• Or go?

Guest sheridans_world
Fair enough but, in the interests of healthy debate, you could equally say:

we don't win often

we rarely excite

we need someone who knows the game

anyone can build a strong backroom

he loves Sheff.Wed

he has had a very high turnover of players, especially in the two summers, which makes it very difficult to build a team

oh, and we don't win often, especially at home (2 games all season)

Why post saying you want positives when you only reply with negatives?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough but, in the interests of healthy debate, you could equally say:

we don't win often

we rarely excite

we need someone who knows the game

anyone can build a strong backroom

he loves Sheff.Wed

he has had a very high turnover of players, especially in the two summers, which makes it very difficult to build a team

oh, and we don't win often, especially at home (2 games all season)

we win away all the time

we have excited on a number of occasions this season

he not the manager of sheff wed

we are a selling club and if people want to leave then they leave , thats life, they have to be replaced, that would be the same with any manager.

oh and we dont lose often, especially away (9 on the trot away)

you cant pick and choose where you wingames and think most of the beef is with the fact that alot people cant go to all the away games, a win is a win at any ground.

next season we might win every home game and lose every away game , i have a feeling people will be much happier and just say.if only our away form was better but shez is doing ok and he will turn it around,

I voted to stay - forever - RM's sacking and his appointment was what made me get a S.T. for the first time in 20 years.

Always thought the level of football would be good even if we dont get success - we got a bit of success last seas as a bonus, level of footy has been good up to last couple of games - need to get our confidence back and get a great win toneet!

we win away all the time

we have excited on a number of occasions this season

he not the manager of sheff wed

we are a selling club and if people want to leave then they leave , thats life, they have to be replaced, that would be the same with any manager.

oh and we dont lose often, especially away (9 on the trot away)

you cant pick and choose where you wingames and think most of the beef is with the fact that alot people cant go to all the away games, a win is a win at any ground.

next season we might win every home game and lose every away game , i have a feeling people will be much happier and just say.if only our away form was better but shez is doing ok and he will turn it around,

Actually, i only wanted to see why others are positive about him because i have serious doubts and don't see that much in him at all. We draw a lot of very tedious games and have failed to excite at home at all. This is a serious problem. It's been average to poor for a year. We've always been a selling club, but players simply don't want to stay. And we don't actually sell that many. They would rather go to Port Vale, Doncaster or (god forbid) Scotland!

Oh, and we still don't win that often at home, or entertain.

QUOTE(garcon @ Jan 28 2008, 23:00 PM)

I blame Football Manager 2008.

Every brainless loon with a computer who's taken their team form the Conference to Europe thinks this football management lark is a piece of p*ss.

so true :lol: so true

Very, very true.

oafc000, I am worried how much I agree with you, this and also the stability issue.

You know it's bad when people are trolling through it looking for players to sign, and then saying such and such a player was good on Fm, worth a shout/do a job for us.

Actually, i only wanted to see why others are positive about him because i have serious doubts and don't see that much in him at all. We draw a lot of very tedious games and have failed to excite at home at all. This is a serious problem. It's been average to poor for a year. We've always been a selling club, but players simply don't want to stay. And we don't actually sell that many. They would rather go to Port Vale, Doncaster or (god forbid) Scotland!

Oh, and we still don't win that often at home, or entertain.

Port Vale!! Are you referring to Rocastle and Edwards by any chance!! :shock: Good riddance!

Doncaster!! At the moment more money to pay and more ambition than us!!

Scotland!! As a player, would you rather ply your trade in the 3rd division of english football, or the premier league of scotland with many, many games against champions league sides..celtic or rangers!!

I'm not saying i agree with the last two, but as for players not wanting to stay, i think you'll find that an extra piece of silver in a players' hand is all the loyalty required for most these days!! :disappointed:

basically if he doesnt do things exctly how these individual fans like it then hes gotta go, my advice to these fans: start your own club, hes trying to do right by us, but hes never gonna satisfy everyone, hes getting us results, if you dont like it, go to man u

so everyone sing from the same hymn sheet or leave. i've noticed a trend on these boards. no criticism, ever, unless it suits you.

