The 'i feel like moaning about shez' thread

tactically_naive

If you must poll it...  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Sheridan to...

• Stay?
    • Or go?

No it used to be my drug / my fix....but its just becoming as circus at boundary park with some fans.....

I got my season ticket before they sacked Ronnie....many others held out until he had gone and then rushed to buy (you know the ones that really care about the club).....and now where headingly slowly downt he route again....I do question is it all worth it ??

People might say look at the poll on the site but I remember being here with Ronnie....a few people shouting get him out and it snow balled....

Cut me and I bleed blue....always have and always will.....but its not much fun trying to support your team whent he very people who are meant to have the clubs best intrest at heart in reality dont.....7 manager in 11 years is a joke.....make it 8 and I think its resonable to ask whats the point when we are going to keep shotting ourselves in the foot.....I want 3 to 4 years of the same fella in charge....is that too much to ask!!!

no it's not to much to ask for in an ideal world but who gets that long in this day and age? not many,just look at benitez at liverpool, champions of europe,runners up in europe,fa cup winners in as many years and he's not exactly sure of his job.looking back to when royle left,we'd had 2 managers in what the best part of 20 years,why? maybe because the board were to tight to sack em and pay up their contracts maybe? or maybe we as a club had no ambition to play in the top flight because it would cost more financially?then we finally reach the promised land and look what happens the costs spiral,we get relegated the players are still gettin the inflated wages, the crowds drop,the money is not coming in and the board, chairman and owners want results and promotions and they want it yesterday thats why managers get the sack(7 in ten years or so) after a year even less in some cases.stability is the only way forward and that means giving a manager time to see out his 3,4,5year plan,sadly not many get to year 3.ktf. sorry if it makes no sense but it makes sense to me.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is that this season was always going to be iffy. We lost three key members of the play-off side when Wellens, Porter and Haining went

Indeed-what somecan't see is that 'iffy' is obviously part of the famous two-year plan. Or is it a three-year plan? Or five?

Maybe it's ten. Anyway, 'iffy' was definitely in there. It's progress but by another name.

What too many on here can't see is that it's only through regression that progress happens.

It isn't the progress you can see, but the progress you can't see that matters.

Guest sheridans_world

Poll inadvertedly get deleted while i was merging threads, everyone can vote again, it was something like 20 for and 4 against

Guest sheridans_world
This thread makes even less sense than the stand alone threads that have been merged!

I knew i had an ulterior motive in this somewhere :grin:

Personally I think managing a football team is easier than a lot of jobs but I probably wont ever get the chance to have a go because i'm not a footballer.

Put it this way, I bet the average footballer/football manager hasn't got 5 GCSE's at A-C.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I bet you are right, especially with the English ones, some of the foreign coaches and players do seem to have quite a bit more unstairs which is probably why they are technically more advanced than the British game. Remember when the wave of foreign managers started and brought over stuff like proper diets, warm downs and sports psychologists..etc.. they were laughed at to start with, now I can't see an English premiershp club without them. Not all things will have filtered down to our level which is probably why the gap between the Prem-Championship-Leagues is so vast now as we can't compete over a season with teams that are getting that extra 5% or so out of players.

Also transfers and the financial side of the game are probably not areas that the traditional English manager excells either and maybe some of them shouldn't be involved with.

I am going to get hung for this but there is some merit in what Chris M**re tried to do and have a director of football and a coach, especially at our level, perhaps even more so at our level, one man to take care of transfers, diets and stuff with a coach to deal with the football side of things. Probably never going to happen due to cost.

Guest sheridans_world

Some footballers are very clever.

Think about it, you dont really use your brain all that much. Nothing to think about as far as problem solving, mathematics or literacy is involved. From the age of 16 they dont use their brains as much as everyone else does.

Its not a criticism but its a flaw of the professional game.

Nothing to think about as far as...literacy is involved...

Its not a criticism but its a flaw of the professional game.

How very true, "Yeah, I mean, smiffy played a great ball through and I just got on the end of it and was made up to see it go in brraap brraappp"

This thread makes even less sense than the stand alone threads that have been merged!

Stop compaining BT - otherwise your post will be deleted and you'll be getting a PM asking you not to post about things like that in the main forum.

You can question the way the board is moderated, only not where everybody alse can read it and have input, you have to do it in private.

Oi ! stop moaning you two , like pair of owd women muttering on.

cisada.jpg

Andy, I had a PM fro, SW this morning about this - he deleted a post I put up on the issue of thread merging. If I can work out how, I'll copy you into my reply.

