The 'i feel like moaning about shez' thread

tactically_naive

If you must poll it...  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Sheridan to...

• Stay?
    • Or go?

Please can you fix it for me to watch some half-decent football at Boundary Park. It's been a while now since we saw a reasonable performance at BP and I'm just a little tired of turning up in all weathers to watch yet another dismal performance. Today's fixture was always going to be a come down from Goodison but today's "performance" was shocking.

For a start, please, please, please, please ban Chris Taylor from taking corners. Even Stephen Hawking could put a better cross in than the Ginger One. I love the fact that he's a local lad, I love the fact that he's a Tics fan through and through, but he can't take a corner for toffee. Ban him, now. Please. Also, he is perfectly able to get into good crossing positions down the left but crosses the ball like Thora Hird. Please teach him to cross. An end product would be a good thing.

Secondly, please can you teach Craig Davies how to control and hold onto the football. Oh, and shoot too. And pass to team mates in better positions than he. And to stop going missing when things don't go his way after 15 minutes.

You, Shez, were the master of the creative pass and normally worked your magic from a 30 yard radius circle in the middle of the pitch. None of our current crop of players seem able to make the simplest of passes, apart from ones backwards as yet another "attack" breaks down. We used to have a player called Ritchie who was a half-decent creative player but he's wandered off to Yorkshire now. He had his flaws, sure, he had a bit of a temper sometimes and had the odd sulk but he could thread a pass through the eye of a needle. Not to your immense standards Shez, but pretty good nonetheless. Neil Kilkenny was a reasonable replacement for Ritchie but he's wandered off into Yorkshire too. I'm all for human cloning. A new Shez if you please?

I'll be turning up at BP again on Tuesday evening, but I'd love it if the team in blue would turn up as well, and not the shambolic excuse for a football team that I witnesses today.

Yours faithfully,

tactically_naive

(Aged 36 and 3/4)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheridan is at best a half decent coach. I normally sit in the Chaddy but today sat a few rows behind the dug-out. The guy is clueless, no tactical awareness and no idea of how to change things when they are clearly going wrong. He was a great player to watch but he is not intelligent enough to be a manager. Too many players out of position. His monotone manc accent nearly sends me to sleep when he gives his interviews, so god knows how he motivates the players. We cant attract the players, so i doubt we would be able to attract a better manager. I have accepted that we'll be stuck in this division until our luck changes. We have some great young players coming through and with the new stadium things will get better. We'll just keep on treading water until then.

Shez said in his interview with Stitch on Sky that, first and foremost, his priority is avoiding relegation. I agree with him.

We could see up to three new faces in the squad soon and suddenly have lift off. However, I'm assuming that any new players will take time to settle in. I'll be at BP on Tuesday and next Saturday at Swansea, but I'm realistic enough not to expect even one point from the two games, because I believe that Carlisle and Swansea have better, more experienced players and more options.

We're not going to pick up many points at home and the good away form is unlikely to continue, as injuries and suspensions take their toll. I think a determined effort is now needed by players and management to ensure that we do not get dragged into the relegation dog-fight, but it's not going to be easy to avoid going backwards.

Then next season the young players will be a lot more experienced and hopefully we can start to challenge for promotion.

Having said that, I've still had more highlights than in the average season, even though it looks more like onwards rather than upwards.

KtF.

Sheridan is at best a half decent coach. I normally sit in the Chaddy but today sat a few rows behind the dug-out. The guy is clueless, no tactical awareness and no idea of how to change things when they are clearly going wrong. He was a great player to watch but he is not intelligent enough to be a manager. Too many players out of position. His monotone manc accent nearly sends me to sleep when he gives his interviews, so god knows how he motivates the players. We cant attract the players, so i doubt we would be able to attract a better manager. I have accepted that we'll be stuck in this division until our luck changes. We have some great young players coming through and with the new stadium things will get better. We'll just keep on treading water until then.

He's in his second full season as a manager! Give the guy a bloody break! You find me a manager who gets instant success in his second season while trying to build his own team. Yes, I accept Shez has made mistakes but find someone who hasn't!

And I think you're being a bit too harsh taking it out on the way he talks. I mean what has that got to do with ANYTHING? Seriously?

:shock:

SHEZZA RULES :censored: OFF YA MISERABLE :censored:

:grin:

We have to remember sheridan is still in his 2nd full season as manager and i for one do think he will turn it round. I understand he only wants the right player to come to our club and all that but regarding strikers and scoring goals i don't think we're really in a position to be picky of our options.

