CB - Hazell

LB - Lomax

RW - Smalley

CM - Allott

CM - Kalala

LW - Taylor

CF - Hughes

CF - Alessandra

Firstly I would much rather have Taylor on the right, but Shez' first mistake this season was nor replacing Edwards. I know he wasn't fantastic, but he balanced the side and gave us a left footed option. As we dont have one Taylor on the left is the best we can do.

Stam has not been his best recently (bar everton) and I think Trotters and Hazell is worth a go.

Alessandra - only seen him very occaisionally, but IMO he has more about him than Wolfenden.

3-5-2

GK - Crossley

RWB - Eardley

CB - Trotman

CB - Hazell

CB - Stam

LWB - Lomax

CM - Pearson

CM - Allott

CM - Kalala

ST - Hughes

ST- Adam Edwards (thats a shock for you..he's very quick, determined and hard working, he runs at defenders INSIDE the penalty area..well worth a chance considering the ineffectiveness of others).

Edited by BP1960

A few votes for Smalley. Why? He was dreadful. I really hven't been impressed all season, but today...Ad i thought he was normally a striker. please...never again.

Actually Luke Becket was similar to Smalley in his younger days at Chester.

Smalley has been thrown in at the deep end and isn't ready yet, but he will learn quickly especially if he goes out on loan to toughen him up.

He needs to show more awareness and move quicker to the ball, when he adds those attributes he will be a big asset to the club.

Actually Luke Becket was similar to Smalley in his younger days at Chester.

Smalley has been thrown in at the deep end and isn't ready yet, but he will learn quickly especially if he goes out on loan to toughen him up.

He needs to show more awareness and move quicker to the ball, when he adds those attributes he will be a big asset to the club.

Wise words. I wouldn't disagree. I think it's too early to tell. Always difficult with young players - will they, won't they?? But the fact remains he is't ready for the first team.

Trotman upfront. Desperate times and all that.

He's a big lad, can put himself about, he knows where the goal is and we need someone to get on the end of those hopeful crosses.

GK - Crossley

RB - Eardley

CB - Hazell

CB - Stam

LB - Lomax

RW - Taylor

CM - Alott

CM - JPK

LW - Smalley

CF - Trotman

CF - Hughes

How about

GK Crossley

DR Eardley

DL Black

DC Hazell

DC Trotman

MR Smalley

ML Taylor

MC Allott

MC Kalala

FC Hughes

FC Gary Mac (He can head a ball, got a shot on him, surely worth a go????)

Otherwise I would go with diamond 4-4-2 as follows

GK Crossley

DR Eardley

DL Black

DC Hazell

DC Trotman

DM Kalala

MC Gary Mac

MC Allott

AMC Taylor

FC Hughes

FC Allesandra

How about

GK Crossley

DR Eardley

DL Black

DC Hazell

DC Trotman

MR Smalley

ML Taylor

MC Allott

MC Kalala

FC Hughes

FC Gary Mac (He can head a ball, got a shot on him, surely worth a go????)

Otherwise I would go with diamond 4-4-2 as follows

GK Crossley

DR Eardley

DL Black

DC Hazell

DC Trotman

DM Kalala

MC Gary Mac

MC Allott

AMC Taylor

FC Hughes

FC Allesandra

:lol:

I love it - Black needs a chance as does Pearson and others - but Tuesday is against a decent Carlise team. Stam is getting better each gameand brings a great composure alongside Trotman - so the only change to the back four should be Lomax in for Hazell with Black on the bench as cover.

Then we seriously need to only play two of Allot, Kalala and McDonald to allow for two wide players (where are you Andy Liddell?) so it would be Allott and McDonald with Smalley (last chance saloon) and Taylor (similarly) with Hughes and Wolfie up front.

Edited by TheBigDog

:lol:

I love it - Black needs a chance as does Pearson and others - but Tuesday is against a decent Carlise team. Stam is getting better each gameand brings a great composure alongside Trotman - so the only change to the back four should be Lomax in for Hazell with Black on the bench as cover.

Then we seriously need to only play two of Allot, Kalala and McDonald to allow for two wide players (where are you Andy Liddell?) so it would be Allott and McDonald with Smalley (last chance saloon) and Taylor (similarly) with Hughes and Wolfie up front.

Andy Liddell is still injured and not even in full training yet.

Lomax looks sound at left back and hasn't let us down there. I'd have him in replacing Hazell.

Hazell has done well for us but yesterday didn't appear at all comfortable playing left back.

Taylor on corners. Stop that now. We must have someone else who can take them or at least beat the first man!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad