Positive only Thread..

Im sick of the negativity knocking about on the board so Ive made a thread for positive posts only just incase you feel the need to realise why It's not as bad as other people seem to make out.

Things to be positive about:

Last 5 games only conceeded 2 goals.

1 defeat in 17 games.

7 wins and 2 draws away from home in the last 9.

Very good chance to get into the last 16 of the FA Cup.

Planning application got the go ahead.

Tranmere fans agree Ronnie Moore is gash!

Add more things to be positive about :D

Edited by oafckev

I've just finished having a Latics chat with my brother and he's cheered me up no end. I therefore proclaim that: -

We WILL sign a couple of players this week who'll make us all smile, we WILL find our way to the last 16 of the cup and we WILL beat Carlisle on Tuesday getting our home league form kickstarted.

KTFF

P.S. I've only got 7 days of optimism in me though, so don't ask me about Swansea away!

I've just finished having a Latics chat with my brother and he's cheered me up no end. I therefore proclaim that: -

We WILL sign a couple of players this week who'll make us all smile, we WILL find our way to the last 16 of the cup and we WILL beat Carlisle on Tuesday getting our home league form kickstarted.

After Saturdays win over Hudds and we draw Manure in the next round

There will be a buzz round the place

Vernon back in the fold Blue skies ahead

I thought we'd get beat down at both Yeovil and Gillingham, 2 draws without conceeding a goal is pretty good going, shame we couldn't convert our chances at the other end!

Our away record is excellent, home form is gash.

Didn't really expect much from the team this season, losing our best players in the summer in Wellens and Porter.

Kilkenny replaced Wellens for a short time, but now we lack real quality in the centre of the park.

Expected us to be fighting relegation this season... mid table finish will do me added to the extra £££s we've got from the cup run.

Edited by Butter

I thought we'd get beat down at both Yeovil and Gillingham, 2 draws without conceeding a goal is pretty good going, shame we couldn't convert our chances at the other end!

Our away record is excellent, home form is gash.

Didn't really expect much from the team this season, losing our best players in the summer in Wellens and Porter.

Kilkenny replaced Wellens for a short time, but now we lack real quality in the centre of the park.

Expected us to be fighting relegation this season... mid table finish will do me added to the extra £££s we've got from the cup run.

Exactly. Like I felt under Moore, such disappointment comes from overhyped expectations placed in the summer. Anything less and a target is placed and the scapegoating occurs. Shez is suffering this this season but not on much of a scale (not a tenth of what RM did a few years ago) but he gets slack coz he steered another mans team into the playoffs and coz he's a Latics legend. For me, he should get it anyway...any manager should who is building a new team.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Shez is perfect either, never felt RM was too. But the talk we have about how many points has been dropped and how the playoffs are getting further and further out of sight.....well they are....but how disappointing it is, is only relevant to how you thought we'd do this season when predicting back in August.

I'll say mine again, top 10 is a fantastic finish this season if we can get there. Then build and push on.

Edited by boundaryblue80

You did'nt lose to the Gills away like we did at home.

thought i'd best give you some thing to cling to before Saturday :wink:

Cheers for that, your too kind. <_<

I really don't understand where all this negativity is coming from, or did some people expect us to go through the whole season unbeaten and be at least 10 points clear at the top of the league by now.

There's plenty to be upbeat about, we have lost only 1 in our last 17 (most teams would love to be on a run like that).

We have a home tie in the F.A. Cup 4th round on Saturday with an excellent chance to progress and bag a moneyspinning 5th round tie.

We have a good young team and several young players who really could go on to better things (either with us, or sold for very decent and much needed money for the club).

Our away form has been nothing short of exceptional (unbeaten away since Orient on the 3rd November 2007).

In fact the only downbeat thing I can think of is the negative fans that post on this site and constantly moan at BP.

:latics::OWTB1::comeon::ktf:

This season we've gone behind and come back to win, on more than one occasion I might add.

Not sure on the exact average age of our Squad but it must be in the early 20's...imagine if we can keep this squad together for at least another year... they can only get better, gain more experience and develop into promotion material sooner rather than later. We have lost 1 game in 17 imagine what this young squad with a couple of key additions could be capable of next season...we might just manage to get out of this hell hole of a division in time to play in the championship in a new stadium!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

Edited by Blue_Guru

Exactly. Like I felt under Moore, such disappointment comes from overhyped expectations placed in the summer. Anything less and a target is placed and the scapegoating occurs. Shez is suffering this this season but not on much of a scale (not a tenth of what RM did a few years ago) but he gets slack coz he steered another mans team into the playoffs and coz he's a Latics legend. For me, he should get it anyway...any manager should who is building a new team.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Shez is perfect either, never felt RM was too. But the talk we have about how many points has been dropped and how the playoffs are getting further and further out of sight.....well they are....but how disappointing it is, is only relevant to how you thought we'd do this season when predicting back in August.

I'll say mine again, top 10 is a fantastic finish this season if we can get there. Then build and push on.

I have to say that I don't think the expectations during the summer were over hyped. This team minus two players reached the play offs. The signings made during the summer were not journeymen players. They were exciting to a degree. Even Ricketts (who is approaching the twilight of his career, could have done a good job had he been able to mix better in the dressing room. ) Davies, Hughes and Kalala were all good signings IMO. When KK and Bertrand also turned up at the doors things looked rightly on the up. The situation now is somewhat different. KK and Berty gone. Davies struggling with form etc etc but still we get draws away from home and take the scalps of Leeds and Everton away. We hadn't even hit form at this time last season. KTF.

Edited by happyterryb

Hughesy, Hughesy, Hughesy!

Turned into being a credit to the club - well done to everyone involved once more...

Trotters & Smalley, unheard of at the start of the season, and now firmly in the first team - well done lads..

The futures bright... the futures.... Fluo yellow... :disappointed: (sorry)

I'll go for one positive that for me is more important than all the others put together:

In short: The club has a future. And a rosy one at that.

Not so short: We are owned by a trio of rich football fans who know how to run a successful business. Their commitment and talent has given us stability and the sustainable plan for a future that we could only have dreamt of 5 years ago. The story of Oldham Athletic under TTA and John Sheridan is only just beginning.

The three points from the last three games have not come from a win and two defeats, which would have really given the fans something to moan about. In fact we were only 10 seconds away from making it five points from the three games, which would have pleased most fans.

Even when we lost our only game for ages against Walsall, we had 17 corners.

We know we can win at home in the Cup and the team plays well in front of big crowds.

Top of bottom half

Only team there with + gol difference

Money to spend

Still in fa cup

International players

13000+ gate on satday

atmosphere

chilli chicken pies

nice sausage rolls

not gona rain

Whoah there, IMO, that's a negative.