Guest oa_exile
Andy, I had a PM fro, SW this morning about this - he deleted a post I put up on the issue of thread merging. If I can work out how, I'll copy you into my reply.

Dan i know you had a PM (The Exile know's everything :) ) , just let it roll mate , its not the end of the world your comments have been noted.

Dan i know you had a PM (The Exile know's everything :) ) , just let it roll mate , its not the end of the world your comments have been noted.

Fair play mate, I just feel like stuff about how the board is modded should (in certain circumstances of course) be up for public/member comment. I generally enjoy this board and I know you lot do a decent job to keep it entertaining/safe - I just don't think we should go all 'Big Brother' about things. That's all.

Cheers

Dan

Guest oa_exile
Fair play mate, I just feel like stuff about how the board is modded should (in certain circumstances of course) be up for public/member comment. I generally enjoy this board and I know you lot do a decent job to keep it entertaining/safe - I just don't think we should go all 'Big Brother' about things. That's all.

Cheers

Dan

Like I said Dan comments noted , WE are always looking at ways to improve and I for one enjoy feeback from everyone (constructive of course :wink: )

We are not perfect by any means , just Joe Public trying to run a MB :)

Getting back to the Sheridan debate. People can see the negatives, but what are the positives. He seems to have support on this board but, and I ask this without anything in mind, what are the good points about keeping him beyond the end of the season. I'm not talking about continuity, but what are HIS assets as a manager?

List please...

Getting back to the Sheridan debate. People can see the negatives, but what are the positives. He seems to have support on this board but, and I ask this without anything in mind, what are the good points about keeping him beyond the end of the season. I'm not talking about continuity, but what are HIS assets as a manager?

List please...

we dont lose often.

we TRY to play football in the correct manner.

the kids in the reserves trust him as he has manged most of them

he is still learning the game

he has a strong staff behind him

he loves the club

he is building a team (it may take more than 2 years)

oh and...............................we dont lose often

we have not bought anyone yet , i know it frustating but for gods sake at the start of the month everyone was singing his praises and now people just want to let him leave no problem. it takes time to build a promotion winning team especially with a small budget at a club that is LOSING money hand over fist. we are not in a position to sign just anyone , the players have to be right or we are stuck with them and we cant afford that. we are not a bad team , we are just struggeling to break teams down at the moment but when we give someone a good hiding and think that will be soon, watch the confidence come back to the players.

that is why we should do all we can to keep shez.

whats the motto of the fans oh yeah............................ KEEP THE FAITH.........try not to forget that!

Edited by palmer1

Guest sheridans_world
at the start of the month everyone was singing his praises and now people just want to let him leave no problem.

As it stands, less than 15% want him to leave, thats less than 3 people for every 20 people.

whats the motto of the fans oh yeah............................ KEEP THE FAITH.........try not to forget that!

If winning something is the only criterion of being a good manager then Shez can't tick the box. But neither did Joe Royle for many seasons. So do we throw Shez aside, go for someone else , start again, or do we back him and accept that he is still developing? We are now unfirtunately a club with limited resources and limited pulling power - it's not going to change overnight. TTA have a shown committment, with continued backing and ground plans. We have to do the same - and that includes not doing a Corporal Jones after losing 3 matches in 17.

Edited by LaticsPete

we dont lose often.

we TRY to play football in the correct manner.

the kids in the reserves trust him as he has manged most of them

he is still learning the game

he has a strong staff behind him

he loves the club

he is building a team (it may take more than 2 years)

oh and...............................we dont lose often

we have not bought anyone yet , i know it frustating but for gods sake at the start of the month everyone was singing his praises and now people just want to let him leave no problem. it takes time to build a promotion winning team especially with a small budget at a club that is LOSING money hand over fist. we are not in a position to sign just anyone , the players have to be right or we are stuck with them and we cant afford that. we are not a bad team , we are just struggeling to break teams down at the moment but when we give someone a good hiding and think that will be soon, watch the confidence come back to the players.

that is why we should do all we can to keep shez.

Fair enough but, in the interests of healthy debate, you could equally say:

we don't win often

we rarely excite

we need someone who knows the game

anyone can build a strong backroom

he loves Sheff.Wed

he has had a very high turnover of players, especially in the two summers, which makes it very difficult to build a team

oh, and we don't win often, especially at home (2 games all season)