games youve missed that you wished you had been at

in view of all the nostalgia threads are there any games youve missed during your times as a tic that you wish you hadnt

for me its the 4-1 mauling of citeh at main road with rogers famous hat trick was on a bloody campsite in whitby helping my girlfriend with some research for her degree was gutted when i heard the score on sports report !

Ipswich away to clinch promotion :angry:

How'd ya miss that one???

Don't think any matches really many missed being at except.....

West Ham away in the 2nd leg of the cup, went every cup match that year (even got into the Dell). Doing A levels at the time and was banned from mid-week games, strangly this was the only mid-week game I missed that year??? Lots of revision round at my mates on matche days :wink: ...... the Everton night reply was on Granada Soccer night and got home in time to watch it with my Dad. Yep after we scored, panned on the crown and slap bang in the middle of the screen .... ME!!!!

Sheff Wed Championship game - folks stayed over in Oldham and the appeal of the house to myself beat the appeal of seeing Latics finish runners up (or so i thought). Listened to the last five minutes on Clubcall. I don't have many regrets in life but I regret missing that game

Other than that:

Leeds away this season (I wouldn't let it lie)

Thurrock away

Barrow away

Torquay away, same reason as BB80

Swansea and Huddersfield aways last season - cracking atmospheres that I wasn't part of.

Southampton away (Cup)

Chelsea (h) FA Cup

Sheff Wed Championship game - folks stayed over in Oldham and the appeal of the house to myself beat the appeal of seeing Latics finish runners up (or so i thought). Listened to the last five minutes on Clubcall. I don't have many regrets in life but I regret missing that game

Other than that:

Leeds away this season (I wouldn't let it lie)

Thurrock away

Barrow away

Torquay away, same reason as BB80

Swansea and Huddersfield aways last season - cracking atmospheres that I wasn't part of.

Southampton away (Cup)

Chelsea (h) FA Cup

Lol....how could I forget the Sheff Weds game? Yep, missed that one. Was too young and parents weren't that interested in feeding my constant requests for trips to BP. Born a few years too late for my liking.

Does anybody remember the game at home v portsmouth. We were winning 5- 0 as I recall then Mickey Quinn came forward to bag a hatrick in the last 5 minutes. We were hanging on 5 - 3 at the end. Was skiing at the time in Austria, would have been about 1985.

Edited by meat pie sausage roll