'if you don't like go to man u'. typical. what's up, don't you like your cosy love-being disturbed by individuals with opinions? does it hurt your brain or make you cry because someone questions what you think? will the nice man from stretford get upset and leave.

grow up.

so everyone sing from the same hymn sheet or leave. i've noticed a trend on these boards. no criticism, ever, unless it suits you.

'if you don't like go to man u'. typical. what's up, don't you like your cosy love-being disturbed by individuals with opinions? does it hurt your brain or make you cry because someone questions what you think? will the nice man from stretford get upset and leave.

grow up.

Ha Ha! Great reply!

adios amigos.

some of the :censored:te ive just read here make me think why bother on here any more.

latics forever...through thick and thin...mmmm whats the point to some here?

horray to the moaners :applause1: ...see you next year in the fa cup again eh...when it :censored: suits you eh.

to the admin here...

sorry guys..you've created an unintentional monster.

see you in the pubs when we meet.

farewell+goodnight.

I totally agree with thee, fcukin dreamers these people who think with the squad weve got were gonna be challenging the top 2. There is no manager who could do better than Shez at the moment. Simple as that. That fecker who sat behind shez and decides his tactics are crap, who the :censored: are you? In fact Shez should invite him down and let him take training and his obvious superior voice would do the trick with our goal scoring drought. Maybe its Capello's lovely anglo vowels you would like eh.

does it hurt when you say a player should play in defence but then shez plays someone else?

because we hear it over and over, "i knew we shoulda played him instead" blah blah

I think ive found one of these people who always seem to be sat right behind me and do nothing but complain during matches, dont mind other opinions but when you lose only 2 games in 19 and you get fans asking should he go, what do you have to do?

and talking bout having your own opinions thats mine^

im sick of hearing people go on, because its not exactly the team they want, for some reason dont understand that he actually trains these players and is with them on a day to day basis and he is picking his best side, yet these people think they know better than him and get there strop on because its not what they wanted. heres an idea - apply for the job

same applies

thanks for playing

Why get rid of shez hes a good manager give him a chance. This is the problem managers do not get enough time to show they are the right man. Course shez is going to make mistakes hes a new manager.

I totally agree mate.

Have read a few comments which slate Shez and yet only 9 people voted him out! Also, its amazing how many people can do better than him if they were in charge!!! If that was true then they would have been discovered by now, surely!?!?!

Shez needs time to build and mould his own team to play the way HE wants us to play. Sacking him would be completely and utterly pointless and we would also effectively be a further three years behind where we are right now!

Ever since the 3 Amigo's came in we have not had any stability in the managers office, first Dowie quit, then after a detailed search the job was handed to Talbot and then when he couldn't hack it we had the second clueless lump in Moore!

All along, the owners have made it pretty clear they want a manager in place for the long term and if you read their comments after Dowie, Talbot and Moore all left it is clear that the owners weren't delighted with the decision. The only way the club can move forward is by keeping the manager in place and allowing him the time to build the team up.

Yes Saturday v Huddersfield was bad but overall our home form has been abysmal this season, probably one of the worst I have ever known (Can't be bothered researching this). However, last night v Carlisle was a delight to watch and we played some cracking football with the biggest debate being exactly who was the MOM - Shez was responsible for picking both sides, the tactics used, the formation and the morale; last night moreso than Saturday!

Also, its Shez's sides that have remained unbeaten away from BP since October/November 07 which has seen some fantastic wins along the way.

Personally, I reckon Shez should be backed with a long-term deal along with Tommy Wright, Duxbury and Philiskirk. They can then continue the good work they have started eg Trotman, signed for £0 played 20 games for us and 32 in total + 4 sub appearances and we raked in £500k + more in the future! Great business for the club.