games youve missed that you wished you had been at

Does anybody remember the game at home v portsmouth. We were winning 5- 0 as I recall then Mickey Quinn came forward to bag a hatrick in the last 5 minutes. We were hanging on 5 - 3 at the end. Was skiing at the time in Austria, would have been about 1985.

yeah remember that 87, my mate was mascot, they hit 3 and i seem to remember them hitting the bar aswell nr the end

Does anybody remember Les Ferdinands free kick for QPR against us, its a good job it hit the net because it would have killed somebody in the crowd, my grandad was on holiday at the time and nobody else would drive me up from fleetwood at the time i was only a nipper

Edited by fleetwood Blue

Brighton at home. First game of the season after the Summer of hell. Was on holiday, and it wasnt nice not being there.

Swansea away last season. Was skint. By all accounts we were awesome, and we were top of the league after it so was a bit gutted.

Forest away last season. By all accounts we were as good as we were at Leeds this year, so wish I would have been there.

Brighton at home. First game of the season after the Summer of hell. Was on holiday, and it wasnt nice not being there.

Swansea away last season. Was skint. By all accounts we were awesome, and we were top of the league after it so was a bit gutted.

Forest away last season. By all accounts we were as good as we were at Leeds this year, so wish I would have been there.

Everton Away in the Cup had to leave UK on Jan 2nd (which turned out to be the 3rd - thanks to BMI....)

Apart from that a lot of the games between 1997 and now (even though I've seen some of the good ones when I've been back.)

And I missed that time we WON at Port Vale (1996?) cos I couldnt be arsed going. My brother went and give me loads of abuse for not going!

Genoa Away (I believe it was on December 7th)

Bleedin Scarborough at home - I even managed to get to the ground at half time but could only listen to the Chaddy as I was canvassing for Double Glazing in Chadderton and my good for nothing canvassers didn't get enough leads quickly enough - probably because all the home owners were going to the match :disappointed:

Widening the net slightly, Germany 1 England 5.

I would imagine that any English football fan over the age of fifty who didn't see England win the world cup must have some regrets.

Ahh, that was a great day - watched it on the TV at Rummy's Wedding reception. Mrs Rummy wasn't too impressed until she realised that no-one who was there would EVER forget their wedding and the two would always go hand in hand :grin:

Games I missed I should have been at that I wished I had:

Gillingham at home last season - missed simon charlton's 70 yarder

Tranmere at home the season before - missed Ritchie hit the bar from 50 yards

Bournemoth away this season

Stoke away cup replay 93-94. Went to every game, bar that one and chelsea away that year with my dad. Inc villa, swindon and southamton in the week. Those two always stick out cos I nearly did the whole season. I remember my dad saying at the start of that season "we'll probably go down this year and may never come back, lets do as many grounds as we can" I was too young to appreciate going to Anfield (with the proper kop - twice). St James', Maine Road, White hart lane and the rest. Wish we'd do it again!

Man Ure twice....

Wembley...of course...

Southampton...of course..

Leeds, Everton (2007/8!!)...of course..

Hudds 3-0 ..yep

Macc...L..0-1..lol

7-0 scarb....yeah

Leeds (86) away..play off first leg....WISH I HADN'T BLOODY GONE!!! Keith Edwards!! :angry::angry::angry:

Sorry...thought it was games you're glad you've been at!!

Edited by futchers briefs