why arn`t we buying ?

why arn`t we buying ???.........

the latest deal involving grabban gettin bought for a song makes me ask yet again, `is shez out too out of touch ??`.

it again seems a lot of decent lookin players have gone to other clubs coz the clubs are gettin in there rapido, while we yet again just seem to be watchin it happen ! !

you can almost imagine shez sayin to tommy this morning ``sh*t tommy, i never knew that he was up for grabs either, that`s the fourth player this week who we could have afforded but missed !! ``

we now have a much better budget situation than last summer ( when, like now, we did absolutely now`t til the last minute !! )........so what`s the delay this time ??.

get yer scouts out shez lad, and stop being left behind.

Ugh.. :wacko:

:titanic::titanic::titanic::titanic::titanic:

Have we not been here before?

Bobbins lad.

JUST TO ADD - YET AGAIN - FOR GODS SAKE, SHEZ IS AWAY WITH THE SQUAD AT THE MOMENT - THAT IS HIS PRIORITY. LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW ONWARDS EH? NO-ONE IS GOING TO SIGN A CONTRACT AT BP WHEN THE MANAGER IS IN GILLINGHAM - NO MATTER IF THE DEAL HAS BEEN AGREED ALREADY.

Edited by BigfinLatic

the latest deal involving grabban gettin bought for a song makes me ask yet again, `is shez out too out of touch ??`.

it again seems a lot of decent lookin players have gone to other clubs coz the clubs are gettin in there rapido, while we yet again just seem to be watchin it happen ! !

you can almost imagine shez sayin to tommy this morning ``sh*t tommy, i never knew that he was up for grabs either, that`s the fourth player this week who we could have afforded but missed !! ``

we now have a much better budget situation than last summer ( when, like now, we did absolutely now`t til the last minute !! )........so what`s the delay this time ??.

A) Im pretty sure they did know grabban was available...hes not the type of player they will be looking for anyway

B) Most (decent) players will wait until last minute to snap up the best deal as they will have a few on offer sad but true

C) Shez has said he isn't going to just sign any old body...if he had signed grabban for 150k and he did naff all it would possibly cost him his job

D) I trust Sheridans/Wrights and our backroom staff have got set targets that they feel will strengthen the team, not people that will just sit back pick up their money and do nothing for the cause. Shez will be confident the squa dwe have now will see us avoid the drop so he will be thinking will this player get us promoted....if not is it really worth buying them just to jump up to 9th/10th in the league only to see them leave in a years time because they arent good enough.....pointless.

I very rarely post here on the darkside, but that my friend is complete toss.

We had Grabban.......Shez didnt rate him enough.......let alone blow £150k on him.

150k for Grabban smacks of desperation from a team staring down the barrell of relegation. Somehow I think Shez knows more about football than you

We can't just "get the scouts out" because we haven't got that many!

However, you can't blame peterjo, because he is, indeed, worried that we'll be left behind. I think most people here are getting a little nervous with the lack of real movement. But, as I have also been relieved to hear, too, most movement does appear to be just before the Market's closure.

:laught16:

Guest oa_exile
You should really join the darkside K_P, i've been turned :biker:

Dont let him kid yer Coco , K_P has been on here a while :tongue1: (Joined: 16-January 07) just likes to Lurk :ph34r::peepwall: ...... miss the funny banter with him.

Come on K_P you know you want to :shakeit:

Right - decided that seeing we are missing out on so many worldbeaters - i'd have a look at all the amazing players who have gone to other clubs in our division... and wow, what a list of talent... so we have the usual Port vale and gillingham panic buying to stave of relegation... but please - someone tell me any other player you think we have desperately missed out on??? (barring KK obviously...)

It is glaringly obvious that anyone who is looking to better thier side has not entered the market - as the better players are weighing up thier options.... or perhaps you too would like to have a squad like Port Vale.....

Wow - we are so far behind.... what a list of talent! Full list of transfers as follows...

Alan Thompson [Leeds - Hartlepool] Loan

Patrick Boyle [Everton - Crewe] Loan

Lewis Grabban [Crystal Palace - Millwall] £150,000

Patrick Kanyuka [unattached - Swindon]

Robert Page [Coventry - Huddersfield] Free

Adebayo Akinfenwa [Millwall - Northampton] Free

Moses Ashikodi [Watford - Swindon] Loan

Anthony McNamee [Watford - Swindon] Undisclosed

Grant Smith [unattached - Carlisle]

