97 members have voted

1. 1. Sheridan to...

• Stay?
    • Or go?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not the only problem plays a right back at left back when there is a left back on the bench plays a right winger at centre forward a central midfielder at right wing a right footer at left wing and keeps going on about wolfenden being the best finisher at the club but wont pick him when he had the perfect opportunity on saturday really dont think he is a clue tactically on ronnie moore football may have been hoofball but we did win games and even that was better than the sh/ite that has been served up at home this season

Woolfy get bullied, that is why he doesnt start! How can you defend footy under RM - it was dire - even the victories were nothing more than average - yes players are having to play out of position but we have a few injuries and not the biggest squad - things like that happen all the time - Shezza all the way for me!!

We seem unable to compete with Carlisle, Doncaster, Colchester, Blackpool, Southend etc either. You know-footballing giants like that?

Why not carry on the list? MK Dons, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Bradford, Shrewsbury, Brentford, Grimsby, Mansfield, Peterborough, Notts Couunty, Wrexham etc.

All teams who were above us in the League not so long ago and now a Division below. Some Teams go up and some go back down again. Amazing things these League Tables and of course they never lie.

I dare say that within a Season or maybe even within a few weeks, we'll be above Carlisle, Doncaster, Colchester, Blackpool and Southend. That's the beauty of football, you just never know what is around the corner.

Why not carry on the list? MK Dons, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Bradford, Shrewsbury, Brentford, Grimsby, Mansfield, Peterborough, Notts Couunty, Wrexham etc.

All teams who were above us in the League not so long ago and now a Division below. Some Teams go up and some go back down again. Amazing things these League Tables and of course they never lie.

I dare say that within a Season or maybe even within a few weeks, we'll be above Carlisle, Doncaster, Colchester, Blackpool and Southend. That's the beauty of football, you just never know what is around the corner.

The lengths that people will go to to delude themselves are incredible.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Why use the term "delude"?

It's true, football is fickle. Carlisle, Doncaster et al may take a nosedive and we may get that elusive player or two......you just never know with football!

For Goodness sake, give Shez a break! You have no right to say that hes a bad manager, he got us to the P/Os last year, so were having a baddish season! So what?! Every team has a mediocer season at one point, every manager does!

A certain manager when he first came to England had 4 consective mediocer seasons, but got much better with some time. Guess who that mans name was? Sir Alex Ferguson.

So give Shez a break! We know we're not having a great season, but how many clubs do you know who have an away unbeaten record of 14 matches?

(If the league was only ranked on away, we'd be 4th)

OK, so our home form is terrible ( in fact, its the worst in the league :disappointed: ) and we're not having a great season, but Sheridan is the best manager since 2002/3 (Im too young to remember who was in charge then!!!!!! :wink: )

Plus, were you annoyed that Sam Allerdyce was sacked after just 8 mths? Well youve only given Shez mths. He achieved LOADS in the 1st 12 months, are you going to judge him on half that this year?

Is that the best you can come up with? A 2 minute glance at the League 2 table (which blows your argument out of the water) and that makes me deluded!

I thought that you may be up to some sensible debate but it seems that I was sadly mistaken.

Is that the best you can come up with? A 2 minute glance at the League 2 table (which blows your argument out of the water) and that makes me deluded!

I thought that you may be up to some sensible debate but it seems that I was sadly mistaken.

If you don't want to admit that historically smaller clubs than ours have sailed past us over the last decade, while similar-sized clubs who were nowhere when we were flying high have gone on to better things, and continue to thrive, then that's up to you.

yep he is on the ball how many goals jave we scored in the last 5 games again? :shock:

oh yes and even tho taylor is gash he is RIGHT footed which is why playing him on the left is really astute management.

its not rocker science............or is it Shez?

So you're gonna judge him on 5 games?

And playing Taylor on the right worked horribly badly last season, didnt it...

If you don't want to admit that historically smaller clubs than ours have sailed past us over the last decade, while similar-sized clubs who were nowhere when we were flying high have gone on to better things, and continue to thrive, then that's up to you.

Now why didn't you say that last time instead of calling me deluded?

Of course things have changed. Maybe we could have been in The Premiership like Wigan if Chris Moore had come good. Then again, maybe we could have been bought by less dynamic individuals than TTA and be stagnating in League Two now rather than having a chance of getting into the Championship (with our refurbished gound) within a few Seasons?

The difference is that I can see both sides of the argument whereas you have proved recently that you are purely focussed on what fits your negative point of view.

We came down from the Premier League several years ago and I agree that more could have been done at the time to retain fans and build the Club. It wasn't though and we have had two changes of Ownership since then (3 if you count the Administrator) but still you trot out the same "lacking ambition" mantra.

The owners are trying to give us a Stadium fit for football and have invested more in the playing side of things than our income justifies. Unfortunately, that isn't good enough for you with your jibes about lack of ambition.

dont recall us getting promotion,so it cant have worked as well as you seem to be implying?

Getting to the Play-offs and being beaten by the eventual winners, who are now comfortably in mid-table in the championship, who will be major play-off contendors in a year or two is not a bad season, it worked well as we were consistant enough to get to a stage we havent been in for 5 years. How can you say 'out' after 6 bad months which come after an excellent year? How can you say out to a manager who beat Everton and Leeds away? Admittedly, Brian Talbot beat City, but have we been in the relegation zone since we hit bottom early in the season? Dont think so.

Getting to the Play-offs and being beaten by the eventual winners, who are now comfortably in mid-table in the championship, who will be major play-off contendors in a year or two is not a bad season, it worked well as we were consistant enough to get to a stage we havent been in for 5 years. How can you say 'out' after 6 bad months which come after an excellent year? How can you say out to a manager who beat Everton and Leeds away? Admittedly, Brian Talbot beat City, but have we been in the relegation zone since we hit bottom early in the season? Dont think so.

i think blackpool made us look like what we are, very average side with a very average manager,sorry if that ranckles but its the truth