I have seen plenty of away wins, but at home it is becoming a nightmare. unfortunately I missed the home FA Cup tie at home to Crewe so I haven't seen a home win in the league since 29th September, yes 29th September. In proper games we have only won against Crewe twice( 1 League and 1 Cup) and Swansea on the opening game of the season when were very lucky.

It is unbelievable that we are so tactically bereft of ideas that we can't work out how to win home games.

So my plea is please Shez work it out, home form is the bedrock of any football club and its supporter base, if this continues for the rest of the season what happens to nest year's season ticket sales, perhaps we should be selling away season tickets.

adios amigos.

some of the :censored:te ive just read here make me think why bother on here any more.

latics forever...through thick and thin...mmmm whats the point to some here?

horray to the moaners :applause1: ...see you next year in the fa cup again eh...when it :censored: suits you eh.

to the admin here...

sorry guys..you've created an unintentional monster.

see you in the pubs when we meet.

farewell+goodnight.

Forgive me if I am wrong but didnt we make the play-offs last season? Forgive me if I am wrong yet again but arent we within grabbing reach of a play-off spot at the mo? Granted, we aint doing the biz at home (I only go home games myself so am more frustrated than most who manage to see us win away from BP) but I still stay to the death and clap the lads off. Shezza IS getting frustrated with lack of goals but he loves Latics and will pull his tripe out to get us winning again. AND by playing the ball along the ground, not by RM's hoof ball tictacs - come on guys, I know tis frustrating but FAITH IS SHEZZA please!!!

Forgive me if I am wrong but didnt we make the play-offs last season? Forgive me if I am wrong yet again but arent we within grabbing reach of a play-off spot at the mo? Granted, we aint doing the biz at home (I only go home games myself so am more frustrated than most who manage to see us win away from BP) but I still stay to the death and clap the lads off. Shezza IS getting frustrated with lack of goals but he loves Latics and will pull his tripe out to get us winning again. AND by playing the ball along the ground, not by RM's hoof ball tictacs - come on guys, I know tis frustrating but FAITH IS SHEZZA please!!!

Ill support Shez but lack of plan B is annoying. Lack of support on the bench is annoying. This is his second season and he’s not learning from mistakes from his first.

If we are going to use the “he’s still learning” adage then we need to look at the best way he can do that. We need an experienced coach as his assistant.

Completely agree. Think we need to be realistic. We've got a squad made up of senior pros (two of which are out with long term injuries), some average pros, a couple of above average players (Hughes, Stam when he's playing well) and a load of kids who at the moment are the nucleus of the team. Despite this, we're still in with a realistic shout of the play offs if we can get a couple of players in before the end of January. I'd like to see any other manager get more out of what Shez has to choose from at the moment. Although i will conceed that playing Rubes at left back wasn't the smartest decision he's ever made...

Although i will conceed that playing Rubes at left back wasn't the smartest decision he's ever made...
....particularly with a natural left footed player sat on the bench for the whole of the 90+ minutes that Rubes was being fleeced. Sheridan just needs to learn from his mistakes, but unfortunately he is too stubborn to believe he makes them (Quote: "Some of the fans think they know better than me, but they don't"). Anyone who was sat close enough to witness the way our substitution was handled on Saturday could only laugh at the ineptitude and uncertaintity that surrounded it.

Much as I'd like to see someone experienced alongside Shez, I think he may be a little too pig-headed to listen to anyone else.

As for motivation, I've never heard any of our most critical mainstand moaners match some of the demotivating comments Shez has levelled at young players this season.

Sheridan has many qualities, but his ignorance lets him down in a big way.

....particularly with a natural left footed player sat on the bench for the whole of the 90+ minutes that Rubes was being fleeced. Sheridan just needs to learn from his mistakes, but unfortunately he is too stubborn to believe he makes them (Quote: "Some of the fans think they know better than me, but they don't"). Anyone who was sat close enough to witness the way our substitution was handled on Saturday could only laugh at the ineptitude and uncertaintity that surrounded it.

Much as I'd like to see someone experienced alongside Shez, I think he may be a little too pig-headed to listen to anyone else.

As for motivation, I've never heard any of our most critical mainstand moaners match some of the demotivating comments Shez has levelled at young players this season.

Sheridan has many qualities, but his ignorance lets him down in a big way.

not the only problem plays a right back at left back when there is a left back on the bench plays a right winger at centre forward a central midfielder at right wing a right footer at left wing and keeps going on about wolfenden being the best finisher at the club but wont pick him when he had the perfect opportunity on saturday really dont think he is a clue tactically on ronnie moore football may have been hoofball but we did win games and even that was better than the sh/ite that has been served up at home this season

....particularly with a natural left footed player sat on the bench for the whole of the 90+ minutes that Rubes was being fleeced.