Andy Taylor [blackburn - Tranmere] Undisclosed

Febian Brandy [Man Utd - Swansea] Loan

Andy Kirk [Northampton - Yeovil] Free

Matt Richards [ipswich - Brighton] Loan

Dennis Oli [Grays - Gillingham] Undisclosed] Loan

Evan Horwood [sheff Utd - Carlisle] Free

Steven Thomson [Falkirk - Brighton] Undisclosed

Leroy Griffiths [Fisher - Gillingham] Undisclosed

Stuart Thurgood [Grays - Gillingham] Undisclosed

Max Gradel [Leicester - Bournemouth] Loan

Shane McFaul [uCD - Brighton] Free

Matthew Mills [Man City - Doncaster] Loan

Kyle Perry [Chasetown - Port Vale] Undisclosed

Alex Russell [bristol City - Cheltenham] Loan

Chris Slater [Chasetown - Port Vale] Undisclosed

Jo Tessem [unattached - Bournemouth]

Ahmet Brkovic [Luton - Millwall] Free

Darren Kenton [Leicester - Leeds] Loan

Mark Little [Wolves - Northampton] Loan

Craig Rocastle [Port Vale - Gillingham] Loan

Peter Sweeney [stoke - Leeds] Free

Chris Herd [Aston Villa - Port Vale] Loan

Marc Laird [Manchester City - Millwall] Free

Dave Mulligan [scunthorpe - Port Vale] Loan

Danny Coles [Hull - Bristol Rovers] Undisclosed

Bradley Johnson [Northampton - Leeds) £250,000

Scott Spencer [Everton - Yeovil] Loan

Martin Brittain [unattached - Walsall] Free

Adrian Forbes [blackpool - Millwall] Undisclosed

Neil Kilkenny [birmingham - Leeds] Loan

Sebastian Sorsa [HJK Helsinki - Leeds] Free

Adam Eckersley [Man Utd - Port Vale] Free

Damian Scannell [Eastleigh - Southend] £5,000

You should really join the darkside K_P, i've been turned :biker:

Oh and Crewe have agreed a £175k deal for 26 goal Forest Green striker Stuart Fleetwood.

Well Exile I have been having problems posting etc. It keeps saying something about authorisation mis-match, so when i finally do want to unleash my wisdom I get stopped in my tracks!!

Guest oa_exile
Well Exile I have been having problems posting etc. It keeps saying something about authorisation mis-match, so when i finally do want to unleash my wisdom I get stopped in my tracks!!

Well why did you not tell me before ? , i can sort that problem out for you !

A PM is on it's way on how to fix it :)

Right - decided that seeing we are missing out on so many worldbeaters - i'd have a look at all the amazing players who have gone to other clubs in our division... and wow, what a list of talent... so we have the usual Port vale and gillingham panic buying to stave of relegation... but please - someone tell me any other player you think we have desperately missed out on??? (barring KK obviously...)

It is glaringly obvious that anyone who is looking to better thier side has not entered the market - as the better players are weighing up thier options.... or perhaps you too would like to have a squad like Port Vale.....

Wow - we are so far behind.... what a list of talent! Full list of transfers as follows...

Steven Thomson [Falkirk - Brighton] Undisclosed

That Craig Rocastle is supposed to be a pretty good midfielder ? :grin:

I tell you what a lot of players there would do a job in our team. Barring Leeds signings we could have had any of them most of them being good young prem future stars ie Matthew Mills at Citeh Febien Brandy at the Munichs a lot of good players and you talk about panic buying-panic buying is snapping up crappy players on the last day for a large amount because youre pressured to sign someone cos you have cack all else. Get in early best deals and best players. Its common sense

Peterjo

"Grabban for a song"

150k is not a song in my book.

175k for a Conference player is also far to steep for us.

Everyone knows the decent players wait.

It's agame of poker, and Shez isn't blinking.

Why aren;t we buying, you say?

We are buying, as has been stated by the manager and MD, just not buying any old dross.

WHO SHOULD WE HAVE BOUGHT SO FAR

None as far as I can see.

Certain posters may find the following site helpful:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/

Edited by singe

The better players are also holding out for the money they are asking for. If they don't get it, they will probably decide to stay where they are, or the clubs with the cash will pay up.

I tell you what a lot of players there would do a job in our team. Barring Leeds signings we could have had any of them most of them being good young prem future stars ie Matthew Mills at Citeh Febien Brandy at the Munichs a lot of good players and you talk about panic buying-panic buying is snapping up crappy players on the last day for a large amount because youre pressured to sign someone cos you have cack all else. Get in early best deals and best players. Its common sense

Mills had already been on loan with Donny and Brkovic at Millwall. As for Brandy, no chance of them giving him to us.

Ashikodi is a shout though he was a right nuisance when we played Bradford last season.