Important member of a promoted side last season

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/7183062.stm

Trannies were after him last I heard. Never really rated him even when he was at Scunny. Then again, most of Scunny's players looked quite ordinary against us. I do like the name Cleveland however.

Wasn't he sent off for clogging Taylor last season?

Trannies were after him last I heard. Never really rated him even when he was at Scunny. Then again, most of Scunny's players looked quite ordinary against us. I do like the name Cleveland however.

Wasn't he sent off for clogging Taylor last season?

Dogging Taylor? :shock:

oh I see

You do realise Scunny are a Championship club and we are a midtable league 1 side?

He tore us to shreds in the 4-2 defeat a couple of seasons ago, head and shoulders man of the match in that game. Pretty anonymous in the other games. Off what Scunny fans said at the time, that is what you get. A few good games and a lot more inaffective games.

Good player from what I've seen of him but with Chris Taylor, Liddell, Smalley and Wolfenden on the books, all of whom have played many games on the right wing at one level or another, I think it's more a left winger we're in need of.

It's ok for Gary Mc to do that :wink:....let's get him in, have a look I say. Problem is....he's a winger....sounds like Shez ain't interested in any of those.

True he seems to dismiss our lack of talent on the wings and would prefer a solid centre. God knows why, maybe he thinks wingers are pretty ineffective at this level...i understand it to a point the wingers we can attract are hardly world beaters bar the odd shuker/hoolahan on their day.

You do realise Scunny are a Championship club and we are a midtable league 1 side?

championship relegation places arent much different than the upper reaches league one in terms of ability so signing a player who plays at a level we are looking to leave does not seem good to me.

championship relegation places arent much different than the upper reaches league one in terms of ability so signing a player who plays at a level we are looking to leave does not seem good to me.

but were not in the upper reaches of league 1

we are lower mid table in the third tier of english football

It's really nothing to do with where Scunny are either, it's the level of opposition. Taylor might be out of his depth at Championship level against the likes of Sheffield United, Charlton and Watford, but he could prove to be a better player against teams like Yeovil, Chletenham, Bristol Rovers, Hartlepool. So Scunny's league position isn't a reflection of his ability at all.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

what im saying is this guy is surplus to requirements, our stated ambition is promotion, which means signing a player who cant play at that level.

But how can we get players who are good enough to play at championship level? They will be on more money than we can afford and i doubt they would be willing to drop to a mid-table league one club. We need players who have to ability to play in league one and who will be willing to drop to our level

not atall, if killer would have signed we wouldnt have needed to replace him next season if we went up, same with clarke. of the signings we have made hughes, allott, ruuuuuuuuuubes and davies should be able to step up. notice i have said should as nothing is certain, other than the fact that cleveland taylor is for sale after appearing to reach his glass ceiling.

not atall, if killer would have signed we wouldnt have needed to replace him next season if we went up, same with clarke. of the signings we have made hughes, allott, ruuuuuuuuuubes and davies should be able to step up. notice i have said should as nothing is certain, other than the fact that cleveland taylor is for sale after appearing to reach his glass ceiling.

He's also a right winger. And we don't really need a right winger.

Could be a decent call for summer as I'd expect Liddell will be released then.