So who is this then??? Paul Black??? So you would have thrown him into a 4th round derby???

I assume you are prob referring to Lomax... who is right footed...??

I have a feeling also Ruuubes was the victim of some good, if not too ingenious, tactics from 'udders.... to be honest he has player there against yeovil and Gills without much trouble, yet 'udders deliberately attacked down that wing and tested him.... unfortunately they really exposed our key defensive weakness, especially in the first 15 minutes..... shows how simple and effective a bit of tactical nouse can be at this level...

not the only problem plays a right back at left back when there is a left back on the bench plays a right winger at centre forward a central midfielder at right wing a right footer at left wing and keeps going on about wolfenden being the best finisher at the club but wont pick him when he had the perfect opportunity on saturday really dont think he is a clue tactically on ronnie moore football may have been hoofball but we did win games and even that was better than the sh/ite that has been served up at home this season

Right - what eactly woudl you have had him do on saturday with our vast and endless squad... I assume you are referring to macca playing on the wing... whom he switched with allott after about 25 mins... and for me, worked really well.... Allott was the best player ont he pitch... and lets be really honest, we were the better side and should ahve won... but we didnt, and suddely shez is an idiot for doing the best he can with a radically depleted squad... now that could be his fault too... however... it is a different arguement...

Do you honestly think thisng are any worse than under Ronnie Moore.. honestly it isnt... another one of my bugbears this season is everyone bleating on about how good at home we were last seasona nd even the season before... were we?? I dont think so... even last season we played very similarly... we just had a little more luck... and the games we are currently losing 1-0 were the other way around... nothing much wrong with our defence... and with a bit of luck in front of goal we would ahve a virtually identical record.... we ahve been bobbins at home for 3 years now... we have just never had the utterly terrible luck we have had this season to contend with before...

So who is this then??? Paul Black??? So you would have thrown him into a 4th round derby???

I assume you are prob referring to Lomax... who is right footed...??

I would have thrown my Aunt Doris on rather than watch Rubes get his confidence knocked out of him. We have been told how good Black is.... Let him prove it.

Lomax would have been an equally good option as he has proved himself in that position, or maybe at 80 minutes we could have pushed Trotters up front, Rubes into the centre of defence and either one of the aforementioned subs to LB (Preferably Lomax if we were going to play 3 at the back). There were many options, but we chose the one that didn't work again. Wolfy did ok, but we needed a big fella up there.

We could see up to three new faces in the squad soon and suddenly have lift off. However, I'm assuming that any new players will take time to settle in. I'll be at BP on Tuesday and next Saturday at Swansea, but I'm realistic enough not to expect even one point from the two games, because I believe that Carlisle and Swansea have better, more experienced players and more options.

KtF.

Yes-the mighty Carlisle and those footballing giants Swansea.

How can we possibly hope to compete?

Yes-the mighty Carlisle and those footballing giants Swansea.

How can we possibly hope to compete?

Honestly... are you that deluded to think we can compete with Swansea's budget???.... I sometimes wonder if Latics fans have any clue of what goes on with other teams in the division...

"Swansea, well they werent a founder member of the premier league like us... must be rubbish" Yeah.... so rubbish they are 9 points clear at the top of the league....

Strangely though, as has been said, I think we will get a result against these two...

He's in his second full season as a manager! Give the guy a bloody break! You find me a manager who gets instant success in his second season while trying to build his own team. Yes, I accept Shez has made mistakes but find someone who hasn't!

And I think you're being a bit too harsh taking it out on the way he talks. I mean what has that got to do with ANYTHING? Seriously?

Iain Dowie

Honestly... are you that deluded to think we can compete with Swansea's budget???.... I sometimes wonder if Latics fans have any clue of what goes on with other teams in the division...

"Swansea, well they werent a founder member of the premier league like us... must be rubbish" Yeah.... so rubbish they are 9 points clear at the top of the league....

Strangely though, as has been said, I think we will get a result against these two...

We seem unable to compete with Carlisle, Doncaster, Colchester, Blackpool, Southend etc either. You know-footballing giants like that?

And then there's Swansea with their 3,000 gates in the division below us not long ago....

That's what I love about supporting Latics-the sense of progress and the iron will to compete.

We seem unable to compete with Carlisle, Doncaster, Colchester, Blackpool, Southend etc either. You know-footballing giants like that?

And then there's Swansea with their 3,000 gates in the division below us not long ago....

That's what I love about supporting Latics-the sense of progress and the iron will to compete.

and then theres our amazing 4000 gates in the same division!