Messages of support?

After the match tonight a few of us was in the live chat discussing Davies and how he's such a confidence player and for all his ability, some of the problems holding him back in his game are in his head. For me, we knew this when we signed him...his personal issues showed that etc.

On the playing side, many of us agree that Davies is full of talent. Be it raw talent. He enjoyed the limelight at first and possibly felt upset that he was "upstaged" upon Hughes' arrival. Thus leading to more desperation to succeed...call it greedy if you wish....I personally think the lad is doing all he feels he can at present. The goals will come again...nobody scores the number he did so quickly without having the talent. At present, either the woodwork (tonight), sheer desperation thus snatching at shots (Everton) or taking pot shots at goal (Walsall) or keepers in unbelieveable form (Leeds) is causing for the lad to suffer badly. I don't think anyone will feel more disappointed tonight on the way home than he will. And thus he needs a pick me up.....

On the live chat it was suggested by a poster that Davies needed to do something to get us fans chanting his name again. Personally, myself and many others would rather chant his name anyway and I remember the days where we used to hear the teamsheet and start chanting names.....it got us off on a good footing. I'd love for us to do that again....but I just can't see it happening...which led to a suggestion by someone else...

Why don't we email the club (Alan Hardy specifically) to pass on some messages of support for Davies. Infact, why not do it for any of the players. As it is though, I suggest Davies because he currently has to be at his wits end and when he gets that 1 goal....I reckon he'll get a hatful again. A poster on here says that he's on good terms with Alan and will ask for messages to be passed on to Craig. We've done other messages of support (the Council, thanks to TTA etc.)

You might think this is all a silly idea....if so, then feel free to click the back button and forget the whole idea. Personally, I think this could be the equivalent of a pre-kick off name singing. It could be the lift the lad needs. I'm damn sure the club got loads of emails of support when Hughes signed....so why not for Davies now when he needs it? 5 minutes and a few sentences. And who knows....when Davies bags a late winner on Saturday to put us in the hat for the 5th round....we might be able to say, maybe we made a difference :wink:

Here's my effort....

----------------------

Dear Alan,

Please could you be so kind as to pass the following on to Craig Davies for me.

---------

Dear Craig,

I just wanted to send you a quick message of support for your efforts so far this season.

Over the last few weeks or so, as a fan, it's been very frustrating to see goalkeepers turn in wonderful performances every time you look like scoring, or the woodwork getting in the way. So for you, it must be absolutely infuriating.

So....I just wanted to say keep your head up, the goals will come again and your name will be sung as loud as ever! It was noticed by myself and many others at Leeds away, when you clapped us for singing your name. It clearly means a lot to you and it shows through your desperation to find the net again. It will come! As we "Latics" fans say....Keep the faith!

Yours,

xxxx xxxxx

Season Ticker Holder

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'm all for it but.......

Will this highlight to him that people have really started noticing his head down, unhappy look. I hope not.

It'll come with time. He'll learn again from his mistakes today and I'm sure the goals will start flowing. As for the chanting thing it just seems like Hughesy for many is so easy to chant it's always that regardless of the work Davies does.

Can't he change his name to something more chant like? :wink:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

This is a great idea and something I've been saying to some of my mates. Hughesy is clearly a fan favourite but perhaps this is having a neagtive effect on Davies seeing as he gets some stick and i've never heard his name chanted in any form (I've not been at some games which did involve most of the ones before Hughesy was elligible). Maybe the great minds of OWTB can come up with a Davies chant for Saturday to show our support for a player clearly going through a crisis of confidence.

Edited by rudemedic

I'm hoping and thinking that the game on Saturday will be a great forum for him, and all the other players, to get some positive home support for once. I get frustrated as any fan would, but I just hope we all get behind the team and in particular Davies!

He's got bags of talent and can score some beauties, unlucky tonight by all accounts. Lets a have a goal off him like he scored against us for Wolves!

When he gets one, I can see him hitting a hatrick TBH, lets hope its Saturday.....

Had a dream on sunday we stuffed the yorkies 4 - 0, with Smalley hitting the first.

Here's to the dream/

Seems Sheridan may have been listening to our conversation with the post on the official site supporting craig or maybe there was another insider haha.....

Anyways my message will be sent to alan in the next 30 mins, people may think the lad shouldn't need picking up hes a professional blah blah blah....but at the end of the day he is human and his emotions may sometimes get the better of him be it frustration or desperation....but imo this is an idea that could only help the lad so what harm is done and like BB80 says imagine how you will feel if he scores the winner on saturday to put us in with a chance of facing united/arsenal in the final 16...i know i will feel like i contributed...

It's a commendable idea and would make a welcome change from him being called a "greedy :censored: " just for doing what comes naturally to a striker!

I was happy when we signed him, thought he had great potential. I've only seen him play once and was suitably impressed with his game. Yet the boo boys harangued him. Maybe our support should also be passed on to the whole team, possibly by Shez?

This sort of effort can only be short-term, sort of like the player/players receiving a "pick-me-up" as BB says. I, for one, will send an email to Mr. Hardy in support of Davies and also to pass on a message of support to the rest of the team. I can't imagine every email being read out - they may be passed on - but the general feeling of support may be well received.

Anybody got Mr. Hardy's email address?

Davies is a great talent and will prevail into a quality striker.... It must be frustrating trying to live upto early expectations especially when hughesie came into the squad.... People forget he is only a youngster and :censored: talented one at that. Im going to put him down to bag a few at the udders game!

Sent mine...

Dear ickle Cwaigy

Pull your effin finger out. The world isn't against you (yet), but it soon will be if you carry on acting like a spoilt brat putting yourself first ahead of the team. Although you don't know it there's 5,000 people who'd give their bottom lip to pull on the blue shirt of Latics and your attitude smacks each and every one of them in the face. Granted you'll forget about us when you've moved on to pastures new but whilst you're still with us you need to prove you want to be with us, that means performing on the pitch.

Pull your shorts up, pull your finger out, get your head up, wind your neck in and effin TRY!!!!!!!!!! And that's only to start with...

Cheers Cwaigy

E4e

WASTE

Sent mine...

Dear ickle Cwaigy

Pull your effin finger out. The world isn't against you (yet), but it soon will be if you carry on acting like a spoilt brat putting yourself first ahead of the team. Although you don't know it there's 5,000 people who'd give their bottom lip to pull on the blue shirt of Latics and your attitude smacks each and every one of them in the face. Granted you'll forget about us when you've moved on to pastures new but whilst you're still with us you need to prove you want to be with us, that means performing on the pitch.

Pull your shorts up, pull your finger out, get your head up, wind your neck in and effin TRY!!!!!!!!!! And that's only to start with...

Cheers Cwaigy

E4e

WASTE

You forgot to mention why you don't play professional football.

Not good enough.

Edited by Rick

Dear ickle Cwaigy

There's nothing like a bit of TLC :grin: