shez biting his tongue

'for some reason the players play with freedom away from home and try things they wouldnt in home games'

translates as

'im starting to get a bit p!ssed off with the moaners inhibitting my young team but im a little worried after what happened when ronnie moore dared speak out'

'for some reason the players play with freedom away from home and try things they wouldnt in home games'

translates as

'im starting to get a bit p!ssed off with the moaners inhibitting my young team but im a little worried after what happened when ronnie moore dared speak out'

Well tbh that is because he has a point. The constant moaning and whinging contributes towards the poor home performances.

Well it's one explanation isn't it? but like he keeps saying he doesn't know the reason why, however he does redeem himself once later on in the piece by saying it's his job to find the reason and put it right. So I guess if it's just the moaners he'll be heading into the crowd to cuff a few!

Well tbh that is because he has a point. The constant moaning and whinging contributes towards the poor home performances.

I agree it is definitely a factor, but also I think it just suits us more away from home whem teams are more likely to come at us and we can open them up easier. Our defense is very strong imo so we can deal with most teams attacks even on their own turf without much trouble, so it's in attack that away games really suit us.

At home I thinkw e just need to be more adventurous. Go after teams early and then keep the pressure on when we get that first goal. Not saying that we haven't sdeserved to win a hell of a lot more games at home on balance of chances, I just feel we could be doing more to create for our strikers. At home so many teams are coming to us and just sitting back and instead of then taking on the challenge and giving it a good go we are just waiting for something to happen rather than forcing it. When we start to be a bit more adventurous and maybe score a few more gaols and pick the odd extra win the moaners will shut up, although thats not saying they aren't being ridiculously over extectant and should just shut up anyway!

Well if the fans are to blame then we will more than likely never improve or go places. It is a fact that the moaners have always been present and I would imagine that will continue long after us lot leave this planet. I can only presume that the great Latics teams of years ago had more bottle and personality and could handle the blubberings of a few punters ?

Drphibes

get your tin hat on mate..

didn't mis-understand your quote from shez. My reply has nothing to do with you personally--sorry if it came acroos that way. I just happen to agree with what shez was saying in a more diplomatic fashion.

Edited by laticsmad

Well if the fans are to blame then we will more than likely never improve or go places. It is a fact that the moaners have always been present and I would imagine that will continue long after us lot leave this planet. I can only presume that the great Latics teams of years ago had more bottle and personality and could handle the blubberings of a few punters ?

Drphibes

I think that the level of moaning is small. Look at Liverpool; now that IS moaning! It is part of the game. Time for the players and managment team to just accept it and get on with it.

coco is rapidly receding back to pessimism despite no losses since his promise

Yes, but on this occasion I reckon he isn't far wrong.

The atmosphere may not be great and it is not conducive to results, however not being able to break the opposition down is much more an influence. Teams come here and stick players behind the ball and our inability to break them down is the problem. Be it lacking attacking flair or a battering ram, it isn't down to the crowd. On this occasion it whiffs of blame-shifting.

Drphibes

Exactly, people moaning is a very handy excuse for our poor home form. Like it or not its part and parcel of football. I heard a lot more moaning at players the season we got promoted to the old first division, it didn't effect the team them, in fact i remember one game and one player had been getting a load of stick all through the game, he scored with about 10 minutes left and ran over to where we stood and said "not bad eh" to those who had been having a go at him all game. Gregan has done similar things earlier this season as well. That is the way to deal with moaners, prove them wrong. Unnfortunately we have some young, inexperienced players in our team who haven't yet learned how to cope with the crowd, they will do though, just takes time.

Ronnie Moore said something very similar a few months before he left and got slated for it, yet most people seem to be agreeing with Shez now that he has said it

Edited by Gemma06

Guest sheridans_world
Personally I think the manager is trying to shift the blame away from himself.

Thats an angle i had not thought of.

It could be the case, although i doubt it. Shez is a footballer, we all saw him as a player. He knows that you can spout rubbish in this game for consistent losses. Blaming the fans or not, i dont think Shez is trying shift the blame. He knows the consequences of not getting results...

if we play 442 at home and stick to 433 away , we will pick up more wins at boundary park , at home we have to dictate the play and the 433 does not work, away from home we deal with the pressure and play alot more break away football, its suits us to bring pressure on to ourselves, teams sit back at boundary park and do the same that we have done for the last 10 away games or so. we just need to be alittle smater in possesion, if we can get a big man up front, i think our home form will improve ten fold. as long as another striker like hughes plays directly off him.

people moan at football its part of life, we have them at latics everyone does, in my wyes its the formation thats the problems, not the fans , although some do need to have a word with themselves. i said it before we are a young team and over the next twelve months we will improve even more.

if we play 442 at home and stick to 433 away , we will pick up more wins at boundary park , at home we have to dictate the play and the 433 does not work, away from home we deal with the pressure and play alot more break away football, its suits us to bring pressure on to ourselves, teams sit back at boundary park and do the same that we have done for the last 10 away games or so. we just need to be alittle smater in possesion, if we can get a big man up front, i think our home form will improve ten fold. as long as another striker like hughes plays directly off him.

people moan at football its part of life, we have them at latics everyone does, in my wyes its the formation thats the problems, not the fans , although some do need to have a word with themselves. i said it before we are a young team and over the next twelve months we will improve even more.

Spot on that man.

I interpreted what Shez said as the extra pressure placed with home fans and unrest as soon as we lose the ball. You can sense it every time it happens so it's understandable, especially with younger players, that they've it on their mind whenever a mistake is made.

But, you're never going to get rid of that - it's always been there. The way we play football which is plenty of passing through midfield, at this level occasionally someone will mis-control it, hit a bobble and it goes back to them. Cue sighs, grumbles and shoulders dropping by some players as we fight to get the ball back.

I think we're also pretty easy to play against at home. Teams have obviously done their homework, pack defence and midfield and go for the opportunists goal, or at the worst they get a draw. We've not closed games out either when we take the lead - last season usually when we took the lead we went on to win the game, but all too often this season we've taken the lead and the mistakes and edginess have crept in.

Away from home it's a different prospect. The onus is on the home team to attack so it leaves more areas for us to exploit which is evident in our good form. Also add in the fact that sighs, grumbles and groans aren't there (well, not from our fans anyway) when an attack doesn't come off and confidence rises.

But Shez only wants to play one way, which is fine but we do need a midfield player with a brain and good passing range to execute it.